N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

FFS why wouldn't four player online work? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online FPSes we've seen on Xbox, a console less powerful than Wii? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online MoH announced for Wii?

If this game doesn't at least support four-player Melee free-for-all online, I don't see how we could not be very disappointed.

Fighters have approximately 4 million more inputs a minute than any FPS or racing game. In an FPS you can get away with 115ms lag for firing a gun, but with a 24 hit combo? Hell no.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighters have approximately 4 million more inputs a minute than any FPS or racing game. In an FPS you can get away with 115ms lag for firing a gun, but with a 24 hit combo? Hell no.

if there is an input method that only uses wavey remote... then that could naturally slow down input .... and maybe then we get a plausible online technically. But it would be a wierd and wackey fighting game and not in the spirit of smash brothers.

I don't care if its shitty and doesnt work. I still want it in. Even if I only use it when I want to fight someone I know and will never be able to play locally and never play it just randomly I don't care. I still want that option.

Rumble Falls

This stage is based on the look and feel of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which was played using the DK Bongos.

The key here is to keep climbing up and up.

stage07_070723a-l.jpg

The tropical setting is quite nice.

The screen slowly scrolls upward, so if you don’t want to get left behind, you’d better get to climbing. Oh, and don’t forget to pummel your opponents on the way.

stage07_070723b-l.jpg

You’re climbing up, but the water keeps flowing

down, down, down.

The screen’s constantly changing, so it’s fun just to watch, too.

stage07_070723c-l.jpg

The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!

Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...

Its a plane. No wait, its a castle.

I don't care if its shitty and doesnt work. I still want it in. Even if I only use it when I want to fight someone I know and will never be able to play locally and never play it just randomly I don't care. I still want that option.

And then, when its up and its slow and laggy...you'll be here moaning about it?

Dead or Alive did not have any lagg more than usual I think. On the other hand I dont think online was the primary focus with this game. Its more important to make it play good offline.

Exacly. Have fun with friends beside you is the best way to appreciate it. It piss me how people now always want online for every single game even if it don't suit at all. I already see people moaning about Mario Party which don't have online.:blank:

An online mode for Smash bros would be a good addition but I personally don't care if it does'nt have. It would be full of self-called pro-players who only want to play 1vs1 on Final destination and without items. Too boring for me. I'd rather play with people I know beside me.

Talking about Dead or Alive, the online don't have to handle items and stage hazards. SSB is a more complex game.

It would be full of self-called pro-players who only want to play 1vs1 on Final destination and without items.

Default Settings + Random arena is likely for ranked matches anyway.

An stage like the Ice Climber one? Boo!

Actually, reading it again, it only goes up, not down.

What happens in very long matches? Random platforms?

Still....climbing ladders looks cool.

Dead or Alive did not have any lagg more than usual I think.

Your kidding right? DoA 4 on the 360 was laggy as hell and for a game requires you to have perfect timing to counter attack it just didnt work. I tried playing my mate when I first got who lives down the street and it was pretty much unplayable, we both had around 2Meg Broadband back then.

If this is online then great but what matters to me most is the local multiplayer game, great nights were had playing Smash with mates around my house and I hope this tradition will be continued with the release of the Wii version.

An stage like the Ice Climber one? Boo!

Actually, reading it again, it only goes up, not down.

What happens in very long matches? Random platforms?

Still....climbing ladders looks cool.

Yeh, hopefully it will feel more like the Rainbow Cruise level from Melee, which worked really well moving slowly along...

I hated the Ice Climbers level largely because of the stupid changes in speed!

Would be good if at the top there's a giant barrel to shoot you back down to the bottom!

Or maybe there is just a large cloud stage to fight on once you're fully at the top, maybe with a giant fruit like in Jungle Beat!

It's funny listening to noobs who demand an online mode yet know nothing about smash. Hilarious.

Also, Pro's select levels randomly or select one of 13 levels themselves, and they hardly pick FD.

If this game has lag, it's gonna get stick. If they can't nail online, it's fine. I don't care, because tbh the best way to play the game is with friends around you. Also, something that Melee had was different fighting styles. I mean, you look at West Coast American players play as Fox and they play completely differently to East coast fox players, so when they meet at tournies it's amazing to watch. I'd hate for everyone to play exactly the same come online.

Like someone said, Smash (and ANY fighter) is best played when you've got mates around.

I'm taking this as a replacement Ice climbers level, and that its almost definite that the ice climbers have been replaced. I doubt I'll miss them, they weren't even much fun to pound into oblivion.

As for characters, I'll probably keep with pikachu, although Pit and Meta knight look very interesting interesting, and I can see myself playing alot of those two.

I'm really glad they are referenceing DK Jungle beat (even if that stage doesnt remind of any stage from the game). Kinda disapointed that its a scrolling level though.

I wonder if this means there's a chance that one of DKJB's boss's might be another playable character, like dread Kong or Karate Kong.

I'm pretty sure this means a couple of Assist trophys from that game

I wonder if this means there's a chance that one of DKJB's boss's might be another playable character, like dread Kong or Karate Kong.

Weren't Melee's stages based on N64 games (as well as some unique ones)? Brawl seems to be doing the game, but based on GameCube games.

I don't think we'll see those as playable characters, tbh.

It's funny listening to noobs who demand an online mode yet know nothing about smash. Hilarious.

Also, Pro's select levels randomly or select one of 13 levels themselves, and they hardly pick FD.

If this game has lag, it's gonna get stick. If they can't nail online, it's fine. I don't care, because tbh the best way to play the game is with friends around you. Also, something that Melee had was different fighting styles. I mean, you look at West Coast American players play as Fox and they play completely differently to East coast fox players, so when they meet at tournies it's amazing to watch. I'd hate for everyone to play exactly the same come online.

Like someone said, Smash (and ANY fighter) is best played when you've got mates around.

I'm sure this was aimed at me.

I know if the game has lag it will get stick. But why should it make a difference? Will it get more stick for having a bad online or for having no online?

I know it's best to play it locally. But I have some people I've met over the internet who I'd rather like to play at Smash, even if it is laggy. Just for that, I want online in, even if it's rubbish. You "pro" smash players don't need to use it.

Weren't Melee's stages based on N64 games (as well as some unique ones)? Brawl seems to be doing the game, but based on GameCube games.

I don't think we'll see those as playable characters, tbh.

Melee stage were not particularly based on N64 games. They were from various consoles from Nes to N64 even for franchises with recent games (for example the Zelda II stage). IMO, DK stages of Melee were more based on the first DK Country or a random DK atmosphere. Only the music was from DK64.

I really hope they make a DKC2 stage on the pirate ship and Kaptain K.Rool as a playable character. IMO, he has a lot more potential than the King version and this game need a pirate!

Seeing that stage, I really wonder why Nintendo doesn't make a real DK game and not just spin-offs like Jungle Beat, King of Swing, Konga,... :weep:

Before any other game comes out with online options Nintendo really need to bring a headset out. If you are playing people online without having a way to talk to them you might aswell be playing the A.I.

that would be cool a headset i have it for 360

but for smash it would rock hearing someon laugh when you get beaten up haha or when you Co-op with someone you make Plans to beat the crap out of the other two

i also found this when i where Googling i know that it isn't from Brawl but i'll put it here anyway

SmashBros__WorldTour_by_psychodan.jpg

this game needs online. seriously. if nintendo can't solve some tiny lag problem than they're a bunch of fucking queers. how difficult can it be, seriously? has anyone really thought about it very hard for a very long time, or does it go like "oh, damn, there's lag people, let's get out of the way!"

fight the fucking thing. work the magic. get some 10 year old mathematical genius to shit some algorithms out of his ass. imagine in a hundred years how people will look at gaming histroy and say 'hell, those cave-fuckers from a hundred years ago had this thing called lag. and it ruined everything for them! hahaha, what a bunch of dickheads."

well, i'm not feeling like a dickhead. so fuck lag and fuck all developers who can't manage that shit. 50 years ago assholes were walking on the moon, people. and now we have lag? what's up with that? ok, so the moon-people had lag too when they communicated with earth, but they were on the moon and all, with computers less powerfull than my digital wristwatch. what's our excuse?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!