NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Wario Land is hardly setting the world on fire.

On Rails sections has me worried, but I'll at least wait for some hands on impressions before I dismiss it entirely.

WarioLandShake.jpg

I don't understand? And before anyone says that I'm being negative, well I'm not, I'm being realistic. I'm buzzing about several of the new Wii games that will be out over the next 12 months. I think this game has a great concept, I just have a hunch it'll turn out to be sub par and a real missed opportunity.

So were gonna dismiss every game until we have exactly what we want? We're fucked.

Why are on rails shooters so bad now?

So were gonna dismiss every game until we have exactly what we want? We're fucked.

(Traumatized Voice) Resident Evil UC... Resident Evil UC... AAARGH!!!

That... game... was... AWESOME! What's the problem, it was amazing, loved every minute of it! Especially the Wesker missions! Wow, it was cool, great graphics, great atmosphere, really really fun!

Im not gonna discuss about it again, i done it 40 times in this forum

A rather good game?

I dislike rail shooters.

Many people love rail shooters.

Sorry for being disappointed that a game I was potentially looking forward to is dipping into a genre I'm not a fan of.

Is it cool to hate all Wii titles that we haven't played, now?

:blank:

I think its just the fact that people weren't expecting it and were expecting something more like a 3rd person shooter. Also the fact that there have been alot of Rails shooters on the Wii.

Dude, at least use one of the bad rails shooters as an example. Rayman Raving Rabbids maybe?

we know next to nothing about the 'on rails' shooting sections. It could be an occasional level, or even just a FP shooting- a la MGS.

I don't understand? And before anyone says that I'm being negative, well I'm not, I'm being realistic. I'm buzzing about several of the new Wii games that will be out over the next 12 months. I think this game has a great concept, I just have a hunch it'll turn out to be sub par and a real missed opportunity.

I believe his stating Wario Land: Shake It was announced and is gonna be released within quite a small time-frame without having much info on it! Also i believe Shake It will get very good reviews, watch this space.

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally looking forward to all the Wii games this year..but i have no particular hype for any of them..infact i'm much more interested in 360/PS3 games now cause i've been hyped up..i mean with 'Fable II', 'Gears of War 2', 'Mirrors Edge', 'Prince Of Persia', 'Banjo Kazzoie', 'Resistance 2', 'Little Big Planet' facing the likes of Wii Music (A interesting music title, which will be fun but doesn't seem like a actual game), Animal Crossing (which is great, i know it will be but it's not new enough for me personally) and Disaster (which again will be pretty decent i reckon). I don't know..it's a good Wii end of year line-up including a few third-party games!

I get much more hyped for games such as MadWorld ,New House Of The Dead, Wii Sports: Resort, Red Steel 2 and Pikmin 3! To be honest 2009 for Wii is what i'm looking forward too now!

Wario Land is hardly setting the world on fire.

On Rails sections has me worried, but I'll at least wait for some hands on impressions before I dismiss it entirely.

Sales-wise no it isn't (yet, because it's still hanging in the tops), quality wise, yes it is.

What's not to understand. Wario Land was anounced almost before launch and there was very little info about it. It turned into a fucking amazing game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally looking forward to all the Wii games this year..but i have no particular hype for any of them..infact i'm much more interested in 360/PS3 games now cause i've been hyped up..i mean with 'Fable II', 'Gears of War 2', 'Mirrors Edge', 'Prince Of Persia', 'Banjo Kazzoie', 'Resistance 2', 'Little Big Planet' facing the likes of Wii Music (A interesting music title, which will be fun but doesn't seem like a actual game), Animal Crossing (which is great, i know it will be but it's not new enough for me personally) and Disaster (which again will be pretty decent i reckon). I don't know..it's a good Wii end of year line-up including a few third-party games!

This is actually a really interesting thing. By all means, I can't change what you're looking and not looking forward to, but it's fascinating how even in this day and age, people only look to first party games.

And this isn't a patronising post or anything, and I'm not singling you out, but notice that everyone things "Wii 2008 = Wii Music, Animal Crossing, Disaster".

Tiger Woods 09

Mushroom Men

De Blob

Force Unleashed

Clone Wars

Samba

Fifa 08

Sim City Creator

But after all, these aren't Nintendo games. Nor are they Gears of War. How silly of me.

Exactly, D_Prodigy, if that's a good game in the genre and i hated it, then what's gonna happen with a BAD GAME in that genre?

It is beyond me, but i don't wanna try it.

Also, quoting 2x:

I dislike rail shooters.

Many people love rail shooters.

Sorry for being disappointed that a game I was potentially looking forward to is dipping into a genre I'm not a fan of.

Exactly what i was going to say (well, with spelling mistakes and in a less detailed way)

Tiger Woods 09

Mushroom Men

De Blob

Force Unleashed

Clone Wars

Samba

Fifa 08

Sim City Creator

Allow me to add to that list.

Guitar Hero World Tour (practically the same as the other versions)

Rock Band 2

Opoona

Sam & Max Season 1

SPRay

Lego Batman

MySims Kingdom

FaceBreaker K.O. Party

There's gonna be more too, we just need to wait for Nintendo's Q4 list...

Oh dear. I'm sure Hellfire would love to do this, but I think I'll spare you from his wrath and say how bout reading a piece from a smart person who HAS played it?

Yeah well Edge gave it a 6/10. This is why I rarely trust reviews because at the end of the day its just 1 persons opinion so I will judge the game for myself when I eventually play it.

Yeah well Edge gave it a 6/10. This is why I rarely trust reviews because at the end of the day its just 1 persons opinion so I will judge the game for myself when I eventually play it.

That's why I like Gamerankings, it's good to see what average score a game gets from all the review sites, I think that's a reliable yardstick to measure a game by.

They also gave Strong Bad a 4/10. :(

By the way, Metacritic ftw. It has a much better layout and is more accessible than Gamesrankings.

This is actually a really interesting thing. By all means, I can't change what you're looking and not looking forward to, but it's fascinating how even in this day and age, people only look to first party games.

And this isn't a patronising post or anything, and I'm not singling you out, but notice that everyone things "Wii 2008 = Wii Music, Animal Crossing, Disaster".

Tiger Woods 09

Mushroom Men

De Blob

Force Unleashed

Clone Wars

Samba

Fifa 08

Sim City Creator

But after all, these aren't Nintendo games. Nor are they Gears of War. How silly of me.

I did state and 'some good third-party titles'! and you are singling my post out! Sorry if i don't find most of Wii's 2008 catalogue is for me, i do apologise.

I'm so bored of coming on here with my own opinion and being told i'm not allowed to think what i'm thinking. it's stupid..i rather spend time with the people in the real-world and be spoken down too.

IN MY OPINION nothing on Wii this year stands up to the likes of whats on PS3/360. I'm sure even some Nintendo fans would agree with me there...thats all i meant..

I did state and 'some good third-party titles'! and you are singling my post out! Sorry if i don't find most of Wii's 2008 catalogue is for me, i do apologise.

I'm so bored of coming on here with my own opinion and being told i'm not allowed to think what i'm thinking. it's stupid..i rather spend time with the people in the real-world and be spoken down too.

IN MY OPINION nothing on Wii this year stands up to the likes of whats on PS3/360. I'm sure even some Nintendo fans would agree with me there...thats all i meant..

Im with you Owen good buddy. For me the end of year line up is all about the 360/PS3 combo.