NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Morning news :D

Epyx announced Commodore 64 will be added to Wii's Virtual Console, the first batch of Commodore 64 titles for Wii will be Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Winter Games, Summer Games 1 & 2, Pitstop and Jumpman Junior.

the-magicbox

Wikipedia reference-linkCommodore 64 :bowdown:

If that's true... then VC is just getting better and better!!!!

Please can we have Jet Set Willy!!!

Now we Just need the AMIGA library to be added!!

N-Sider's reporter did hear rumours about adding Commodore 64 & Amiga 500 games when he was on NOE's conference.

I was going to create a new thread but I figured this was a more appropriate place for my question:

The Sensor Bar - does it matter how far away from the television it is? Also, does it matter if the bar is not on the same level as where the Wiimote is.

Ie. My television is placed up quite high in my garage (it's a pimped out garage not just tools and the like) and I would like to play sitting on one of the couches. Could I either lower the bar to be level with where the Wiimote will be or will it pick up the Wiimote even if it is up where the TV is?

I suppose it doesn't really matter, you'll just have to point to the sensor bar instead of the TV.

I was thinking there might be a calibration ie. point the Wiimote at the centre of the screen and press A and then it can tell from that where you're aiming no matter where the sensor bar is placed.

I believe you can have the sensor bar anywhere but you will have to point that direction rather than at your TV.

thos images look cool.

However the first pipc baffles me, ever since i saw the otehr pictures. It seems wierdly layed out. So each game you download will have its own block? What about that 42 thing someone said? It boggles my mind.

Sorry if these have already been posted:

Official Wii Console Bag - £29.99 from Gameplay.

wiiconsolebagsmallte7.gif

* High quality satchel style messenger bag

* Holds the console, controllers, power adaptors and a selection games and other accessories.

* Fully padded case for maximum protection

* 2 side storage pockets for mobile phone, MP3 & iPod etc

* Internal mesh pockets for extra storage

* Shoulder strap and carry handle

Official Wii Game and Accessory Case - £14.99 from Gameplay.

wiigameandaccessorycasesmalltb6.gif

* Fully padded case for maximum protection

* Holds up to 8 Wii games

* Front Zippered pocket for extra storage

* Mesh pockets for extra storage

* Carabiner Clip for secure attachment to bag or clothing

* Loop carrying handle

In terms of VC games appearing on the channel menu I imagine it will display shortcuts to perhaps your 4 most recently played titles. The full list you have bought can probably be accessed from a specific channel.

Thin launch lineup: Nintendo announced more than 40 first- and third-party titles due out by March 31st, but it was not specific about exactly how many titles would be out at launch. If it's games you want, you're better off with an Xbox 360.

Does this guy have any idea of the line-up?

I think we can all agree it had a good one.I guess around 20 doesn't really count...

Boy, do my arms hurt: Whether "casting" a fishing rod to catch virtual bass in Zelda or tossing a bowling ball in Wii Sports, I nearly dislocated my shoulder using the wireless controller. Shoulder pain may be the gamers' new carpal tunnel syndrome as far as Wii's motion-based gameplay is concerned.

I wonder if he flung his arms about like a kid running towards the ice-cream van.

The guys an idiot,just like a lot of other reporters,he knows bugger all.

Does this guy have any idea of the line-up?

I think we can all agree it had a good one.I guess around 20 doesn't really count...

I wonder if he flung his arms about like a kid running towards the ice-cream van.

The guys an idiot,just like a lot of other reporters,he knows bugger all.

Precisely, he's just stupid.

X360 didn't come out with a line-up of 40 games... since he's going on with that why not recomending PS2 instead of X360? after all it has a bigger catalog, it's been out for 6 years.

He is complaining about no HD too, but still pondering if the console supports 720p officially, lol, he's doing a article for a search engine and he doesn't know how to use it?

Also:

Posted by adonze40 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:05PM

The wii would be a good choice if i were say 10 years old. unfortunately im 25, so i will be shelling out the cash for the ps3. i already have 360 and absolutely love it, but the ps3 is worth it just for the blu-ray player alone not to mention some of the great games that are only on PS3. i play video games in my ltille spare time to relax, the last thing i want to do is work up a sweat playing a game that i have to flail my arms around like an bad at. sorry nintendo, but you have been dead since the release of nintendo 64.

it's on the same page in the comments...

Ohhh I'm so adult! what an asshole. :red:

It's a sad fact that this one guy will deter many naive people from buying the Wii.

Ahwell... I think the pre-orders say it all really... Wii's been slagged off worse than that and people are still buying it, let the fucktard at Yahoo have his article.

Ahwell... I think the pre-orders say it all really... Wii's been slagged off worse than that and people are still buying it, let the fucktard at Yahoo have his article.
yeah, let's start with the fact that these stupid journalists did nothing for DS's sucess.

It still happened though, and it depends on how agressive Nintendo is. (and other factors)