N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike: Final Smash

Great Aether

It’s Ike’s Final Smash, Great Aether. As the name suggests, it’s a more powerful version of Aether.

ike_071112a-l.jpg

First things first: get the Smash Ball!

ike_071112b-l.jpg

Do a standard special move to swing your blazing sword!

ike_071112c-l.jpg

Great!

ike_071112d-l.jpg

AETHER!

ike_071112e-l.jpg

Then he just plummets.

ike_071112f-l.jpg

At the moment of impact, your foes are launched!

That feels gooood... It’s exciting and exhilarating.

But, you do have to make sure you hit with the Final Smash. Its range of impact is pretty large, so you just have to get the right timing.

ike_071112g-l.jpg

Try to lift up multiple enemies!

In multiplayer brawls, you can move freely as long as you aren’t the one who’s suffering the Final Smash.

Ike is invincible during his Final Smash, so you can’t really meddle with him. But as for the people he’s finishing off...?

ike_071112h-l.jpg

Maybe you could add to their woes. Could this be a plan?

[/Quote]

Not a special update, it looks like they're trying to get the E4All stuff done ASAP. However I've heard that the Japanese 150th update could be tomorrow as the US site got an extra notice about the delay. I'm not really expecting something special anyway.

Three Different Taunts

If you want to show your opponent a little flair, you can do moves unrelated to battle – it’s called taunting. You do it with the +Control Pad, except when using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

This time, you can do one of three different taunts, depending on the direction you press the +Control Pad!

technique07_071113a.jpg

Up taunt: He twirls his sword twice and sheaths it.

technique07_071113b.jpg

Side taunt: Oh. A fairy.

technique07_071113c.jpg

Down taunt: Is this his mysterious pose from the Nintendo 64 version?!

There are a variety of patterns for you to enjoy.

technique07_071113d.jpg

He takes off his hat and spins around whimsically.

technique07_071113e.jpg

She curls herself in some sort of new stretch.

technique07_071113f.jpg

He gives a shout on the spot.

technique07_071113g.jpg

He gives a three-fingered "W" salute.

technique07_071113h.jpg

He thrusts his sword in the ground and crosses his arms.

technique07_071113i.jpg

He spins his feet and says "Too slow..."

technique07_071113j.jpg

With Wii Remote + Nunchuk control, taunts are handled with the 1 Button (up taunt), the 2 Button (down taunt) and the 1 and 2 Buttons simultaneously (side taunt).

technique07_071113k.jpg

Oh, and a short message can be assigned to each taunt direction.

----------------------------------------------------------

So, Snake's box secret is finally revealed.

Anyway, cool update. Nice to see so many taunts.

And the last pic is hilarious by itself.:laughing:

I was right about the different taunts! :yay:

Though I wonder how they are done with the Wiimote only?

I'd expect that taunts aren't doable on the Wiimote, since they are non-essential. Unless theres some button that isn't used that I haven't thought of, I doubt it can be mapped on. Which will be weird for Kirby users, since you'll be unable to release the B Power you've absorbed.

Handicap

Be kind to beginners! If all you do in brawls is beat up people who don’t know left from right, they’ll never understand the rules of the game, right?

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

But, I began to think that there isn’t much thrill in just making yourself weaker, so I changed the system.

various12_071114a-l.jpg

First, find the Handicap option on the Rules screen.

various12_071114b-l.jpg

Then you’ll see something new.

various12_071114c-l.jpg

Click-click-click! Ratchet up the handicap.

various12_071114d-l.jpg

You start with your initial damage meter boosted!

various12_071114e-l.jpg

Even when you reappear.

The strength of each character doesn’t change, so then you can show your skills to your opponent!

Also, you can use this not only for handicapping, but also for starting all players at the same damage – it’ll give you matches with a slightly different feel.

Now, I’ve also kept the auto-handicap feature. This gradually increases the starting damage for the winner of the match.

various12_071114f-l.jpg

Choose the Auto setting from the same option.

[/Quote]

Nothing special again, but I like how handicap is implemented this time.

I've never really been on here, I really like Melee and the original Smash but I've never been an obsessive and although I am excited by this game - it's never reached Mario galaxy proportions, or even Zelda and Metroid 3.

HOWEVER, this game seems to have EVERYTHING, I mean my biggest peeve with Nintendo is their lack of options in games but this is just rammed with features and customisation. The point is, does anyone think this game is going to, according to the reviewers, surpass Galaxy and with the odd exception get perfect scores?! It wouldn't surprise me!

I've never really been on here, I really like Melee and the original Smash but I've never been an obsessive and although I am excited by this game - it's never reached Mario galaxy proportions, or even Zelda and Metroid 3.

HOWEVER, this game seems to have EVERYTHING, I mean my biggest peeve with Nintendo is their lack of options in games but this is just rammed with features and customisation. The point is, does anyone think this game is going to, according to the reviewers, surpass Galaxy and with the odd exception get perfect scores?! It wouldn't surprise me!

I don't think it will get perfect scores from reviewers, they'll probably dock points off for the online part. But for me personally this could definitely surpass Mario Galaxy.

This game has always surpassed Galaxy, Metroid and Zelda in my mind. There's just something about the Smash Bros. series that I've loved since I first tried the original game, and Nintendo seems to be doing more to make this game perfect than they have done for any other game before.

Maybe you hold down A and press the taunt direction you want with the Wiimote only?

Well for multiplayer this game is MILES ahead of any other game i can think of. I see galaxy more of a 'incredible' game whereas Brawl to be more of the same (well things have changed but the principles are the same).

I agree, if you've got 4 controllers 3 friends on the sofa, can't have much more fun than smash brothers. *gaming wise anyway:indeed: *