NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

The presence of Mega Man in that list disgusts me.

NO MORE 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS DAMNIT. This is a Nintendo All Stars game, ffs.

Actually, i'll revise my expected character figure to 40, 50 seems a bit too high, could only think of a list of 40 characters. Heres the sort of list i'm expecting to see in BRAWL:

Mario --> WITH DR MARIO SKIN

Luigi --> LMansion moves [vaccuum incorporated into his character would be nice.]

Bowser

Peach --> Include Daisy Skin

Yoshi

Donkey Kong

Captain Falcon

Ganondorf [NEW MOVES!!!]

Fox

Ness [Keep him, despite rumours of being cut]

Kirby

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Zelda/Sheik

Link

Cel Shaded Link [DIFFERENT MOVES, but with Normal Young Link Skin]

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Snake - CONFIRMED

Wario - CONFIRMED

Pit - CONFIRMED

Meta Knight - CONFIRMED

King Dee Dee

Mega Man - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Sonic - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Waluigi [Move set based on apperances in games, different to Wario]

Toad [Time to get violent and kick ass]

Petey Piranah - [Put in Golf and Tennis now time for Smash, would control very similar to Bowser]

Captain Olimar [A Must, Moves involving Pikmin would be a given]

Birdo [spit eggs move etc]

Ice Climbers [Keep despite being rumoured to getting the axe]

Falco [NEW MOVES!!!!!, different to Fox]

Mr Game & Watch [A lot of people disliked this character, I didn't mind him, keep him on despite being rumoured to be cut from the list]

Tom Nook [For hilarity purposes, Animal Crossings rep in the game]

Marth [incorporate Roys Sword Advantages into his move set]

Diddy Kong [base moves on N64 game abilities and other games]

Boo [Filler]

Shy Guy [Filler]

Little Mac [From Punch Out, would be a good addition, shrimp but powerful]

Ridley

- Include Daisy voice should have surely been your suggestion?

- Ganondorf should stay relativly the same as people already play with him like that, though maybe one of his moves should change (Linke Mario & Luigi). I have a feeling a few new moves may be addded to characters anyway. (Add Sword)

- Ness wont be cut

- Why the hell would Petey contol similar to Bowser if 1. Bowser's shit & 2. They wouldn't control similar at all seeing as they're completely different.

- Falco shouldn't be changed too much, (change 1 move?)

- Add Roy's sword advantages to Marth as well as having his own?? What are you on?

- Boo & Shy Guy = NO

- Ridley = :D

what do you mean "add sword" to Ganondorf??? You havent found out how to unlock it??

You mean winning as him?:heh::indeed:

Good list. I think there should be more skins:

Mario --> WITH DR MARIO SKIN

Luigi --> LMansion moves [vaccuum incorporated into his character would be nice.] --> Waluigi Skin

Bowser

Peach --> Include Daisy Skin

Yoshi --> Birdo Skin

Donkey Kong

Captain Falcon

Ganondorf [NEW MOVES!!!]

Fox --> Krystal skin

Ness [Keep him, despite rumours of being cut]

Kirby

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Zelda/Sheik

Link

Cel Shaded Link [DIFFERENT MOVES, but with Normal Young Link Skin]

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Snake - CONFIRMED

Wario - CONFIRMED

Pit - CONFIRMED

Meta Knight - CONFIRMED

King Dee Dee

Mega Man - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Sonic - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER --> Shadow skin

||Waluigi [Move set based on apperances in games, different to Wario]|| Doesn't deserve his own position

Toad [Time to get violent and kick ass] --> Toadette skin

Petey Piranah - [Put in Golf and Tennis now time for Smash, would control very similar to Bowser] Also, Mario Kart, Super Mario Sunshine and NSMB, seems to be a common boss now.

Captain Olimar [A Must, Moves involving Pikmin would be a given]

||Birdo [spit eggs move etc]|| - Would be better with yoshi skin

Ice Climbers [Keep despite being rumoured to getting the axe]

Falco [NEW MOVES!!!!!, different to Fox]

Mr Game & Watch [A lot of people disliked this character, I didn't mind him, keep him on despite being rumoured to be cut from the list]

Tom Nook [For hilarity purposes, Animal Crossings rep in the game]

Marth [incorporate Roys Sword Advantages into his move set]

Diddy Kong [base moves on N64 game abilities and other games]

Boo [Filler]

Shy Guy [Filler]

Little Mac [From Punch Out, would be a good addition, shrimp but powerful]

Ridley

And because I romoved 2:

Mii (1 set of moves, but skin from your own Mii collection

Viewtful Joe - 3rd Party...he just seems to fit.

edit: Skins should include a name change, some visual apperances of moves, and different voice.

- Include Daisy voice should have surely been your suggestion?

- Ganondorf should stay relativly the same as people already play with him like that, though maybe one of his moves should change (Linke Mario & Luigi). I have a feeling a few new moves may be addded to characters anyway. (Add Sword)

- Ness wont be cut

- Why the hell would Petey contol similar to Bowser if 1. Bowser's shit & 2. They wouldn't control similar at all seeing as they're completely different.

- Falco shouldn't be changed too much, (change 1 move?)

- Add Roy's sword advantages to Marth as well as having his own?? What are you on?

- Boo & Shy Guy = NO

- Ridley = :D

Daisy voice and appearance if they couldn't think of unique move set and didn't want a clone character, incorporate that into the Peach Character, you know how you can select different colours etc?

Ganondorf should remain the same the way he feels and controls, he felt just right for his size, but he shouldn't have Captain Falcons moves or walking style, he should have a new walking style and two different moves [No flip mid air attach kick and no Falcon Kick], the Falcon punch [Gerudo Punch perhaps] is appropriate and should remain remember OOT where Link confronts him and that energy comes from his hand, perfect link there.

Hopefully you are right and Ness isn't cut in the upcoming game.

Petey would feel and control similar in regards to speed and movements to Bowser but would feel a little different still, he'd have limitations on jump height due to his size, but obviously his move set would be unique, spew out that brown liquid, players get stuck etc.

Again another clone character should change two moves, keep the zapper move, change the other two, i'm sure they can think of two new moves for him, they could be similar to foxes but with different animations, just something so its perceived as being different.

I was just suggesting that Roy be merged with Marth if they didn't want both of them, but the more characters the better, Roy did have more powerful sword attacks but was slower, Marth had more speed more balanced overall. Marth is more handsome of the two, so if one were to be kept, it'd be him.

The filler as in Boo and Shy Guy would only be in the game to round it off to a better number, 40 just looks better than 38, they could be replaced with any other characters that are better, just so as long as they'res a CLEAN number.

Good list. I think there should be more skins:

edit: Skins should include a name change, some visual apperances of moves, and different voice.

With the template and refinements, we've conjured up the DREAM list for the game, lets hope the final game gets as close to this as possible.

Marth was actually stronger than Roy, just to let you know. Also the differences between Fox and Falco were so profound that I don't think there needs to be a change. Same goes with C Falcon & Ganondorf and Marth & Roy, but they definately need to change Doc in some way, either remove him completely or make him a skin of Mario.

I've got Megaman on my list, have another look. I really want him as a selectable character, to engage in an ultimate battle versus Samus.

Apoligies, Good to see the Blue Bomber getting the attention he deserves!

Does anyone know are the settings like: worldwide or match my rank supported in ssb brawl, like in Metroid Prime: Hunters?

Does anyone know are the settings like: worldwide or match my rank supported in ssb brawl, like in Metroid Prime: Hunters?

No idea yet on how online is going to work. Not with any game yet because no online games have been made yet. Expect something like the DS with a few more options, a slicker interface, and probably a lot more reliable.

Also in online Brawl, I hope they give you the option to do 4-way, 2on2 (with friends) or 1on1. There's no reason why not.

I think Mario & Dr. Mario have been combined into a better Mario:

Marios air punch hits enemies down on Melee

Dr. Marios hits them left/right

In Brawl, Mario's hits them left/right.

I hope they keep all the good parts of Mario though (i pref his Cape, air v+A etc)

Marth was actually stronger than Roy, just to let you know. Also the differences between Fox and Falco were so profound that I don't think there needs to be a change. Same goes with C Falcon & Ganondorf and Marth & Roy, but they definately need to change Doc in some way, either remove him completely or make him a skin of Mario.

How do you mean stronger? You do realise Roy, albeit more sluggish, was a heavier damage dealer overall. His B move went to completion as well as being very, very powerful with smash attacks. Sure his damage is in the center of the blade, but he still seems more powerful. My friend plays Roy, and it's a hell of a lot harder when he does. He's just really powerful. Saying that though, when I play as Link I have the projectile advantage as well as the almighty down and A in mid-air.

How do you mean stronger? You do realise Roy, albeit more sluggish, was a heavier damage dealer overall. His B move went to completion as well as being very, very powerful with smash attacks. Sure his damage is in the center of the blade, but he still seems more powerful. My friend plays Roy, and it's a hell of a lot harder when he does. He's just really powerful. Saying that though, when I play as Link I have the projectile advantage as well as the almighty down and A in mid-air.

They are powerful in different senses. Both swords have their own "sweetspots", Marth's being the tip of his sword and Roy's being the handle. The sweetspot of Marth's actually sends the opponent further than the sweetspot of Roy's, although you are right that Roy's deals more damage. Marth is also far superior in the air, with much stronger attacks considering Roy can't "sweetspot" his oppenents in the air whilst Marth can. Roy does have the upper hand with B attacks though.

What I'm saying is while Roy's smashes can be very powerful, Marth's can be more powerful when sweetspotted. When they're not sweetspotted, I think they're about the same but I'm not sure :heh:.

I honestly don't care who is in it. As long as they spend all their time making the characters as balanced as possible.

Of course the online service is priority number 2.

I'm not a purist, why do you have to be so defensive? Mega Man and Samus could be an awesome showdown.

I've mentioned this about three times but I'll mention again, I want to see the following things in this Smash Bros Game:

50 arenas to choose, only 5 arenas to be borrowed from previous games at maximum equating to 10%, 40 selectable characters [WITH NO CLONES!!!!] with the list I posted above with Cubes revisions, 1000 trophies, 100 event matches, expanded target test, home run contest and mult man melee modes, new moves, new items, more modes, more options, more stats, ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY TO THE MAX, just beefing up with every single aspect of Melee but better so that the game surpasses it predecessor in just about every way, they've already lost a few marks with the Fox design though...

There were way more than 5 rebirth worthy levels from the older games.

Seeing as it's just using the same controller we shouldn't expect them to come up with 40 new levels.

I'd say 10-20 old levels with about 20 new ones.

Look at the success of Mario Kart DS when it chose that formula.

I still love Foxes new look. It's really nice and clearly defined, like a comic-book character.

Nice scans. Theres a little feture on Fox in the new ONM, t'was mean to be Wario but the showing of Fox was too good. Ive yet to read it.

Whats that in the top right of the first full page scan? a most wanted list?

Homepage updated

http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html

This is Masahiro Sakurai of Sora, director of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Hello.

So, the Wii has launched. Are you enjoying it?

As I sit here writing this, it has not yet released where I am, but I am enjoying it nonetheless!

...But not as a consumer. No, I am working with it as I continue with the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. All of us on staff are working very hard, but it will be a little while longer before you can play it!

This time, on the movie page, I have added the Super Smash Bros. Brawl movie we created for the Nintendo World 2006 Wii Hands-On events in Japan. Please take a look.

Oh--and I've also added a few more screen shots.

pic18.jpg

pic17.jpg

That yoshi's island stage is so pretty