NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

NO "CLONES" PLEASE!

You obviously haven't played SSBM enough if you think that.

Mario & Luigi are completely different, even though Luigi's a "clone".

I mean I don't think there should be too many added clones, but they do serve their purpose. Especially with ones like Mario & Luigi and Link & Young Link.

Someone on GameCentral had a dream yesterday that you had to pay for extra characters in Smash Bros.

You obviously haven't played SSBM enough if you think that.

Mario & Luigi are completely different, even though Luigi's a "clone".

I mean I don't think there should be too many added clones, but they do serve their purpose. Especially with ones like Mario & Luigi and Link & Young Link.

Mario and Luigi are different enough characters, i'm talking about the 6 filler RUBBISH clones in SSBM that virtually have identical movesets such as Ganondorf clone of Captain Falcon, Falco, Clone of Fox, Young Link should be replaced with Cel Shaded Link, that would definitely be an acceptable substitute, Dr Mario, just Mario that throws pills, Roy whos Marth but with a more powerful sword attack and Pichu thats just a younger version of Pichu, most were rubbish clones with virtually no difference in move sets, I want totally unique characters, clones should be at BARE MINIMUM in this game, although as I said, the sorts of clones I wouldn't mind are ones like Cel Shaded Link whereby his voice is slightly different and his moves would be a little different so he feels like a fresh character.

Dr Mario is incredibly different from Mario. Not as different as Luigi, but he's not the same as Mario at all. I kick ass with Dr Mario, and suck with Mario. I have no idea why, their power/speed/whatnot is just so different.

Mario and Luigi are different enough characters, i'm talking about the 6 filler RUBBISH clones in SSBM that virtually have identical movesets such as Ganondorf clone of Captain Falcon, Falco, Clone of Fox, Young Link should be replaced with Cel Shaded Link, that would definitely be an acceptable substitute, Dr Mario, just Mario that throws pills, Roy whos Marth but with a more powerful sword attack and Pichu thats just a younger version of Pichu, most were rubbish clones with virtually no difference in move sets, I want totally unique characters, clones should be at BARE MINIMUM in this game, although as I said, the sorts of clones I wouldn't mind are ones like Cel Shaded Link whereby his voice is slightly different and his moves would be a little different so he feels like a fresh character.

Ganondorf vs Captain Falcon (they are quite different, check out their speeds and mass, I'm wicked with Ganondorf but not even close with Captain Falcon), and Marth as faster attacks, Young Link is very different from Link (well, I'm almost the only one who thinks that, but I kick arse with Young Link but I'm only decent with Link). I say keep the "clones", they make the game much more varied and they probably take a fraction of time to develop than a totally new character.

I wonder what (playable) Pokemon are put in this time... Pikachu is pretty obvious but Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will probably remain too, but we definetely need a replacement for Pichu and perhaps one other. I'd say Deoxys would be pretty cool, or maybe Sneasel...

Yeah clones are so stupid :nono:

Marth is MORE powerful than Roy, however he is floatier so he gets send further by moves. However, he can combo better than Roy. I do agree that Pichu was too far though; he wasn't needed at ALL!

I don't think we're gonna see many more pokémon (as playable). Especially ones that aren't very individual. (Maybe Deoxys will be playable??:wtf:) I hope they try and get Ditto in a pokéball again though :heh:

Keep the "clones", the differences were subtle, but very noticable, and each played very different from one another.

I wonder what (playable) Pokemon are put in this time... Pikachu is pretty obvious but Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will probably remain too, but we definetely need a replacement for Pichu and perhaps one other. I'd say Deoxys would be pretty cool, or maybe Sneasel...

Pikachu and Jigglypuff is plenty. Melee had too many.

Hmm, I haven't even unlocked Mewtoo.. I barely touched SSBM. I don't like it as much as I liked SSB. But I should get back to it again, but it have to wait untill after Skies of Arcadia (at least :D).

Anyway.. I like some clones, and I like them to return, but they shouldn't be treated as clones but as different clours / suits / variations.

Dr. Mario is barely a different character, but it's fun to occasionally throw pills around (what do you know, Mario the drug dealer). The same for Pichu and young Link. They could be available as different variations. Some other characters who are clones but simply too cool to be just that, need some different moves. Luigi was improved and in SSBM, but it was still very similar to Mario. He should keep the (straight) fireball though! It belongs to Luigi as much as Mario. Same thing for Falco & Ganondorf. Ganondorf has plenty of moves from the Zelda games they could use.

Hmm, I still need to download the new trailer.

If there are 50 characters to which I have an expectation that this will be the case, than a FEW clones would be fine, BUT NO MORE THAN 5, which equates to 10% of the possible characters you can select. For every 10 characters, 9/10 should be 100% original.

If there are 50 characters to which I have an expectation that this will be the case, than a FEW clones would be fine, BUT NO MORE THAN 5, which equates to 10% of the possible characters you can select. For every 10 characters, 9/10 should be 100% original.

I seriously doubt that there will be 50 characters. And even if there were, 25 of them would be from melee: that's at least five "clones" there.

I expect there to be at least 30, but no greater than 40.

Actually, i'll revise my expected character figure to 40, 50 seems a bit too high, could only think of a list of 40 characters. Heres the sort of list i'm expecting to see in BRAWL:

Mario --> WITH DR MARIO SKIN

Luigi --> LMansion moves [vaccuum incorporated into his character would be nice.]

Bowser

Peach --> Include Daisy Skin

Yoshi

Donkey Kong

Captain Falcon

Ganondorf [NEW MOVES!!!]

Fox

Ness [Keep him, despite rumours of being cut]

Kirby

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Zelda/Sheik

Link

Cel Shaded Link [DIFFERENT MOVES, but with Normal Young Link Skin]

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Snake - CONFIRMED

Wario - CONFIRMED

Pit - CONFIRMED

Meta Knight - CONFIRMED

King Dee Dee

Mega Man - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Sonic - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Waluigi [Move set based on apperances in games, different to Wario]

Toad [Time to get violent and kick ass]

Petey Piranah - [Put in Golf and Tennis now time for Smash, would control very similar to Bowser]

Captain Olimar [A Must, Moves involving Pikmin would be a given]

Birdo [spit eggs move etc]

Ice Climbers [Keep despite being rumoured to getting the axe]

Falco [NEW MOVES!!!!!, different to Fox]

Mr Game & Watch [A lot of people disliked this character, I didn't mind him, keep him on despite being rumoured to be cut from the list]

Tom Nook [For hilarity purposes, Animal Crossings rep in the game]

Marth [incorporate Roys Sword Advantages into his move set]

Diddy Kong [base moves on N64 game abilities and other games]

Boo [Filler]

Shy Guy [Filler]

Little Mac [From Punch Out, would be a good addition, shrimp but powerful]

Ridley

I'd like to see characters from other popular game series' show up playable in the new game. Clones are relatively easy to introduce and provide pretty good character variation so I'm more than happy to see those.

Actually, i'll revise my expected character figure to 40, 50 seems a bit too high, could only think of a list of 40 characters. Heres the sort of list i'm expecting to see in BRAWL:

Luigi --> LMansion moves [vaccuum incorporated into his character would be nice.]

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong

Captain Falcon

Ganondorf [NEW MOVES!!!]

Fox

Kirby

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Zelda/Sheik

Link

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Snake - CONFIRMED

Wario - CONFIRMED

Pit - CONFIRMED

Meta Knight - CONFIRMED

King Dee Dee

Mega Man - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER

Petey Piranah - [Put in Golf and Tennis now time for Smash, would control very similar to Bowser]

Mr Game & Watch [A lot of people disliked this character, I didn't mind him, keep him on despite being rumoured to be cut from the list]

Boo [Filler]

Shy Guy [Filler]

Ridley

Thats actually a reasonable list and not completely beyond reality. I'd be happy if the list in the final game is similar to this.

My expected characters are:

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. Captain Falcon
  9. Fox
  10. Ness
  11. Kirby
  12. Samus
  13. Zero Suit Samus
  14. Zelda
  15. Link
  16. Snake
  17. Deoxys
  18. Pikachu
  19. Jigglypuff
  20. Mewtwo
  21. Wario
  22. Pit
  23. Meta Knight
  24. King Dee Dee
  25. Ganondorf (WW)
  26. Falco
  27. Ike
  28. Elincia
  29. Ridley
  30. Sonic
  31. Simon Belmont
  32. King Dedede
  33. Samurai Goroh
  34. Ice Climbers
  35. Wolf O'Donnell

The lack of Megaman on these lists disgusts me.

I've got Megaman on my list, have another look. I really want him as a selectable character, to engage in an ultimate battle versus Samus.

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong

Captain Falcon

Ganondorf [NEW MOVES!!!]

Fox

Kirby

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Zelda/Sheik

Link

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Snake - CONFIRMED

Wario - CONFIRMED

Pit - CONFIRMED

Meta Knight - CONFIRMED

King Dee Dee

Mega Man - THIRD PARTY CHARACTER <-- LOOK HERE

Boo [Filler]

Shy Guy [Filler]

Ridley

----------------