N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I don't necessarily agree with this comment seeing as though only 4 stages have been officially unveiled AND NAMED, but I can understand where you are coming from though because there is a lack of motion, with the screens provided, you can only see certain portions and even with the stages that have multiple sections (i.e. Delfino Plaza), its looks as though its the same ol' stuff when in fact its not. Look at Delfino Plaza and you'll see multiple sections. Battlefield, typical stage as is Yoshis island bar the changes in platforms etc due to seasonal variation. The Lylat Cruise stage is as per my previous comment above.

They'll no doubt be saving the BIG GUNS for the upcoming press conferences. Need not fear.

Agreed. Lets face it, they wont show us anything that we dont already know until after E3. Even then, they will likely save the best til last.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Lylat stage - I see they've altered the engines to fit the Star Fox style of ships, too (It was flames before - like Metroid ships, rather than the light like Star Fox ships).

I want a video of the ship going through atmo.

I think the levels look brilliant. I don't want them to put too many gimmicks in, that would just make it lame, and I thought there were too many gimmicky stages in Melee, I'm really liking the look of the stages unveiled so far, they look beautiful.

I just wish they'd get on and show us how the fighting system works.

Guest Stefkov

The background of the new level looks amazing. I love how it goes from a space battle to going into orbit etc.

Cool thing you already saw all the stages, can you describe them for me?

Oh, ffs, I have never said that every level looked the same, I implied that the levels so far shown look the same. Geez.

I guess one should have to spell out completely what one means, as people cannot think for themselves on these boards or at least take things way to literally.

Besides, in Melee there were not two levels that looked like each other, if I remember correctly. They were varied with obstacles in the way and such. Except the orignal Smash Bros stages, they were very alike.

To me, the four levels shown so far look vastly different from each other.

These levels have different platform structures (some having dynamically changing platforms), different art directions (in keeping with the theme of the series they are taken from) and different environment and locational changes. Not to mention the different music and playing strategies involved. In fact, I'd say the only thing they have in common is that they are from the same game. :)

Oh, ffs, I have never said that every level looked the same, I implied that the levels so far shown look the same. Geez.

I guess one should have to spell out completely what one means, as people cannot think for themselves on these boards or at least take things way to literally.

Besides, in Melee there were not two levels that looked like each other, if I remember correctly. They were varied with obstacles in the way and such. Except the orignal Smash Bros stages, they were very alike.

It also seems you don't understand sarcasm. You don't belong on the internet if you can't take sarcasm.

ssbfin7.jpg

ssbfin29.jpg

smashstage7.jpg

stage04_070622d-l.jpg

stage01_070522a-l.jpg

stage03_070612a-l.jpg

The differences between stages are about the same, they're just ground with some platforms near.

Oh, man. Seeing all those stages at once is boner inducing.

And, Icicle mountain was shit. What's good about this stages, is that besides looking totally sweet, they're good for fighting.

Edit: So Hellfire, you indirectly gave someone a woody, how does that makes you feel?

I want stages like that, they give variety to the game and are fun. Kid Icarus could have a stage like that.

Icicle mountain is awful. You barely get a chance to fight because you have to focus on surviving.

The levels so far are actually awesome. Looks like they're being very careful making them so not too many characters have an advantage on em. A good example is Marth (if he's in the game); he'd be great at the Yoshi Island level because it's small, however levels that are larger and have more platforms give you a chance to escape combos better and make it more fun. I can't wait to get info on the Mario Kart level :)

Sure, they give variety, but they really aren't any fun to play on. That's what I think anyway. I mean, stages like Brinstar depth's really frustrated me to the point where I didn't enjoy playing the game.

Oh god i hated Brinstar depths. Got boring after the first few times of playing it.

Planet Zebes on the other hand :)

Oh, man. Seeing all those stages at once is boner inducing.

And, Icicle mountain was shit. What's good about this stages, is that besides looking totally sweet, they're good for fighting.

Edit: So Hellfire, you indirectly gave someone a woody, how does that makes you feel?

I'm soaking wet.

Icicle mountain is awful. You barely get a chance to fight because you have to focus on surviving.

Sure, they give variety, but they really aren't any fun to play on. That's what I think anyway. I mean, stages like Brinstar depth's really frustrated me to the point where I didn't enjoy playing the game.

Oh god i hated Brinstar depths. Got boring after the first few times of playing it.

Planet Zebes on the other hand :)

Of course when I want to play seriously, I don't play on that kind of stages, but it's pretty fun to watch people die because they couldn't jump up or because you keep them from going to the top of brinstar depths.

Why do people hate Brinstar Depths? I thought it was a pretty crazy and fun stage, it's completely different from the rest and you've always gotta watch your step.

It also has a cool remix of the classic Kraid's theme from Metroid, which is always a good thing.

You can't fight properly on it for a start.

You know what level was awesome? Mute City :D Easily my 2nd favourite level after FoD.