NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I always thought it strange that Final Smashes could only be used once per character per match. You think they could have changed that?

I always thought it strange that Final Smashes could only be used once per character per match. You think they could have changed that?

They never said that did they? They just said you could use them once, we didn't know if it was per Smash Ball or per match. It's per Smash Ball otherwise you could never return to Samus when playing as ZSS.

I was under the impression they where meant to be extremely rare, but they seem to pop up a lot. Unless it's been changed for the demo. I know you can change the appearance rate of items, but I still thought it's be quite uncommon at max.

Is it just me or is the Sonic character model completely different to existing Sonic models?

He looks totally different to the Adventure model/Secret Rings/Olympics models.

He looks snide. Infact Sonic looks awful. There I said it. I'm blown away by the inclusion of Sonic. And if advertised correctly this could be a HUGE benefit to the game (if they go for the whole Sonic Vs Mario tagline). But with that character model I was slightly let down. Still, he's in! He just looks awkward.

I thought he looked really good, especially graphically since it it's better to Secret Rings and more like 'Sonic The Hedgehog'

I'm looking forward to playing as him. What part do you not like?

I'm certainly interested in playing as Sonic - I always go for the hard and fast characters. I imagine though he'll be in the "Amazing if you can handle him" zone with Fox.

Is it just me or is the Sonic character model completely different to existing Sonic models?

He looks totally different to the Adventure model/Secret Rings/Olympics models.

He looks snide. Infact Sonic looks awful. There I said it. I'm blown away by the inclusion of Sonic. And if advertised correctly this could be a HUGE benefit to the game (if they go for the whole Sonic Vs Mario tagline). But with that character model I was slightly let down. Still, he's in! He just looks awkward.

Sonic looks better than other sega games did to him.

Sonic looks better than other sega games did to him.

true, but i thought he looked ok in riders and SA2 (in it's time)

Maybe yeah. I liked the "compact" design of him in Sonic Adventure 2.

He just looks HUGE in this. I always thought he was smaller. He stands as bulky as Link in the video.

I personally just think he is perhaps a little too big.

Note the comparisons from the original design...He now looks a little too "human" They've practically tried to shoehorn the Sonic universe into real-life. Bring back Mobius :(

I'd love to see Sonic's stage set in Mobius: Green Hill Zone perhaps, but knowing SEGA it will be set in a boring, generic metropolis.

I see what you mean now - maybe Sonics been on a diet! :heh:

I think he looks fine though - I'm really impressed with how smooth the game is - running at a constant 60 frames per second is really impressive.

This and Mario Galaxy are really showing what the Wii is capable of when pushed.

Hopefully 3rd parties are waking up to pushing the hardware now - its about time!

: peace:

My initial reaction on Sonic's model was that the face was wrong. The smile seemed a bit too small or something.

My initial reaction on Sonic's model was that the face was wrong. The smile seemed a bit too small or something.

yea, i thought that too, but it's not overwhelming like "ZOMG HIS MOUTH 1$ 4WKWARD!!! CAN"T PLAY thIS GAME NO MOA!!"

Who agrees that the boxart for this game MUST have Snake and Sonic included!!? Super Sales.

Just thought of something; wouldn't it be cool if while Link is doing his Final Smash that TP tune plays, you know, the main theme of TP - the tune that plays when he attacks the bosses. Uber.

I have to say this game surpasses my expectations every time I see new stuff of it. It's SO good.

Who agrees that the boxart for this game MUST have Snake and Sonic included!!? Super Sales..

I think they will put them on the back and say 'Snake and Sonic etc guest appearing in SSBB'

Official boxart:

objbrawlect.jpg

So that turned out to be official after all? Shame Sonic and Snake aren't on the front.

Official boxart:

I hope we get a good one. That's a total waste of the franchise.

1. The images look like some fan attempted to make them more "realistic" and failed

2. They're just standing around. We need some interaction between characters.

3. No Snake or Sonic.

4. Very poor background.

They never said that did they? They just said you could use them once, we didn't know if it was per Smash Ball or per match. It's per Smash Ball otherwise you could never return to Samus when playing as ZSS.

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once.and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item indeed.

I would say it's up for interpretation whether it's one per match or one per Smash Ball. I hope it's the last, as the other seems ... very limited.

Oh, and has it been confirmed that Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash will turn her back into Power Suit Samus? It's a brilliant idea. (I wonder why I didn't think of it. :D)

And has the boxart been confirmed as official? A tad disappointing, maybe.

I would say it's up for interpretation whether it's one per match or one per Smash Ball. I hope it's the last, as the other seems ... very limited.

Oh, and has it been confirmed that Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash will turn her back into Power Suit Samus? It's a brilliant idea. (I wonder why I didn't think of it. :D)

And has the boxart been confirmed as official? A tad disappointing, maybe.

In one of the demo videos, this one to be exact: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F92Vo4cLwnU, you can see Pit getting 2 Final Smashes in one match so it's one per Ball but you can get more than one in a match. :D

I think it would be a great idea for Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash to be able to return her power suit. But we don't know yet if that's the case. In one of the videos she (ZSS) almost got a second Smash Ball but then the time ran out. :p

well just been reading IGN's awesome FAQ;

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/809/809868p1.html

and I'm simply more excited than ever now!

One thing is what controller will people be using? I'll be using classic controller I think...won't be missing out on rumble anyway as I use a wavebird and I just feel like its the sort of the game where I will want to use this consoles normal controller to make it feel more like a new game on a new console..

Maybe yeah. I liked the "compact" design of him in Sonic Adventure 2.

He just looks HUGE in this. I always thought he was smaller. He stands as bulky as Link in the video.

I personally just think he is perhaps a little too big.

Note the comparisons from the original design...He now looks a little too "human" They've practically tried to shoehorn the Sonic universe into real-life. Bring back Mobius :(

I'd love to see Sonic's stage set in Mobius: Green Hill Zone perhaps, but knowing SEGA it will be set in a boring, generic metropolis.

I see what you mean, but remember Sonic is a teenager, he's still growing :heh:

One thing is what controller will people be using? I'll be using classic controller I think...won't be missing out on rumble anyway as I use a wavebird and I just feel like its the sort of the game where I will want to use this consoles normal controller to make it feel more like a new game on a new console..

I think I'll try the Wiimote setup for a bit, but after that I am going to use my GameCube controllers.

Could someone please c&p the IGN faq. For some reason IGN is one of the sites blocked by the chinese government.