NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

That means we are buying 2 N64 games for £14. TBH, i think that is a bit steep, so i might be picky with my N64 games, and get the ones i want the most, not to get just to have in my possesion.

However i like the pricing of NES and SNES games.

I think £7 for an N64 game is a very good price actually, I thought they would be about £10.

This has probably been asked before but I need to know just incase I needlessly spend £30:

Will the Wii work with any SD card?

Isn't the controller ridicilously expensive? 60 euros for Red Steel and another 60 euros to be able to play it with two players? What a ripoff is that?

Will the Wii work with any SD card?

With any standard SD card. Cards that store more than 2 GB's worth of stuff aren't standard, so keep that in mind.

Isn't the controller ridicilously expensive?

Seriously, we don't even know how expensive controller is to produce. I mean, it is quite complex technology and probably most expensive invidual component on whole package. So I can't really say if it is "rip-off". Of course, it is also quite clear that all three are pumping accessory prices up now as lucrative memory card business has ended.

Do we know if we're able to play VC games with the GC controller instead of buying the classic controller?

Do we know if we're able to play VC games with the GC controller instead of buying the classic controller?

I don't honestly believe that is possible, because Gamecube controller would be running out of buttons on some games (you don't have select button, for example).

That means we are buying 2 N64 games for £14. TBH, i think that is a bit steep, so i might be picky with my N64 games, and get the ones i want the most, not to get just to have in my possesion.

However i like the pricing of NES and SNES games.

Think about it:

NES: Super Mario Bros (GBA) = £19.99

SNES: Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA) = £29.99

N64: Super Mario Bros 64 (DS) = £29.99

VC:

NES = £3.50

SNES = £5.00

N64 = £7.00

Rip-off!!!! :indeed:

I don't honestly believe that is possible, because Gamecube controller would be running out of buttons on some games (you don't have select button, for example).

but overall its got more buttons, so should be able to map ok. I think nintendo would encourage people to play VC. That classical controller aint going to make much profit for them

They could just use the Cubes Z button to replace Select. I can't think of many Snes or NES games that did anything with Select other then Zelda link to the past.

Think about it:

NES: Super Mario Bros (GBA) = £19.99

SNES: Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA) = £29.99

N64: Super Mario Bros 64 (DS) = £29.99

VC:

NES = £3.50

SNES = £5.00

N64 = £7.00

Rip-off!!!! :indeed:

now that you've done that comparison, i see it now.

I forgot to look at it in this way.

£7 for Snowboard kids is alright.

Seriously, we don't even know how expensive controller is to produce. I mean, it is quite complex technology and probably most expensive invidual component on whole package. So I can't really say if it is "rip-off". Of course, it is also quite clear that all three are pumping accessory prices up now as lucrative memory card business has ended.

I understand the Wiimote is $40, but why that ripoff for the nunchuck? $20 for a stick and two buttons... Even the motion sensor, which didn't drive up the cost of GBA cartridges either, can't justify that.

Im very happy with the VC prices, but due to my lack of wireless internet, I doubt I will be able to use this.

I understand the Wiimote is $40, but why that ripoff for the nunchuck? $20 for a stick and two buttons...

Let see.... First of all, stick has also gyroscope. Even as mass produced it does cost around 2-5 dollars per unit, especially as nunchuk's gyroscope is miniaturized. Then there are some basic things that always ramp up prices no matter how simple actual product is.

1) Salaries. Well, no matter how automatic assembly lines are, you still need staff. And staff's salaries are directly calculated to final price.

2) Transporation. Transporting stuff overseas is expensive. After that, you must also pay to distribute your products to retail outlets around the country. Current oil prices and unfavorable exchange rates also ramp transportation up.

3) Material. Well, like Nintendo itself said, Wii's plastic is better class plastic with coating. More expensive. Once again oil ramps prices up.

4) Warehousing. You need have space where to store your products. You also need to notice situation where products don't sell. In those cases, they are just lying around warehouse, taking space and actually costing you money. Risk of this is also calculated to price.

5) R&D. Nintendo did spent over 400 million dollars for Wii's R&D last year. You can imagine that these expenses aren't quickly covered. Naturally R&D costs are added into controller's price.

6) Profit margin. After all aformentioned crap, it would be really nice to actually see some profit from each sold product.

Once downloaded through the Wii internet connection, the Opera Web Browser will be saved on the machine’s Flash Memory, effectively allowing Wii owners to browse the web in seconds.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6507&cm_sp=wii-_-nextbtn-_-online

From the GAME website. Sorry if this has already been said, but I think this means we will either have to pay to download it or get it for free.

I actually read compliments in other forums concerning the price of the controllers, saying they were expecting $40 more like per nunchuck, and thought it was actually a good price.

Sure, they are expensive for our wallets, but it seems like they are expensive to manufacture aswell.

Perry Kaplan actually said (casually) that they were breaking even from their systems, and soon they'll be making a profit, but... breaking even means that's the cost we're paying is their cost aswell.

The Wii sports game bundled is probably not there to cash out 250€ over 200€ but probably to justify the price since going into $200 would be with loss. (might be wrong though; and $200 is not 200€)

I'm more worried if they are going to drop the price afterwards, with mass production and the componentes getting cheaper, though. And I wish they were cheaper, but I understand when a company doesn't pursue loosing money in a business.

Just to bring this up if it hasnt, what happened to all of those websites Nintendo registered ages ago, which loasd of spculation was about.

Like wiibreeding.com or something.

So i wonder what they all lead to now?

I kinda like the price of the nuchuk, £14 isnt it. well you getting quality i think. I mean i payed £40 for my wavebird. (i know steep, but what do you expect from Dixons/Currys back 2 years ago), and its still going strong today, the battery life on 2 AA's are great, I can't remember when i last changed them.

I aint arsed about the prices im paying really. I'm earning for it, and in the end I will be happy.

I kinda like the price of the nuchuk, £14 isnt it. well you getting quality i think. I mean i payed £40 for my wavebird. (

Yes but that was £40 for a complete controller. A Wiimote AND nunchuck will set you back £45! Hardly for casual gamers....

Nice vid, but I didn't see a Ethernet port, which is a little disapointing, as my home network is wired.

Yes but that was £40 for a complete controller. A Wiimote AND nunchuck will set you back £45! Hardly for casual gamers....

Say it once, say it a million times...

From Play.com, you can get the Wiimote for £25 and the Nunchuck for £13.

That adds up to £38. I say that's a good deal, going on from what someone (sorry who ever it was) said about how much money is needed to make them, and the amount of tech going into it.

Im very happy with the VC prices, but due to my lack of wireless internet, I doubt I will be able to use this.

Nice vid, but I didn't see a Ethernet port, which is a little disapointing, as my home network is wired.

I'm sure nintendo mentioend they were releasibng a USB to ethernet Adaptor.

I'm bno sure on this though, as it was somone on here that told me.

However you can get these cheap from one shop, i bought one for £10.

However one problem i have is, there are only 2 USB ports. I dont like the fact one will be being used but this all the time. :(

They should have an offer on the controllers whne you buy them both together, say you get the Wiimote and nunchuck for £39.99... that would be a more appealing price

Say it once, say it a million times...

From Play.com, you can get the Wiimote for £25 and the Nunchuck for £13.

That adds up to £38. I say that's a good deal, going on from what someone (sorry who ever it was) said about how much money is needed to make them, and the amount of tech going into it.

£38.... there we go then... thats fine with me