NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Then its never going to get released.

£1 bet that the day it is released there will be a simultaneous Earthquake in the USA, landslide in Africa, Hurricane in Europe, Tornado in Asia and Tsunami in Oceania?

Now THAT is what I call viral marketing.

Recent reports are actually stating that it may have been delayed due to the whole disaster situation in China :( Makes sense.

Yeah, it was the right thing to do, to be fair! :smile:

Holding thumbs for it getting released this year or early next...

Hope they've used these months for extra polish.

They have spent too much money to cancel it now. Wetherer its good or bad.

The M rating "could" explain the lack of screenshots from Nintendo.

It should mean a release around the same time or before if that's an Australlian rating.

Looking at why its rated "M" in australia, It looks like its only going to get a "T" rating from the ESRB.

Maybe because Australians are too jumpy towards disasters? I don't know, its possible :P

Revealed at E3 2006 together with many high-profile titles made by Nintendo, Disaster: Day of Crisis was originally planned for a release in 2007. Due to quality issues and a full schedule with games like Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 it was delayed until early 2008. While already sitting on releaselists with a determined July releasedate it was delayed because of on-going quality issues.

Now Disaster: Day of Crisis, developed by the makers of Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga, will finally see a release. Just recently the game got its finishing touches in order to submit a copy to the Australian OFCL (the finished game is needed for their rating). As of today, the game will be released on October 24th in Europe. Let's hope it will slip again out of our field of vision with Animal Crossing in November and Wii Music in December.

An official confirmation will follow soon - together with European release dates for DS games like Professor Layton, Mystery Case Files: Million Heir and Rhythm Heaven.

NeoGaf

Let's hope it will slip again out of our field of vision with Animal Crossing in November and Wii Music in December.

I hope they forgot a "not" somewhere in that sentence.... :heh:

Will it be true? Really? Two months from now? I doubt it, let's hope im wrong though.

For a game due out in 2 months, i find it odd that there's only been a smattering of screen shots to make it into the public domain - and I certainly don't recall any videos other than the CGI one from when it was announced.

Has anybody from the press even played this game yet?

If it doesn't come out, then why did Nintendo feel the need to buy Monolith when they could have just signed a deal to make them a second part dev for a bit.

There are too many questions surrounding this, and I for one wouldn't mind some answers if it's to maintain my interest.

There are too many questions surrounding this, and I for one wouldn't mind some answers if it's to maintain my interest.

Interest? Good god man, I can hardly sleep at night with these questions left unanswered!

For a game due out in 2 months, i find it odd that there's only been a smattering of screen shots to make it into the public domain - and I certainly don't recall any videos other than the CGI one from when it was announced.

Nintendo did it with Rainbow Captain and WarioLand Shake It.

jtwh7t.jpg

Nintendo did it with Rainbow Captain and WarioLand Shake It.

But those 2 games were never touted as core gamer titles designed to get people in at the door. It was announced and then virtually nothing for two years. I suspect there are more articles on the web about it's release date than the game itself. It was put forth as an edgier, new IP that should have been representative of the titles in store for Wii (in a not so different manner to Project HAMMER and look what happened to that)

RC screams niche and I'd be amazed if it left japan. I suspect the audience it's going for are more of the impulse buyers looking for something quirky and those kind of games can be spoilt by revealing too much anyway. And as for Warioland, it may be getting ok reviews, but I still can't help but think schedule filler.

The Monolith purchase was a waste. Western gamers don't even know what they're capable of on the Wii and DS. Nintendo should invest in some British/European studios for a change...

The Monolith purchase was a waste.

You meant wasn't a waste, right?

Nintendo should invest in some British/European studios for a change...

You mean for Nintendo to buy back Rare and rebuild them, right?

Right?!

:heh:

Right?!

Nintendo need to purchase Zoonami and Free Radical, thats where the Rare Talent is. They also should fund some projects from The Yakman, Jeff Minter.

And honest to God, why they never snapped up Little Big Planet is madness.

The Monolith purchase was a waste. Western gamers don't even know what they're capable of on the Wii and DS. Nintendo should invest in some British/European studios for a change...

Nintendo wanted to buy Dice way before the release of Battlefield 1942, but the Dice boss didn't want that for some reason. I know so, because I know the guy whom went to America to speak to potential investors/publishers.

Nintendo wanted to buy Dice way before the release of Battlefield 1942, but the Dice boss didn't want that for some reason. I know so, because I know the guy whom went to America to speak to potential investors/publishers.

Mannn Battalion Wars by the DiCE team would have kicked serious ass. What a shame, if thats true.

You meant wasn't a waste, right?

Right?!

No, it's a waste. They've got one Wii project going which we first saw in 2006 and haven't really seen anything of since; there's also Soma Bringer which got decent reviews but most likely won't be translated by NoA/E.

On their own they managed about 6 titles in 5 years, including Baten Kaitos. Now with the funding and support of one of the largest video game publishers in the market, it seems like they're doing nothing. The last time we saw Disaster, it didn't exactly look wonderful, anyway.

Nintendo need to purchase Zoonami and Free Radical, thats where the Rare Talent is. They also should fund some projects from The Yakman, Jeff Minter.

And honest to God, why they never snapped up Little Big Planet is madness.

Zoonami have a Sudoku game to their name, alongside several cancelled projects. Free Radical I agree with.

So, you're saying Disaster will probably turn out bad because we saw bad screens of an early build 2 years ago?

You're putting words in my mouth, I said it didn't look spectacular, and that's based on screens we saw late last year. They have hardly anything to show for the work that they've been doing.