Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I also tend to fight without weapons, I prefer plain fighting using your skill and talent, mastering your move range.

Items are part of the skill too. (except when a starman falls from the heavens right on your head, or a bob-omb for instance)

Ricocheting enemies on the bottom of hyrule temple is such a fun sight. There's a trick where you can stick'em to the ceiling with captain falcon's right+B move.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they need to do is do a function whether to search for a "Fight Match" with items and have 3/4 at most at a time,then a "Brawl Match" with no items.

Online is not hard to do for this.Just put up a decent amount of servers so no connection problems.Strikers can work smoothly with no LAG when there's a lot going on,it's easy enough to do for Brawl aslong as people don't rape it by continous use of items.

Online can be done,hell even PSO on the Cube ran a dream with a lot going on so no reason why this can't.

Items are part of the skill too. (except when a starman falls from the heavens right on your head, or a bob-omb for instance)
True, but I just kind of feel they get in the way at times.

Sometimes I turn some on though.

This game is gonna be so awesome!!

I used to do that all the time. Four players, all of them Pokemon. The Pokemon stadium and only Pokeballs with heavy frequency. It was Pokecrazy!

(I miss people use Poke- as a prefix)

Wasnt it possible to get Smash brothers Melee online somehow (somehow useing Phantasy star online it became online)? If anyone here ever tried that, how badly did that lag?

Here's a video to show you what I'm talking about:

Wasnt it possible to get Smash brothers Melee online somehow (somehow useing Phantasy star online it became online)? If anyone here ever tried that, how badly did that lag?

Yeah melee can be played online. It's not that laggy aswell i've heard.

More informtion on Pit in today's update. His B and B+up moves are as expected! Looking forward to hearing about other moves soon.

Well, I'm a bit dissapointed by today's update. If they break up every characters moves like this, it could take months before we get a new one.

But there's still over six months until it comes out. They can't tell us everything at once, otherwise they'll run out of things to tell us, and the whole game will be spoiled before it comes out.

It's not like you guys play on any other level besides final destination... or use items... or play with more than 2 players.

'besides FD'?

Erm, that's a bit of a dumb comment, seeing as my favourite level are Fountain of Dreams and Mute City. I do play Final Destination, but that's only because it's a pretty even level in most match ups so if we're doing a 4 way or a randon 1 on 1 we just do FD. if it's a proper best of 7 match we do pretty much every level.

Also, if i go over to zell's house and his brothers are in, the chances are that i'll be playing 4 player, so yeah, don't act like you know how I play.

WTF! Thats cool yet weird at the same time.

Normal Special Move: Palutena Arrow

pit_070528a.jpgpit_070528b.jpg

Steering up and down will bend the trajectory.

His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!

Up Special Move: Wings of Icarus

pit_070528c.jpgpit_070528d.jpg

In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.

After a while he will fall, so be careful.

Hmm... Pit being able to alter the trajectory of his arrows (is it Samus who can also do that with her missiles?) gives him an advantage over Link.

Plus I guess this confirms he will 'fly' like Kirby and have 5 or so hovers.

Well, I'm a bit dissapointed by today's update. If they break up every characters moves like this, it could take months before we get a new one.
Considering the amount of days until its launch and the fact that they will have to keep some secrets for in the final game, don't expect too much spectacular stuff. We're getting fresh screens every day, that's incredible for a Nintendo game.

pit_070528a-l.jpgpit_070528b-l.jpg

pit_070528c-l.jpgpit_070528d-l.jpg

It seems that Pit's bow shooting is similar to Ness's PK Thunder in Melee as you control the arrow's direction, which kind of weakens his long distance effectivity as you can't move while the arrow hasn't hit anything.

Also, it is confirmed that Pit flies like Kirby and Jigglypuff.

EDIT: Damn, Retro beat me... My screens are bigger though :heh:

It seems that Pit's bow shooting is similar to Ness's PK Thunder in Melee as you control the arrow's direction, which kind of weakens his long distance effectivity as you can't move while the arrow hasn't hit anything.
haha, beat yah!

Samus can alter her normal missiles though (not the homing gone) before she fires them and they are still quick and long distance weapons. Sounds as though Pit's arrows may be as fast as Fox's blaster! or at least as fast as Links!

Considering the amount of days until its launch and the fact that they will have to keep some secrets for in the final game, don't expect too much spectacular stuff. We're getting fresh screens every day, that's incredible for a Nintendo game.

Yeah, well they're probably saving some new stuff for E3 as well.

'besides FD'?

Erm, that's a bit of a dumb comment, seeing as my favourite level are Fountain of Dreams and Mute City. I do play Final Destination, but that's only because it's a pretty even level in most match ups so if we're doing a 4 way or a randon 1 on 1 we just do FD. if it's a proper best of 7 match we do pretty much every level.

Also, if i go over to zell's house and his brothers are in, the chances are that i'll be playing 4 player, so yeah, don't act like you know how I play.

Mmmmm'kay.

Edit: And people expecting Kid ICARUS to fly should go read his story.

Pit's arrows are basically Link's arrows but powered up and can be curled upwards or downwards (like Link's boomerang). Nothing that special, although they could have some fair use for edgeguarding, depending on their power.

As for up B, it looks pretty decent for a recovery move, although we don't know if it hurts people or not. It also looks like Pit will be a bit vulnerable.

EDIT: Also why would they ever allow any character to fly? It would just be unfair, even if it made sense. It makes sense that Pit should fly, but it also makes sense for Samus to fly (use her boosters) but she doesn't, so pit shouldn't.

Who thinks the site updates will go like this?

Monday: Game Modes or Notices?

Tuesday: Music & Stages

Wednesday: Characters - Veteran Fighters

Thursday: Items

Friday: Characters - Newcomers

I don't think there'll be a set routine at all.

Also why would they ever allow any character to fly? It would just be unfair, even if it made sense. It makes sense that Pit should fly, but it also makes sense for Samus to fly (use her boosters) but she doesn't, so pit shouldn't.

It's probably only for 2-3 seconds. That's not going to put Pit at an advantage, I think. Jigglypuff and Kirby could jump for 5 times, and that didn't make them better than others as well.

It's probably only for 2-3 seconds. That's not going to put Pit at an advantage, I think. Jigglypuff and Kirby could jump for 5 times, and that didn't make them better than others as well.

Well that's because kirbys jumps sucks....Jiggly on the other hand had the best bloody recovery in the game! So unfair :(

I reckon Pit looks quite floaty (like peach), so yeah, he'll have a good recovery, but he'll get KO'd off the top of the screen quickly so it's all good.

That's just a standard "up B", I didn't really consider that "flying". By flying I meant having infinite amount of midair jumps, which would obviously be an unfair advantage. Giving Pit five jumps would be sensible.

That's just a standard "up B", I didn't really consider that "flying". By flying I meant having infinite amount of midair jumps, which would obviously be an unfair advantage. Giving Pit five jumps would be sensible.

Well if you look at the size of his jumps for the first trailer 5 would be too much...3 would be ok.

Well infinite jumping is certainly not going to happen. He jumped 4 times in the trailer. So maybe that's his maximum amount. :hmm:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!