Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Paper Mario

Sarka

I totally agree and its not just the townspeople either, Marios sidekicks/pixels arent half as funny/lovable as the previous 2 games.

Thanks for that Tales. Although Im just about to start Chapter 6 methinks im ready for the Trials :)

PHTO0109.jpg

How did you get to lv 36 in eight hours?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get to lv 36 in eight hours?

I'm wondering the same I'm 5 hrs in I think and only Level 7!

You think thats good, 30 mins later I was on level 59!

Ok heres what to do.

Go to level 1-1 and get right to the last section. Go to where the Star power-up is and run a little past it and using the GRAB/Throw Pixl grab one of the purple enemies that shoots stones at you. Throw him just left of the Star power-up and now hit the block and grab the Star. Run right and destroy everything in sight until your power-up runs out. Now go back left and pick up your purple guy again and throw him just underneath the block where the Star came from. Now switch to Carrie Pixl ( Not really needed but it helps ) and get ready to jump.....ALOT.

What happens is that the purple enemy fires at you but you jump on his shot and hold the jump button when you land on his shot. This makes Mario do a high jump and the enemy fires again ( stay close to him ) continue doing this as far as you can and the points rack up. I got to 9,000 points a jump earlier today hence the massive amount of exp and levelling up.

Like I said Carrie isnt really needed but it gives a larger area to hit the small target with. I got this method off a guy from gamesfaqs and it works a treat. Im hoping to reach level 99 tomorrow and probably would have today if I wasnt on nightshift and went back to bed.

ENJOY!

I've not played that much of this game (thanks to Rupeeland!) Got to say though, I'm really not enjoying this as much as I was expecting to. :blank:

The gameplay is great but I'm finding the story to be a bit, meh...

As a result I sometimes find myself just trying to skip past the dialogue which is a shame because its very funny at times, but it really breaks up the action in an unwanted way for me.

I think I'd have enjoyed this more if it was just a platform game.

So at the moment I'd say I prefer The Thousand-Year Door, but hopefully that'll change, maybe I just need to get into this a bit more. :hmm:

I played this briefly last night for half an hour in bed and plaid it earlier on today. Lv 8 and played for about 9 hours and on chapter 4-4.

Just a quick question to Hero, is it more or less fun going about destroying the game, or do you prefer a bit of a challenge?

I like games where you can go around and stop things but wondered what it would be like on this being all-mighty and powerfull :heh:

I just reached lv 99 myself. It was a bit fun to level up every 30 seconds or so. I think I will say I'm completly done with the game now. I've completed all of the sidequest dungeons and gotten over 210 cards and the rest of it I won't bother. 40 hours total, not bad.

Eh...hate to ruin the party, but am I the only who finds this game a tad boring? N64 paper Mario is far superior to this. With the N64 version there were 'time-waster' rpg type things to do and the strategic battles actually had you thinking, but this is really just a platformer with a dodgy 3D mode and simple 'battles' if I can call it that. Quite disapointed with this. And I'm not usually a graphics whore but these are just lazy, it looks like a GBA game in emulation, though sure some characters look alright. And what withs all these doors? In the middle of a desert theres a door? Tut.

Which leaves the question: Why is it called "Super" paper Mario?

Eh...hate to ruin the party, but am I the only who finds this game a tad boring? N64 paper Mario is far superior to this. With the N64 version there were 'time-waster' rpg type things to do and the strategic battles actually had you thinking, but this is really just a platformer with a dodgy 3D mode and simple 'battles' if I can call it that. Quite disapointed with this. And I'm not usually a graphics whore but these are just lazy, it looks like a GBA game in emulation, though sure some characters look alright. And what withs all these doors? In the middle of a desert theres a door? Tut.

Which leaves the question: Why is it called "Super" paper Mario?

Did you read my review? Now I have finished it, I have to say I was too kind with the score. This is more of a 6/10 than an 8/10.

as long as you have fun who cares right. i dont give a flying F bout getting a lvl 99

I always feel the need to completely level up when playing an RPG, its how I have fun

Just a quick question to Hero, is it more or less fun going about destroying the game, or do you prefer a bit of a challenge?

To be honest it hasnt made much difference in this game. The game itself is stupidly easy as it doesnt know whether it wants to be a RPG or Platformer. It is funny getting to the boss of a stage and then killing him with 1 shot though :) Also the Trails was a walkover using the level 99 method and is well worth doing as it only takes an hour max.

From NoE website:

When you are playing Super Paper Mario in UK English, German or Spanish, a problem can occur in a very specific situation. Since the situation where the error occurs is so specific, it’s very possible that you may not experience any issue at all.

At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door to Mimi's right. However, if you talk to Mimi without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point.

Please note that your game freezing up will not do any damage to your Wii or the game itself, but we do sincerely apologise for this error and the inconvenience caused to your gameplay experience.

While you can avoid the problem as described above, we want to give you the opportunity to replace your Super Paper Mario game disc with a new version that doesn’t contain the error. Details about the replacement procedure will be announced shortly on this website.

We hope this problem doesn’t stop you from enjoying Super Paper Mario and would once again like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Ok, I'm stuck. Please help me :-

I have the 3 tablets, but where do I have to put them? I've been inside the volcano, but all it does is give me an order to place them in yes?

And what is this mini-game, that some of you have been talking about? I haven't come across it yet :(

You know that high mountain next to the volcano? Jump right above the upper most block to reveal a hidden block. I had problems with this part myself so I had to use the fortune teller.

If you go in 3D mode in the pub(Flipside B1) you will find the Arcade.

Regarding "From NoE" Website:

I still wonder why there exists some European versions that have this problem anyway (especially because we had to wait long enough for this game) - I didn't hear of it in the US- or JP-Version and they were way earilier released too....

I hope I don't have to pay for sending it in (they even could add some bonus disk or something like this, would be nice :) ) - although I still wonder: The bug couldn't be that much of a problem to fix it over an online update (would probably have to be the firmware) - although exchange is probably the best for various reasons (if the start creating Patches for consoles we will soon be there, where we are for the PC)...

I finally got this game yesterday and I have to say I am enjoying it apart from the VILE sound effect of the text appearing on screen. That is the most irritating sound ever to grace my ears. The intro was barely watchable due to that irritating sound, other than that I think I'll enjoy this game and look at it as a platformer. The characters don't seen to show much depth so far, certainly not as much as the Thousand Year Doors characters anyway.

Also My Wii did a system update when I inserted the disc. I now have Version 2.1E and have noticed subtle differences to the Wii Menu. But best of all when I post a note I don't get that poxy "files corruption" message anymore, things just tick along nicely. SO HAPPY about that.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!