NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Smash Bros will be out in March, and be online when it is released.

Source?

All i heard was 2007, from the Smash Bros Dojo

Additional Comments:

I'm sorry to say that I have to temporarily stop updating this website as of June, 2006.

When Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completed sometime in 2007, I plan to post more information for you. For right now, though, I need to focus on the development of the actual game.

Of course, if anything newsworthy comes up, I may decide to post some special notices...

Meanwhile, though, I'll just do my best to complete the game.

Masahiro Sakurai

I mean hey, March is a good date. In Nintendo's view, it would be released at the same time period as the PS3 and REALLY cause a stir...

I don't think Smash Bros. of all the Nintendo franchise could compete against the PS3 launch in Europe.

No what I mean is did they basically say (but not in these words);

"Smash Brothers will launch on December 8th, and be online."

or

"Smash Brothers will be online when it launches" ?

Yes.

Gamespot: "the crowd went berserk when Iwata said that an online version of Super Smash Bros. would be available at launch."

I don't think Smash Bros. of all the Nintendo franchise could compete against the PS3 launch in Europe.

with online, yes it will

Originally Posted by Dilli Gee

I don't think Smash Bros. of all the Nintendo franchise could compete against the PS3 launch in Europe

with online, yes it will

Yes it will indeed, most console purchasers are "Povo" and have limited funds thus complaining about the price of the Wii that isn't even that bad, for many this game is the sole reason their getting a Wii, online Wifi capabilities reinforces their intentions of getting a Wii console.

I still think MGS4 would come out on top.

MSG4 will sell alot.

BUT we're not comparing SSBB with MSG4, you said that SSBB could not compete with PS3 in Europe.

SEE its right here

I think the best thing for people to do is just ignore Dilli Gee's posts and he may well go away.

I think the best thing for people to do is just ignore Dilli Gee's posts and he may well go away.

One can dream.

Ignore who's posts?

SSBM was the best-selling GC game with around 6 million units. That's a lot considering the relatively small GC user base (21 million). If Wii has a successfull launch and SSBB's online play delivers, I can see it become one of the best-selling games of all time.

Great! That zoom button makes text so much more readible, that's brilliant. This is so much much better than the DS Opera.

Yup looking good and since it's gonna be free for us good folks getting the wii early you cant knock it! : peace:

Too bad they dont show how you type in text and numbers.

USB ports anyone?

Surely Nintendo will make use of this?

(heh, or a 3rd party manufacturer will!!!)

Not sure if this has already been asked and answered here but, does the Wii come with that little stand or is it brought separately?

Not sure if this has already been asked and answered here but, does the Wii come with that little stand or is it brought separately?

it comes with stand

Source

Miyamoto has been talking.

- I was surprised that a speaker was added to the Wii remote. What was the concept behind that?

Miyamoto:

We've been creating a lot games with voice recognition so we debated for a long time whether to attach a mic or, a speaker that produces sounds in accordance with the game onto the controller. Doing either however, would make the controller too extravagant. After all, we were trying to simplify it (Laughs). However, amongst many of the suggestions we had, someone said that it was important for the controller to have some kind of feedback from our actions in games since we were going to be playing them wirelessly. So far, a rumble feature has been added to controllers but that itself isn't enough so we decided to leave the controller with a speaker. Now, if we created something that could be played allowing 4 players to sit around one Wii remote… (Looks troubled) Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

- Tell us now! (Laughs)

Miyamoto:

(Laughs). All I'll say is the Wii remote will be used when it's someone's turn to "fish". That should be interesting enough.

- It sounds like playing a game where you're passing around a bomb.

Miyamoto:

Apart from that, there will be four player games where a certain amount of information is secretly whispered to someone. During such times, it'll be interesting to have the speaker built-in. If we didn't think of approaching games this way, we would have added in a mic instead (Laughs).Everyone will think the holes on the controller is a mic if we just showed them a photo so we thought we would reveal what it was instead of trying to conceal it. Well, we've actually been keeping quiet about it until this year's E3 (Laughs).

Make of it what you will.

I've always kind of thought the same thing. It's like buying a car where the dealership gives you a piece of pavement. You don't really need it, and you won't use it, but they're giving it to you all the same.

Morning news :D

Epyx announced Commodore 64 will be added to Wii's Virtual Console, the first batch of Commodore 64 titles for Wii will be Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Winter Games, Summer Games 1 & 2, Pitstop and Jumpman Junior.

the-magicbox

Wikipedia reference-linkCommodore 64 :bowdown: