NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

This the same Monolith that developed the great but overlooked shooter, Shogo, for the PC and most recently FEAR and Condemned?

If so, they are one of my fave developers.

I think that's another Monolith, namely Monolith Productions. Disaster is by Monolith Soft.

I think that's another Monolith, namely Monolith Productions. Disaster is by Monolith Soft.
You are correct.

Monolith is basically Chrono Cross and Xenogears team; they're specialized in RPG's but ended up doing this RE4-style game.

You are correct.

Monolith is basically Chrono Cross and Xenogears team; they're specialized in RPG's but ended up doing this RE4-style game.

Xenogears was good and barely started Chrono cross but being egged on by a friend to complete it so will sort that out later. Good developers so I have high hopes for this game. Shame though, wou;d have liked something from 'Productions.

I would have liked something from the Naughty Dog team but who am I kidding?

This game is bound to be awesome purely because of the main characters haircut and beard.

The haircut should be possible for me actually but my beard is not thick enough. :(

I really hope we see more of this game in the Nintendo Media whatevah

I just love this game :D

Finally! Here are some brief details about Nintendo's monolithic Wii game.

Details have always been sketchy on Monolith Soft's new Wii title, Disaster: Day of Crisis. Originally scheduled to be released in 2007, the game was delayed into 2008. With the impending Japanese release, a few new details have been revealed about the Nintendo-published "survival action" game, courtesy Famitsu Magazine.

In Disaster: Day of Crisis you play as Ray, who a year ago lost his friend and co-worker, Steve. The story centers on Ray's attempts to rescue Steve's sister, Lisa, from kidnappers. His efforts are challenged by a series of natural disasters such as volcanoes, tsunamis, and hurricanes. On top of that, Ray has to foil a terrorist plot to set of a nuclear bomb.

Gameplay will work by moving around with the analog stick on the Nunchuk. The Wii Remote pointer aims whatever weapon or item Ray has equipped, which can be used with the B Trigger. Ray can also stop to help the wounded. One level shows Ray trying to escape a tsunami in a car, which is controlled by the player holding the Wii Remote in a horizontal position.

Disaster: Day of Crisis is slated for a July release in Japan. It is currently listed as 2008 in the US and Europe.

www.nintendoworldreport.com

In Disaster: Day of Crisis you play as Ray, who a year ago lost his friend and co-worker, Steve. The story centers on Ray's attempts to rescue Steve's sister, Lisa, from kidnappers. His efforts are challenged by a series of natural disasters such as volcanoes, tsunamis, and hurricanes. On top of that, Ray has to foil a terrorist plot to set of a nuclear bomb.

Thats pretty much the best game plot I've ever heard :smile:

I like the sound of al that, apart from the distant feeling of a release date.

Yes it uses B to fire! Thats one of my only criticism about the MP3 setup.

I like the sound of al that, apart from the distant feeling of a release date.

Well the thing that bothers me about this is how close the release date is and how little we've seen. Personally I have a bad feeling about this one!

Yes it uses B to fire! Thats one of my only criticism about the MP3 setup.

You can change that in the options.

And yeah, I guess it isn't too far away, but everything seems it at the moment because nothing too appealing is coming out soon.

It's all just 'look at this cool future game' atm.

Hell Yeah, i like it :)

Im starting to save a lot of money, im gonna buy a lot of games.

Gameplay could be fun but the plot sounds like it was put together of four B-movies.

Gameplay could be fun but the plot sounds like it was put together of four B-movies.

Yep. It's a bad sign that they've told you so much of whats going on already. Hopefully there will be far more too it than that as this is Monolith but the lack of media exposure from this game is a bit worrying. Especially as this is basically a Nintendo game now. :S

We knew the plot was something like that, at least about surviving catastrophes and helping people, so not much new here.

Less like a B-Movie and more like a disaster movie if you ask me, which could be exactly what they're aiming for.

I think it;s a great idea for a game, but we've seen so little of it. I don;t hold out much hope.

Was inevitable really!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10032

Disaster: Day of Crisis Delayed in Japan

Nintendo's action packed adventure, Disaster: Day of Crisis, has been made TBA in Japan.

According to an announcement on the game's official Japanese page, a release date has be prosponed to extend development and make improvements to a title that would have hit stores on July 3rd 2008.

I'd like to see around another 6 months work be put into this!

Make it known to the world [we've seen so little] with progress/info reports, new screens, trailers, run an advertising campaign etc...

And released worldwide for Christmas '08.

Was expecting this. It cropped up from nowhere and it needs more attention/details out.

Recent reports are actually stating that it may have been delayed due to the whole disaster situation in China :( Makes sense.

Recent reports are actually stating that it may have been delayed due to the whole disaster situation in China :( Makes sense.

Then its never going to get released.