NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Jesus.....I've been playing my Wii the best part of the last 2 days (with it on Wii Connect 24 mode when I haven't), and it's quite cool, I can feel slight heat coming of it, but it is very slight.

It's quiet, too (well, I can't hear it over my laptop's fan, anyway). How did they get everything, shove it in that tiny box, and keep it both cool and quiet. Only possible thing is Nintendo enslave magic pixies...

Its nuclear. Or at least the instructions tell you to keep at least 20cm's away because of radiation.

I just sold a Wii compoent cable (mad catz) for £78

and the poor bastard had paid, I only paid £15 for it

:shakehead

Some people are really too stupid! I could understand if it was a super enhanced cable which made all games run at 1080P by some form of magic... but £78 for a component cable? Some people!

DEAL OF THE CENTURY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110064905274&rd=1&rd=1

this one of the best SD card you can get, and its at a awesome Price of £32.99 (inc P&P) RRP £50 - 60, it much more effective then the "gaming" wii card, which realistically is a standard generic sandisk sd card painted white, however the Sandisk EXTREME 3 2gb has a read and write speed of 20mb per second awesome

all features explained here

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1973)-SDSDX3-2048-SanDisk_Extreme_III_SD_2GB.aspx

do not miss out on this awesome deal

I use one on my Camera, there awsome.

Well when i say camera, its now has a home in my Wii.

I could have done that, but in the words of the person i sent it to for cost:

"You could have done that, but you're not a ****."

That's better than selling drugs!!!

That card is really cheap! But I already have 3 SD cards.

I have turned off the rumble on my controller. the remote is at 2 bars now. I don't actually miss the rumble at all.

You only need an sd card if you ever want to download anything off the vc, which at the mo I don't

I found my SD card last night, from my camera. Only a 512 but it's plenty for now. I was just doodling over a load of imags I'd put on it, and listened to Cars, by Gary Numan, in the background.

Trim you nails geeks.

Why? Because the premium price you pay for a Wiimote didn't ensure that Nintendo went to every effort to make sure it lasts.

They've used laminated buttons with silk screened lettering, if you use Wii a lot the laminate will rub off, then the lettering will flake off the buttons.

Which buttons are effected? Thankfully only the lower lesser used Wiimote buttons, 1, 2, +, - and home. The d-pad seems to have some kind of matte finish on it.

It's not a big deal for most people but I like my products to last a while.. my iBook keyboard is half missing now.

You only need an sd card if you ever want to download anything off the vc, which at the mo I don't

but when u do you, u would have missed out a awesome deal

Not really, if you search you can find a graph proving that prices of flash memory have steadily decreased over the past 10 years.

So holding out, is far from missing out.

Read write speeds are irrelevant as the bus and the connection cannot supply data that fast.

I reallyl ike the flashing slot. It doesn't bug me that its on all the time. I like that. It doesnt distract me.

But I just came up from dinner and it started to flash. Really cool :D

I checked and rohed had sent me a nice picture of Cartman looking evil yet kind. :heh:

Might get a 2GB SanDisk Wii-SD card from work, about £18 with discount.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's seen this, for sale on Amazon (among other sites). I can't post links yet, but just search for "Joytech power station" on Amazon and it'll come up.

It's a rechargeable batterry pack/charger for the Wii-mote - does anyone have any experience of using this? If so, what do you think of it? How long does it last between charges, and will it take regular recharges without losing battery life? Thanks for any advice, as I'm very tempted to get one of these!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's seen this, for sale on Amazon (among other sites). I can't post links yet, but just search for "Joytech power station" on Amazon and it'll come up.

It's a rechargeable batterry pack/charger for the Wii-mote - does anyone have any experience of using this? If so, what do you think of it? How long does it last between charges, and will it take regular recharges without losing battery life? Thanks for any advice, as I'm very tempted to get one of these!

it ain't out yet

I read somewhere (IGN I think) that when you do the Wii updates you get a new boot-up screen. I don't have this. My Wii just goes straight to the cack Health and Safety message. I presume this is the same for everyone... what happened to the boot up screen? Was it part of the bricked Wii problem and therefore was it removed again? Just curious if anyone knows.... quite strange that Wii doesn't have a nice little boot up sequence....

I was just playing on mine before and I went to the message board by clikcing that Wii button, when i clicked back to go to the channels, it took a couple of seconds to go back? wierd.

I was just playing on mine before and I went to the message board by clikcing that Wii button, when i clicked back to go to the channels, it took a couple of seconds to go back? wierd.

Sometimes there's a bit of slowdown, it's normal.

Sometimes there's a bit of slowdown, it's normal.

I was playing it just before and its fine, im glad its normal and not reccurant or just on my console :D

I love how you can eject discss while the console is off. Then when you insert one, the Wii turns on. Awesome