Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought it strange that Final Smashes could only be used once per character per match. You think they could have changed that?

They never said that did they? They just said you could use them once, we didn't know if it was per Smash Ball or per match. It's per Smash Ball otherwise you could never return to Samus when playing as ZSS.

I always thought it strange that Final Smashes could only be used once per character per match. You think they could have changed that?

I was under the impression they where meant to be extremely rare, but they seem to pop up a lot. Unless it's been changed for the demo. I know you can change the appearance rate of items, but I still thought it's be quite uncommon at max.

Is it just me or is the Sonic character model completely different to existing Sonic models?

He looks totally different to the Adventure model/Secret Rings/Olympics models.

He looks snide. Infact Sonic looks awful. There I said it. I'm blown away by the inclusion of Sonic. And if advertised correctly this could be a HUGE benefit to the game (if they go for the whole Sonic Vs Mario tagline). But with that character model I was slightly let down. Still, he's in! He just looks awkward.

Is it just me or is the Sonic character model completely different to existing Sonic models?

He looks totally different to the Adventure model/Secret Rings/Olympics models.

He looks snide. Infact Sonic looks awful. There I said it. I'm blown away by the inclusion of Sonic. And if advertised correctly this could be a HUGE benefit to the game (if they go for the whole Sonic Vs Mario tagline). But with that character model I was slightly let down. Still, he's in! He just looks awkward.

Sonic looks better than other sega games did to him.

Maybe yeah. I liked the "compact" design of him in Sonic Adventure 2.

He just looks HUGE in this. I always thought he was smaller. He stands as bulky as Link in the video.

I personally just think he is perhaps a little too big.

Note the comparisons from the original design...He now looks a little too "human" They've practically tried to shoehorn the Sonic universe into real-life. Bring back Mobius :(

I'd love to see Sonic's stage set in Mobius: Green Hill Zone perhaps, but knowing SEGA it will be set in a boring, generic metropolis.

I see what you mean now - maybe Sonics been on a diet! :heh:

I think he looks fine though - I'm really impressed with how smooth the game is - running at a constant 60 frames per second is really impressive.

This and Mario Galaxy are really showing what the Wii is capable of when pushed.

Hopefully 3rd parties are waking up to pushing the hardware now - its about time!

: peace:

Official boxart:

I hope we get a good one. That's a total waste of the franchise.

1. The images look like some fan attempted to make them more "realistic" and failed

2. They're just standing around. We need some interaction between characters.

3. No Snake or Sonic.

4. Very poor background.

They never said that did they? They just said you could use them once, we didn't know if it was per Smash Ball or per match. It's per Smash Ball otherwise you could never return to Samus when playing as ZSS.

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once.and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item indeed.

I would say it's up for interpretation whether it's one per match or one per Smash Ball. I hope it's the last, as the other seems ... very limited.

Oh, and has it been confirmed that Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash will turn her back into Power Suit Samus? It's a brilliant idea. (I wonder why I didn't think of it. :D)

And has the boxart been confirmed as official? A tad disappointing, maybe.

I would say it's up for interpretation whether it's one per match or one per Smash Ball. I hope it's the last, as the other seems ... very limited.

Oh, and has it been confirmed that Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash will turn her back into Power Suit Samus? It's a brilliant idea. (I wonder why I didn't think of it. :D)

And has the boxart been confirmed as official? A tad disappointing, maybe.

In one of the demo videos, this one to be exact: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F92Vo4cLwnU, you can see Pit getting 2 Final Smashes in one match so it's one per Ball but you can get more than one in a match. :D

I think it would be a great idea for Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash to be able to return her power suit. But we don't know yet if that's the case. In one of the videos she (ZSS) almost got a second Smash Ball but then the time ran out. :p

well just been reading IGN's awesome FAQ;

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/809/809868p1.html

and I'm simply more excited than ever now!

One thing is what controller will people be using? I'll be using classic controller I think...won't be missing out on rumble anyway as I use a wavebird and I just feel like its the sort of the game where I will want to use this consoles normal controller to make it feel more like a new game on a new console..

Maybe yeah. I liked the "compact" design of him in Sonic Adventure 2.

He just looks HUGE in this. I always thought he was smaller. He stands as bulky as Link in the video.

I personally just think he is perhaps a little too big.

Note the comparisons from the original design...He now looks a little too "human" They've practically tried to shoehorn the Sonic universe into real-life. Bring back Mobius :(

I'd love to see Sonic's stage set in Mobius: Green Hill Zone perhaps, but knowing SEGA it will be set in a boring, generic metropolis.

I see what you mean, but remember Sonic is a teenager, he's still growing :heh:

One thing is what controller will people be using? I'll be using classic controller I think...won't be missing out on rumble anyway as I use a wavebird and I just feel like its the sort of the game where I will want to use this consoles normal controller to make it feel more like a new game on a new console..

I think I'll try the Wiimote setup for a bit, but after that I am going to use my GameCube controllers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!