N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Lucas: Final Smash

PK Starstorm

Lucas’s Final Smash is PK Starstorm! It’s a move in which he unleashes a rapid barrage of meteor-like PSI power.

lucas_071123a-l.jpg

After a fierce battle, he gets the Smash Ball!

lucas_071123b-l.jpg

P...K...

lucas_071123c-l.jpg

STARRRRRRRRSTORRRRRRRRRM!

As the star storm continues, the tension increases. They all rain down at once.

lucas_071123d-l.jpg

Can you possibly escape it?!

It may be that it’s less advantageous on larger stages and more advantageous on smaller ones. There are a variety of moves like this that have clear advantages and disadvantages depending on the terrain.

[/Quote]

Charged Special Moves

Mastering the chargeable subset of special moves is important.

Take the following moves, for example.

basic09_071123a-l.jpg

Link’s Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow

basic09_071123b-l.jpg

Pikachu’s Side Special Move: Skull Bash

These moves can be charged up by holding down the special-move button, increasing both speed and power. If you press the button down firmly and then release, you’ll unleash the move at full strength! When you first try out a character you aren’t familiar with, this should be the first thing you try.

But, there are also some moves that continue charging even after you release the button... Huh???

basic09_071123c-l.jpg

DK’s Standard Special Move: Giant Punch

basic09_071123d-l.jpg

Samus’s Standard Special Move: Charge Shot

...among others.

For these moves, when you press the special-move button again, it unleashes the move at the power level you charged it to.

Also, with these moves, you can move around while charged by charging the move to the maximum limit or by pressing the shield button to cancel the charge.

basic09_071123e-l.jpg

Look! Steam shoots out from his head when he’s reached maximum charge!

Do your best to build up the maximum charge, then unleash it at just the right moment! These are super-important techniques for characters like DK and Samus. Don’t forget them.

[/Quote]

I like Lucas' Final Smash, it looks useful especially on smaller stages.

About Vanessa, I think she could be a good speedy character, but I don't think she will make it in the game. If there is someone representing Capcom, it will most likely be Megaman.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am liking Lucas' final smash, very destructive, i am impressed.

So what do people think about the roster being announced in CoroCoro on the 15th, will it be just the starters? all characters? do you want to know or isn't the surprise of finding them 'in game' important to you? I hope it's only the starting roster so there's at least some surprises in game, hopefully it means the Dojo will update quite frequently with those characters over the next few weeks, otherwise when the roster is released there will be more updates after that that we already know.

I am liking Lucas' final smash, very destructive, i am impressed.

So what do people think about the roster being announced in CoroCoro on the 15th, will it be just the starters? all characters? do you want to know or isn't the surprise of finding them 'in game' important to you? I hope it's only the starting roster so there's at least some surprises in game, hopefully it means the Dojo will update quite frequently with those characters over the next few weeks, otherwise when the roster is released there will be more updates after that that we already know.

This is what I posted a few days ago:

About the CoroCoro magazine bit, I highly doubt it'll reveal all characters, so it will just be the starting roster. Because the game was supposed to be released on December 3rd, it would make sense for them having planned to have revealed all starters on the site by then.

I wonder how updates after December 3rd are going to be, I hope they won't reveal secret characters already, like they could have planned to do after the original release date on December 3rd.

[/Quote]

And because it's probably going to be the starting roster I'm expecting one more character to be added to the site before the 3rd of December.

I'm still wondering about if they're going to update secret characters after the 3rd of December, because they could have decided not to change the update schedule. I don't want to know them all before playing the game myself. That's going to be hard to accomplish though if the European release is far after the American one.

I'm still wondering if they haven't already started posting the unlockable characters on the Dojo. I mean, how many are there so far? 23? How many are there going to be from the start? And how many in total? And who will be unlockable? I'm so puzzled on this topic.

Of course I would like to discover the hidden characters myself, but I doubt I will be able to stop myself from going online the 3rd of December to see what that magazine has to reveal.

So Nihon still gets this on the 3rd of December? Wow! Only 2 weeks away...I could consider getting a Japanese Wii.

No they don't, they get it on 24th of January. But seeing as the original release was supposed to be on the 3rd of December, I'm wondering if they changed the update schedule to account for the delay. And if they didn't we'll probably see all starters (some say all character, but I doubt that) before then, and that could be why that magazine will show all starter characters in their next issue.

No they don't, they get it on 24th of January. But seeing as the original release was supposed to be on the 3rd of December, I'm wondering if they changed the update schedule to account for the delay. And if they didn't we'll probably see all starters (some say all character, but I doubt that) before then, and that could be why that magazine will show all starter characters in their next issue.

Ahhh, yeah sounds logical.

Sorry if I'm a little slow, but I didn't quite get what you mean? :wtf:

Sorry if I'm a little slow, but I didn't quite get what you mean? :wtf:

Well when the site was first launched they could have had some kind of schedule for the updates, at least planning to reveal all starters before the release (December 3rd) like before Melee's release. And then after the release revealing unlockables.

That could still be the case, even after the delay, or they could have padded out everything to reveal all starters before 24th of January (new release date for Japan), and unlockables after that.

But now that magazine is claiming to reveal all characters or all starters on December 15th, it could be that we have or will have all starters on the site before then. That's why I'm wondering if we're going to see unlockables before the release of the game. I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Full control options today:

Controls

If you use the Controls function under Options, you can assign controls to any button configuration you like.

various14_071126a-l.jpg

First, input a name.

What’s important to know is that button configurations must be tied to a specific name. Once you do that, any time you choose that name afterwards, you’ll automatically play with the button settings you chose.

various14_071126b.jpg

One name can handle controls for four controllers.

various14_071126c-l.jpg

Even a GameCube Controller!

various14_071126d-l.jpg

Even a Wii Remote held sideways!

various14_071126e-l.jpg

Even a Classic Controller!

various14_071126f-l.jpg

Even the Wii Remote and Nunchuk!

...Huh? What’s that thing that says "Shake Smash" in the Wii Remote and Nunchuk section?

With this function, you just shake the Wii Remote to do a Smash Attack in the direction you shook it. It’s a little bonus we added.

Also, if you turn Tap Jump off, you can cut the jump function out of the up direction on the Control Stick. This means it’s easier to do an up attack without jumping into the air. Use whichever way you prefer.

various14_071126g-l.jpg

Then try it out!

Do it to your heart’s content. Try to find the perfect button combination!

But, if you decide to play Smash at a friend’s house, your button configuration naturally won’t be there. And trying to set it up all over again is sort of a pain.

I didn’t miss this detail, though.

various14_071126h-l.jpg

Press the + Button on the name list to open the menu.

When the menu screen pops up, press and hold both the 1 Button and the 2 Button. After a moment, your name will be saved to the Wii Remote. Of course, you can expect your control settings to carry over along with your name!

various14_071126i-l.jpg

Button settings are transferred by way of the Wii Remote.

Pack your name into your Wii Remote and transfer it to the Wii console at your friend’s house. Then choose that name to play with your button configuration.

Wow. I hate to say it, but we really have thought of everything.

I think I'll use the Wii Remote & Nunchuck, but with D-Pad down as Grab instead of D-Left/Right.

Well when the site was first launched they could have had some kind of schedule for the updates, at least planning to reveal all starters before the release (December 3rd) like before Melee's release. And then after the release revealing unlockables.

That could still be the case, even after the delay, or they could have padded out everything to reveal all starters before 24th of January (new release date for Japan), and unlockables after that.

But now that magazine is claiming to reveal all characters or all starters on December 15th, it could be that we have or will have all starters on the site before then. That's why I'm wondering if we're going to see unlockables before the release of the game. I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Yeah, it did. Thanks for your patience. :)

Never have truer words been said.

Amen to that!

Really glad we can switch off Tap Jump.

Yeah, me too. I was always bothered by it.

To be honest, I don't see why people don't like the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls (I do about the Wii Remote alone, though). They seem pretty good to me, even better than the ones I had thought out for that controller scheme. My theory is that people have grown on the GameCube controls and can't imagine playing with other controls.

I'm definitely gonna try the Wiimote/Nunchuk controls. I simply have to try out the Shake Smash. :)

I still dont see whats wrong with the tap jump. Its the Jump I use and I find it more efficient to do it through that than by moving my thumb to press the button

I find it easier to do directional jumps when using a button. When you do, it's also very annoying if you want to attacks upwards without jumping. It's completely impossible to do an upwards aerial attack without double jumping.

I still dont see whats wrong with the tap jump. Its the Jump I use and I find it more efficient to do it through that than by moving my thumb to press the button

I second that. I always use the jump-button instead of using up. It feels better with Smash bros. IMO. Still, let's see if Brawl can change my ways. I have all control options at my disposal, so there will be weeks of trying out and modifying. As if the game itself won't suck away enough free time as it is. :p

Never have truer words been said.

I said about the same expression 20 minutes later in another topic. Fates interwine and all that jazz! :hehe:

I find it easier to do directional jumps when using a button. When you do, it's also very annoying if you want to attacks upwards without jumping. It's completely impossible to do an upwards aerial attack without double jumping.

I've never had issues such as that. Weird :s

What I expect to use if I get the game..

SmashBrosBrawlConfiguration.jpg

..or something similar :heh:

Yeah that for me too. I mean the cube controls would probably be better, but I prefer the ability to have my hands drift apart, its more comfortable.

I said about the same expression 20 minutes later in another topic. Fates interwine and all that jazz! :hehe:

Maybe the universe is telling us something.:heart::heh: