N-Europe

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

Charlie

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is real-time obviously. Just look the hair and jacket.

Yep, real-time in-game graphics. The clouds prove that, too.

It'll be nice to see another image of the guy....that angle make him look 20cm tall, and very fat.

edit:

Full Scan - Just the picture and lots of text (In Japanese)

The original Doom can still be tense despite it's pixelated enemies. Thief is still dripping with atmosphere despite its '90s textures. Tetris is still addictive in monochrome. Super Mario Bros. is still fun in its two dimensions.

Graphics definitely enhance a playing experience, I don't think anyone would argue against that. However, I feel that the fact that some of the world's best games happened to have excellent graphics is more a byproduct of their quality development than the reason behind their underlying excellence.

Totally agree with yet another excellent post by Aimless.

Occasionally you come across a game where it really feels like the developers/designers have a genuine love for the game they are creating and they want to make it as good as it can be. I reckon when the teams start to feel that the game is going to become something rather special, there's a buzz that's generated and every department involved in the project shifts up a gear.

Looks like a little kid with flying powers?

It seems that agnsty teens weren't enough for Final Fantasy and now ten-year olds are going to be saving the world. :heh:

PS: Those clouds look a bit ugly, sorry to be picky...

What's so great about that picture!? It's just a standard character model with some fancy image manipulation effect that shouldn't be hard to pull off...

I mean come on, look at what he's flying over... I can't tell whether it's sea, land or more clouds as it's just one texture.

Well I think it's exciting for a number of reasons, all of them artistical.

I loved the FF9 style of Crystal Chronicles for the Cube, but I'm still excited by the change in style here. Especially since it's moving towards something with more "weight" to it in terms of what they might do with the story. I think everyone felt that FFCC for GC was more of a spinoff and side project than a proper standalone game with a moving storyline, and I think the character design illustrates a desire to step away from that mentality with this one.

If Crystal Chronicles (which remains solidly Nintendo-centric as a *franchise*) does embrace an increase in character and story development, who's to say we aren't looking at a new IP as strong as Kingdom Hearts here?

Aside from all that, I think it looks rather spiffy tech wise too. Wobblyness and hair especially promise further goodness once backgrounds consist of less... undefined environments.

2 new pictures of crystal bearers look at that airship :bowdown::o its looking more like an real final fantasy and not like the crystal chronicles. I still can figure out why they call it Final fantasy crystal chronicles: The crystal bearers, because Final fantasy: the crystal bearers sounds allot better.

FFCCCB_2nd_pic.jpg

There's a big difference between the clip we say and the pictures now.Looks a lot better.Wonder since the hero starts off "extremely powerfull",why was he weilding cards from E3 last year?

Looks like they changed a lot,no wonder this wasn't a launch title (Just to clear up Square said it would last year)

I hope they're taking their time and adding wi-fi.