NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

See, this is what's great about Smash Bros, it can be played just for laughs or seriously and still be pretty fun either way.

But the lazy people will just have to accept that they will get whooped online.

No, the lazy people will woop online because they have no life, the busy people will play and get wooped and not care.

No, the lazy people will woop online because they have no life, the busy people will play and get wooped and not care.

Exactly! I don't have any qualms with winning like most people but I don't get all stressed out when I lose. A Nintendo multiplayer game's quality should always be judged on how loud you are when you play it.

Volume is the key. The louder you're yelling/swearing at your mates for their actions in game is an indicator of how good the multiplayer mode is. That is unless you have tourettes, in which case this does not apply.

If your parents/anyone else needs to come into the room whilst you're all playing to tell you to shut up, it is a candidate for the best Nintendo multiplayer ever.

----

For all you fun players who just want a laugh, I look forward to playing online with you. Wave-cancellers need not apply to this sacred union of amusement.

I so hope this has voice chat. It will be really boring without it (unless we all go into a Halo 2 room at the same time so we can talk).

I so hope this has voice chat. It will be really boring without it (unless we all go into a Halo 2 room at the same time so we can talk).

It needs voice for the yellometer to work. Failing that Skype will have to suffice. Nintendo multiplayer needs voice.

Where's the microphone/headset though?

Where's the microphone/headset though?

Nintendo are making it at the moment since they mentioned it in an interview once (please don't ask me for a source, just trust me on this).

I really like the design on Fox, he's the best designed character so far I think, next to Link. And won't Zero Suit Samus' boobs get in the way when she fights?

I can't stress how much I want to speak during the matches,that's some of the fun in it.I hope your right Tellyn cause that would be great.Means I can taunt people if i'm winning if they think they're totally awesome :heh:

I can't stress how much I want to speak during the matches,that's some of the fun in it.I hope your right Tellyn cause that would be great.Means I can taunt people if i'm winning if they think they're totally awesome :heh:

Yeah, I can't wait to laugh at the Japanese!

I just watched the trailer again now and I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with the stages, they all seem to just be a bunch on platforms with different themed back grounds, the only inventive one I saw was the Mario Kart track, but the rest seem a little dull, especially the Star Fox and Metaknight levels. :hmm:
You can't tell what the final levels will play like from that trailer, so don't judge too soon.

Pit's level looks great with it's destructable environments,

Snakes level looks to be more of a stage than just a few platforms,

The outside Fire Emblem level looks AWESOME (kind of the new Hyrule Temple),

With the Metaknight level; in the first trailer that introduced Metaknight, the video started off with all the characters fighting in an aircraft hanger, then on a 'lift' as the ship took off and then the level flew around outside.

It's likely the level will play out that way, just think of how the F-Zero level worked, with the platforms flying above the track and landing back on it at different stages! It was awesome!

It's like this, every Saturday I play Gamecube with 3 other friends, and none of us cares which one wins. We yell at each other during the moment and sometimes compete over Filipinos , but we don't care enough to go TRAIN ourselves.

I hate those people who limit the available characters and levels, and impose they're own set of rules, just because it's "overpowered" or "unfair". Screw you its a freaking game, you don't HAVE to win, just have fun.

Screw you its a freaking game, you don't HAVE to win, just have fun.

With you all the way on that one!

Ok, people are confusing "being better" and "seriousness". You can learn all these techniques and still play it for laughs (otherwise it wouldn't be fun!), as you can also be crap but still play it like your life depends on it. People don't learn all these techniques just because they desparately want to be better, they learn them because it adds to the gameplay more than anything, being better because of it is just a bonus.

Anyway, some of the stages shown didn't impress me as much as some of the melee ones did. The only one that stood out amongst the normal stages was the mario kart one, which kinda looks like a copy of Mute City. I also hope the Pokemon Stadium stage changes like in melee (it was my favourite stage).

So guys, do we have an item wishlist?

Here are a few that popped into my head as I had a think.

-Cardboard box to hide under for a moment or until it's dealt enough damage that it vanishes.

-Pikmin to throw at another player. Various Pikmin do different things when they attach to a player. For example a Purple Pikmin will slow them down.

-More and more Pokémon from the PokéBalls.

-Blue shell that attacks the player with the least damage.

-Cloud that you can float around in and throw spiked shells onto the level below for a limited time.

-Lightning which shrinks all players.

-A tasty roast dinner to eat which rejuvinates health.

-Wiimote which fires out a beam and if it connects to another player you can throw them really far upwards or left/right.

So guys, do we have an item wishlist?

Here are a few that popped into my head as I had a think.

-Cardboard box to hide under for a moment or until it's dealt enough damage that it vanishes.

-Pikmin to throw at another player. Various Pikmin do different things when they attach to a player. For example a Purple Pikmin will slow them down.

-More and more Pokémon from the PokéBalls.

-Blue shell that attacks the player with the least damage.

-Cloud that you can float around in and throw spiked shells onto the level below for a limited time.

-Lightning which shrinks all players.

-A tasty roast dinner to eat which rejuvinates health.

-Wiimote which fires out a beam and if it connects to another player you can throw them really far upwards or left/right.

Even if this is a Tekken rip off, they would have to have an announcer say "CHICKEN"

An idea I've been thinking of for a while is the "leaf" from Super Mario Bros 3. It could give players infinite jumps!

Remember in the original Smash Bros how in Target Smash if you broke your record, the guy would crack it and say "OH NO RECORD!". He calmed down in the next game.

It's like this, every Saturday I play Gamecube with 3 other friends, and none of us cares which one wins. We yell at each other during the moment and sometimes compete over Filipinos , but we don't care enough to go TRAIN ourselves.

I hate those people who limit the available characters and levels, and impose they're own set of rules, just because it's "overpowered" or "unfair". Screw you its a freaking game, you don't HAVE to win, just have fun.

You'd best look over this post then explain your last one. :p

You'd best look over this post then explain your last one. :p

Sorry, sarcasm failed :(

Anyone else think that Fox looks a bit too Asian?

And I wonder what Falco will look like (if he's in the game.)

star-fox-command-20060818111126459.jpg