NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I was going to import Smash Bros! DAMN IT!

Ok, a part of me is actually happy they delayed it, as it was so unfair to Europe wasn't it?

I can wait...kinda...not....

i hope we will get a worldwide release

and maybe the delay is about new third party characters that also wanted their characters in it?

todays update shocked me a bit i was really surprised great update

Wii Fit will be relased on December 1 in Japan. Would be overkill to release Mario Galaxy, Smash Brawl and Wii Fit at the same time.

Wii Fit will be relased on December 1 in Japan. Would be overkill to release Mario Galaxy, Smash Brawl and Wii Fit at the same time.

Yeah but USA aren't getting Wii Fit this year....unless the Smash Bros delay means they are?

Yeah but USA aren't getting Wii Fit this year....unless the Smash Bros delay means they are?

It's not delayed in the US. Still Dec 3.

Nice.

Well, I almost died from anticipacing when I saw those trailers. They look så sweet!

I do hope that Sonic has far better jumping capabilities than Fox had (has?); if he has, I will be using Sonic I guess.

We know at least one special move: The roll, like Yoshi's egg roll and Jigglypuff's... mad roll. Hah. But it sems that Sonic can do it on the spot (in the clip he pushed Donkey Kong away with the roll.)

It might also seem that he has a kick-attack from mid-air like Falcon and Ganondorf, right? He made it on Pit's stage in his trailer.

I can't wait for impressions of the game when people have tried it! :D

Yeah, And I bloody hope he's in it too Petey :heh:

Everything's so Kirby-esque (sp?) in Smash Bros., yet Kirby's been the only playable character until this one. Having 3 Kirby characters is hardly streaching it, which is also why Ridley should be in it too. :)

I'm hoping for Megaman now. :heh: That would be it for 3rd parties, appart from maybe Pac Man, obviously with an upgraded model of Pac Man World :heh:

There'd be a representitive from all the big Japanese publishers if those two are added aswell.

......Now I'm also thinking Bomberman!!...AAAAHHHHH!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

Those trailers were awesome!!

I love the Smash Bros. Theme SO much!

Sonic looks awesome in brawl! and a great move set!

And the gameplay video... just WOW!!

Oh...My...God....

I mean we saw it coming....But this is still monumental!!! I just woke up on my sickie and saw this! Sonic seems to have great move-sets. I can't waaaiiittt.

I am also on the Megaman bandwagon, although Geno is gonna be a strong contender. I reckon its out of these two for the last remaining third party character, if there is one...

Monster Hunter 3, increased Capcom support gives rise to a greater possibility of Megaman.

Greater support from SE with FF:CC Wii ware and other efforts gives rise to a greater possibility of Geno as well.

Purely on statistics, Geno will take it out, as he was one of the most requested third party characters, other than Sonic who was numero uno and got in as a result, but at the end of the day, its whatever company shows greatest interest and can strike a suitable royalty deal with Nintendo that benefits both parties involved...

I am also on the Megaman bandwagon, although Geno is gonna be a strong contender. I reckon its out of these two for the last remaining third party character, if there is one...

Monster Hunter 3, increased Capcom support gives rise to a greater possibility of Megaman.

Greater support from SE with FF:CC Wii ware and other efforts gives rise to a greater possibility of Geno as well.

Purely on statistics, Geno will take it out, as he is one of the most request third party characters, other than Sonic who was numero uno and got in as a result, but at the end of the day, its whatever company shows greatest interest and can strike a suitable royalty deal for both parties...

What the heck, I'm with the Pirahna, he was right with the Sonic announcement after all. : peace:

The amount of content in Brawl is simply staggering.

I mean, they basically used Melee's engine and improved on some aspects but they've squeezed so much into 2 years development.

Its true, its seems like more than double the size of Melee. You know this games is going to be one of those lifetime, OOT-like games. Gosh...I might get a bit teary-eyed when I get this.

OH YES SAKURAI! RIGHT IN MY FACE! OH YEAH!

Hellfire, your comments have been awesome all morning! Made me laugh something rotten each time! Cheers man, work is boring as hell, I needed it! Ha ha

Hellfire, your comments have been awesome all morning! Made me laugh something rotten each time! Cheers man, work is boring as hell, I needed it! Ha ha

I'm at your service! :)

Press Release

Super Smash Bros. Goes Super Sonic!

SEGA's gaming legend Sonic The Hedgehog to feature in Super Smash Bros Brawl for Wii

10th October, 2007- Nintendo of Europe and SEGA Europe Ltd today revealed that Sonic, SEGA’s legendary blue hedgehog, will be making his debut in the eagerly anticipated beat ‘em up, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. This brawling, battling, action packed video game features a varied roster of characters, from Mario to Link to Zero Suite Samus and now players can choose the iconic hedgehog to go into battle with.

Sonic made his first appearance in 1991, appearing in Sonic The Hedgehog™ for the SEGA MEGADRIVE™, and quickly became a well-known household name, securing a dedicated following across the globe. Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. series has been a firm favourite since the first title launched in 1999 on the Nintendo 64, and since the launch of Super Smash Bros. Melee for Nintendo GameCube, it has since gone on to have millions of fans worldwide.

Laurent Fischer, European Managing Director for Marketing and PR commented:

“I am very pleased that Nintendo is extending its relationship with SEGA in this way and that our gaming icons can come together in such an action packed title. I am sure many fans will share my enthusiasm to see Sonic appear Super Smash Bros. Brawl to battle it out with a whole host of Nintendo favourites!”

Mike Hayes, President and COO of SEGA Europe commented:

”Its amazing that after all these years we get to see these two much loved characters compete against each other in another fantastic title. Bringing Mario and Sonic together again underlines the continuing partnerships between Nintendo and SEGA, and produces another industry first for our two companies.”

In the forthcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, players will for the first time be able to complete in online multiplayer battles for up to four players. The game will also contain an all-new adventure mode called Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, where players can select their favourite character before embarking on an adventure to conquer giant bosses from the Nintendo Universe. There will also be a variety of stages where players can commence battles, including Delfino Plaza, Yoshi’s Island and Sky World.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will launch across Europe on Wii early 2008 at an estimated retail price of €60.

lol at "Zero Suite Samus"

Fuck, when "Live and Learn" came on in the Sonic trailer, i almost pissed myself.

Super cheesy as always, Sonic looks like by far the fastest character going and the new trailers are awesome!

LIVE AND LEEEARN

HOLY SHIT YES.

What an update.

The American delay means we'll be getting the daily updates for longer than I was expecting, so I'm pleased. :) Hopefully there'll be a worldwide release, and the European translators are working on those trophies now!

Press Release

lol at "Zero Suite Samus"

I think you can get a good deal on that at DFS.

I hope thats not the extent of the 3rd party characters. I still want to see Simon Belmont, Mog and Mega Man!