Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never played a Kirby game looks like fun , was there one for the snes? if so then ill wait for it to appear on the Virtual console

I would sure advise you to play one game of the series. (not kirby's first Dream Land game, since that one doesn't have the copy ability. The curry is the only one that gives you cool powers.)

The best is definetely Kirby Super Star (Kirby's Fun Pak) for the SNES, followed closely by Kirby's Dream Land 2 for the Game Boy.

But there are other enjoyable Kirby games as well.

Once again, two updates for the price of one:

Assist Trophy - Andross

assist06_070828.jpg

It’s the old enemy of the Star Fox team, Andross! He appears here in his original form, the one with the most impact.

assist06_070828a.jpg

Whoa! He’s huge.

assist06_070828b.jpg

He swiftly moves to the back of the scene...

assist06_070828c.jpg

...and begins inhaling...

assist06_070828d.jpg

...then he spits polygonal panels out of his mouth!

Like a meteor storm, these panels come flying from the back of the scene to the front. Um, what am I supposed to call these things, anyway?

assist06_070828e.jpg

They just keep flying out like crazy!

"Only I have the brains to rule Lylat!"

Uh...OK. He said it, not me...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Smash ABC - Four Special Moves TypesThe actions that really define the personality of each character are the special moves! In Brawl, you can do four different moves with just one button and different directional tilts on the Control Stick.

basic05_070828.jpg

These are the four types. Control for each is quite simple.

Standard special moves

basic05_070828a.jpg

Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon. (Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

Side special moves

basic05_070828b.jpg

These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.

(Side Special Move: Triple Dash)

Up special moves

basic05_070828c.jpg

These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.

(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop)

Down special moves

basic05_070828d.jpg

Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks.

(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)

Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of the special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in mid-air.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Andross: Nice. Don't care much for the starfox series, but cool anyway.

Metaknight's moves: Cool. Metaknight seems to be the most badass puffball we'll ever see.

oooo new pokemon moves!

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

<Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall>

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

<Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw>

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

<Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed>

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

<Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip>

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

<Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower>

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

<Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash>

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must cooperate to push on!

mmh he said three special moves i wonder wat other moves they will have then i think for Sguirtle Water pulse , Charizard Claw attack or earthquake , and Ivysour mmh i think Leaf storm or Something like that

mmh I was just thinking when i was watching those images

it would be cool to have a pokemon game like that where you actualy play with the pokemon you choose like how it works in smashbros now you can actualy evade the attacks but they can still have it like this where Water pokemon takes more health from a fire pokemon and electrick makes more damage on a water Pkmn and so on

Great update today! It's nice to see some fresh new moves, particularly ones based on Pokémon attacks.

My predictions for the remaining three moves:

Charizard's up and B attack: Fly

Squirtle's B attack: Water gun

Ivysaur's across and B: Sleep powder

mmh he said three special moves i wonder wat other moves they will have then i think for Sguirtle Water pulse , Charizard Claw attack or earthquake , and Ivysour mmh i think Leaf storm or Something like that

mmh I was just thinking when i was watching those images

it would be cool to have a pokemon game like that where you actualy play with the pokemon you choose like how it works in smashbros now you can actualy evade the attacks but they can still have it like this where Water pokemon takes more health from a fire pokemon and electrick makes more damage on a water Pkmn and so on

Well i reckon Ivysaur will have Razor Leaf, Squirtle Bubble and HOPEFULLY charizards recovery will be similar to wing attack. Would be cool if he had seismic toss aswell.

Great update!

Water impulses Squirtle up. How didn't I remember Waterfall? Although that move does look like Surf.

Withdraw will be awesome. Your personal Koopa shell.

Odd that Ivysaur's normal B-move is an Anti-air move as well. I can't recall another normal B Anti-air move.

Vine Whip is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Flamethrower was necessary. Sakurai said it himself.

Rock Smash is hilarious. I expected some kind of claw move, but Charizard smashing rocks with his head will surely be awesome.

Predictions:

Squirtle will have Water Gun/Bubble. Hoping for the latter.

Ivysaur will have Razor Leaf/Leech Seed. Hoping for the latter. It could work like Lip's Stick or Togepi's Metronome.

Charizard will have Fly. I can see no other possibility.

i think up attack for charizard will be like he Fly's up and grab the oponent and then smash him into the ground

Squirtle : Water Gun / Water pulse

and for Bulbazour i think also Razor leaf

and for the pokemon i think charizard will be a lil slow as for Squirtle will be fast to play with and for Bulbasaur is Average

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!