Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Hardware Discussion

Ashley

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that there are already xbox360s for €300. Do you think that Wii is comming a bit late, if priced at €200?

We all know most people buys games for how they look, and not how they play.

that is changing, how else do you explain the success of the DS over the PSP? it's just that people were never really given an alternative before. the Wii will follow the path the DS has trailblazed so far.

Guest Stefkov
We never got an official confirmation that the Wiimote will atach to the back of the classic controler, now did we?:wtf:

well, i remember watching a video where some guy was playing sonic on the VC, and he was told by one of the helper that you can move the wiimote forward and backward so that it can zoom in on the screen. Now ever since i reeboed my pc idont have the video anymore, which is a bummer.

i dont even think that is relevant to your question, was it?

jeez those pics of the wii make it look like a hamster.

I'm sorry but this looks so amzingly cool, i think ill get it just to run around my house and pay with it

11.jpg

well, i remember watching a video where some guy was playing sonic on the VC, and he was told by one of the helper that you can move the wiimote forward and backward so that it can zoom in on the screen.

There ya go, its no big difference on the TV their using so this makes me wonder if we will get virtual console games full screen.

We never got an official confirmation that the Wiimote will atach to the back of the classic controler, now did we?:wtf:

no we didn't, it's linked by a cable, so the wii-mote will basically sit on ur lap or the floor while you use the classic controller.

i like the way nintendo have done this, means a lot of peripherals can come out without them being too expensive, as all the wireless guff will be in the wiimote instead.

^Wow, those ads completely contrast with the size of the consoles.

no we didn't, it's linked by a cable, so the wii-mote will basically sit on ur lap or the floor while you use the classic controller.

i like the way nintendo have done this, means a lot of peripherals can come out without them being too expensive, as all the wireless guff will be in the wiimote instead.

No no no, nintendo can make it even cheaper if the Wiimote ataches to the back of the classic controler, you can have rumble without the need of adding a rotor to the classic controler, making it cheaper to produce and cheaper to buy. And i'm pretty sure the classic controler will make use of the rumble features when you play N64 VC games or Wii games that use the classic controler.

true, never thought of it that way...

those sliders on the back, what do you think they are for then...?

and that ad is brilliant, except that for anyone who doesn't know anything at all about Wii it doesn't actually SAY anything about the controller having motion sensors etc.

I think it looks too wide to be a USB. definitely looks thick enough to fit in that:

hges6.jpg

Yeah I think you're right. Seemed odd to me that they would use USB for it.

There's a new Video up at JuexVideo of someone playing Monkey ball, but the camera shows them useing the remote rather then the game:

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-video-24339.html

Second video is half Monekyball Footage and haalf people useing the remote: http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-video-24337.html

Guest Stefkov

I saw that and Lol'd at it. ZOMG the wii is a massive SD card!

I'd ove for a House of the dead, or Time Crisis to come to the Wii, the controller, added with the zapper add-on thing, would make it perfect.

Add more visuals, or add more involving stories and you got a great arcade machine/games machine at home

Yeah I think you need a router or Wi-Fi connector to be online out of the box. Just remembered the Opera browser feature on the Wii!

That rules me being online with the Wii then unless I happen to get a Wireless router sometime soon.

It wouldnt of been hard for them to have that adapter built in.