NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

They don't compare? :p

I'd so much rather have this it's difficult to express in words. I'm probably in the minority on these boards though - in that I hate Animal Crossing and think it's just inferior to any decent MMO as they give you social interaction and something fun to do (like slaying dragons).

Yeah, i personally think more effort has been put into Animal Crossing..but thats not to say i'm not looking forward to Disaster..just out of the two, i rather have Animal Crossing.

this game will get in my collection on the day it gets here to me the graphics looks good for a game that will have so many events happening in-game its a Survival Action adventure buildings will fall down by earthqoakes tsunamis flooding non stop action i think this is a game that will keep me busy for a while

1) It's in first person, yet you don't see your gun.

2) Like in most lightgun games, one of the guns has infinite ammo.

3) In several screens in a row, the character hasn't moved, even though the enemies have moved miles.

And because IGN seem to think so too:

Alongside those more traditional adventure elements, combat against the SURGE forces switches the game up to an on-rails shooter-style mode, promising more intense action as you use everything from handguns, automatics and shotguns to bring down your assailants. Battle Points earned in combat can be used to upgrade your arsenal throughout the game.

I'm still waiting for the catch. Animal Crossing's been delayed until 2009 in Europe, hasn't it?

And because IGN seem to think so too:

That's not IGN's thinking, it's a press release.

That's not IGN's thinking, it's a press release.

How silly of me to presume IGN did some thinking of their own... My bad :)

I'm still waiting for the catch. Animal Crossing's been delayed until 2009 in Europe, hasn't it?

Exactly what I'm thinking :(

I'm still not sure about this one - I'll wait for impressions before getting excited about it. It almost seems like another Red Steel situation - as soon as the screenshots arrive, everyone says it'll be amazing, just because it's a 'mature' single player adventure with guns, which there are so few of on the Wii.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12272

Confirmed for Europe on October 24th.

A nice surprise. I reckon I'll leave this one for Christmas. I haven't looked at any of the latest batch of screens so its all largely unknown to me. I'll check out some reviews and stuff just to make sure the game doesn't end up being a stinker. We all know that it seems to be a fun and fresh concept, so it should be good fun.

It's been confirmed as October 24th 2008 in Europe then, right?

Nintendo didn't lie when they said they will be releasing games pretty quickly from 'fully' announcing them!

I hope this doesn't mean we won't see Animal Crossing in 08, cause i know how Ninty work. America will get Animal Crossing and we get this probably...not saying thats a bad thing, cause Disaster looks good, it's just..they don't compare really..:)

Yeah, you're right. Disaster seems to be about 35 000 times better.

AC is basically an online version of an N64 game, while Disaster was developed ground up for the Wii.

ON-RAILS? ON-RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIILS???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

GRRRRRRRRR, what the... hell...

Im so mad right now, i can't believe that such a high promissing game turned a shitty lightgun game.

Oh well, less money to spend.

ON-RAILS? ON-RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIILS???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

GRRRRRRRRR, what the... hell...

Im so mad right now, i can't believe that such a high promissing game turned a shitty lightgun game.

Oh well, less money to spend.

Wow dude, ease out. You haven't played it yet, nor have seen previews or even reviews of it, so don't make your mind up yet. This is Nintendo, so having an open mind is kind of a prerequisite for anticipating first/second party games.

It's not on rails is it? Your not told where to move etc..like Ghost Squad are you, i'm sure only sections of it are on rails Maase.

Hum... even that will bore me, but i guess its better than having just On Rails scenes.

Wow dude, ease out. You haven't played it yet, nor have seen previews or even reviews of it, so don't make your mind up yet. This is Nintendo, so having an open mind is kind of a prerequisite for anticipating first/second party games.

NO...

443822600_41e8ec1e9d.jpg

THIS IS MONOLITH!!!!

Hum... even that will bore me, but i guess its better than having just On Rails scenes.

NO...

THIS IS MONOLITH!!!!

Who are now owned by Nintendo.

Who are now owned by Nintendo.

So was the team behind Doshin:heh:

I sure hope it's not on rails.

So was the team behind Doshin:heh:

I sure hope it's not on rails.

The shooting sections of it are.

neogaf have found out the new screenshots are old and photoshopped.

The first ingame picture was released 22.2. 2007 and the same picture is again in this new media blowout

Here for example.

And there are also others which were released in the summer of 2007

I almost think that all of those "new" pics are from old builds.

and this is interesting

Downloaded one file, and as it's a PSD (all these screens are), uhm, they had a colour adjustment layer to make it all grey. Below is the image with it on, and with it off. All I have changed is the layer being on/off. Layer name was Japanese, and is tagged as the EU version of the game, where the 70ish or whatever screens were tagged for the Japanese version (different regions = different listings on the assets site).

Image1.png

Basically, don't photoshop the screens and let me turn off the adjustment layer. Cheers Ninty.

TBF I've never played Doshin seeing as it never came out in North America. Plus I think that was before Nintendo's development teams were completely re-constructed.

What Dante said.

Holy crap. Lazy assed bastards. Well, let's hope that the game's visuals have been improved upon since.

Holy crap. Lazy assed bastards. Well, let's hope that the game's visuals have been improved upon since.

NoE just panicked after finding out that the game is coming out in october and just threw every bit of media they had on it.

That the screenshots are old it's obvious, lots of them were released before.

Not only am I not convinced by the screens (especially that awful fire) but for a game that's being released so soon ther's a disappointing lack of previews and play tests. Which suggests to me it's going to be a mess, nothing worth showing off = nothing worth playing.

Not only am I not convinced by the screens (especially that awful fire) but for a game that's being released so soon ther's a disappointing lack of previews and play tests. Which suggests to me it's going to be a mess, nothing worth showing off = nothing worth playing.

WarioLandShake.jpg