NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

peach is lying on the floor.. jump down+B with bowser and take a picture while he is still in the area is gas.

Also It can can look like Alien when toad pops out of peach:)

Oh, I almost forgot. My Top 5 are:

5-Jill (Drill Dozer): Because she's interesting and unique.

4-Blue A.K.A. Gary (Pokémon): Because he's the most awesome trainer of all.

3-Megaman: Must I explain this one?

2-Muddy (Mole Mania): Personal favorite. Of all the obscure games of my childhood that weren't represented in Melee, this one and Lolo are the only ones who have a good chance at entering.

1-Ridley (Metroid): Because he's unique, awesome and badass.

4-Blue A.K.A. Gary (Pokémon): Because he's the most awesome trainer of all.

He could turn out to be the Pokemon trainer in a different costume, just like Daisy was in Melee.

Oh, I almost forgot. My Top 5 are:

3-Megaman: Must I explain this one?

Actually please do it's not like he's in enough games as it is. PLus maybe after 20 years they will give the ability to duck and shoot diagonally.

Yes i love megaman:)

I take it is the top 5 characters in smash you want annouced so here.

1: sonic- The classic sonic though not the one with green eyes.

2: lara croft- Maybe angelina jolie?

3: stone cold steve austin- the bald guy that was in wwe

4: The energizer bunny- from the energizer ads

5: greg the grim reaper- from conker

Today's first screen, where Bowser has just hit Samus, looks amazing. The background makes it look epic.

He could turn out to be the Pokemon trainer in a different costume, just like Daisy was in Melee.

Yeah, that sucked, but she'd only be a clone of Peach.

Yeah, that sucked, but she'd only be a clone of Peach.

I hope they do the same again, but take it one step further - by having different models. (that are a very similar size and shape to the original models so it doesn't change any gameplay). Like Mario: Shadow Mario (from Sunshine), Link: OoT Link, Sonic: Shadow, Kirby: Naked Meta Knight, etc. Would be a nice extra touch.

Hmmm it would be nice to see some of these faces pop up in the game as playable characters or just in the background

1. Toad

2. Captain Olimar

3. Doshin the Giant

4. Andy from Advance Wars

5. R.O.B

6. Kamek

A possible "clone" character could be the female Pokémon trainer, using the 3 starters from Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl...

Anyway, the 5 Nintendo characters I'd love to see would be:

1- Andy, or anyone else from Advance Wars

2- King Dedede (why Metaknight and not Dedede?)

3- Tingle (it could be the new Pichu, only a lot more annoying)

4- Professor E. Gadd

5- Diddy Kong

Just like someone stated before, I think Stafi is very very likely to appear in Brawl.

My top 5 wants:

1. Ridley - Based on the Melee intro Model (which, incidentally, is also the right size for Smash Bros). His wings would also suit Brawl having more air focus.

2. Sonic - Everyone thinks it's going to happen, and so it should. They probably won't announce it until a week before the Brawl is out in the US (or Japan) to let MaSatOG have the Mario/Sonic pride.

3. Krystal - As she's now an important part of Star Fox games, I think Krystal would make a good character, especially with her Staff.

4. Captain Olimar - Resized, obviously. Pikmin would make for some interesting attacks. Olimar should do the basic smash attacks (A button) himself. He does fight creatures himself in the games, anyway.

5. Paper Mario - Would be the second "flat" playable character in Smash Bros, and his Paper abilities would be great.

As for other 3rd party characters....well I would say that Lara Croft would be more deserving than Snake (if it weren't from Smash Bros) due to Snake still "favouring" Sony...then again, unless Nintendo change their mind, her main assets (ok....second main assets), her pistols, wouldn't be in the game. Viewtiful Joe would suit Smash Bros, and he was designed for a Nintendo console. Would there be a buzz if Nintendo put in a Moogle from FF in it? (As NoA published FFCC).

My top 5 wants:

1. Ridley - Based on the Melee intro Model (which, incidentally, is also the right size for Smash Bros). His wings would also suit Brawl having more air focus.

2. Sonic - Everyone thinks it's going to happen, and so it should. They probably won't announce it until a week before the Brawl is out in the US (or Japan) to let MaSatOG have the Mario/Sonic pride.

3. Krystal - As she's now an important part of Star Fox games, I think Krystal would make a good character, especially with her Staff.

4. Captain Olimar - Resized, obviously. Pikmin would make for some interesting attacks. Olimar should do the basic smash attacks (A button) himself. He does fight creatures himself in the games, anyway.

5. Paper Mario - Would be the second "flat" playable character in Smash Bros, and his Paper abilities would be great.

Good choices! I'd be happy with those 5 characters, except for maybe Sonic, as I'm not all that keen on him in Smash Bros!

(Melee intro) Ridley though for sure!

After them emphasising (perhaps unnecessarily) the 'grapple' recovery move this week, and that other new characters may also have such a move,

I wouldn't be surprised if Snakes Up+B is a grappling hook gun.

A possible "clone" character could be the female Pokémon trainer, using the 3 starters from Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl...

I don't think they can change pokemons due to the huge differences in anatomy which completely change the way to move. With a simple example, none has wings like Charizard. If they want to do that, they'll hav to take pokemon with very close shapes to the original ones.

And since everybody is making his list:

1-Ridley: Metroid franchise need another representative and Ridley is the best one since he is in most games. Furthermore, a heavy flying character would be pretty unique. Some people advance size issues but in Melee intro and Metroid one on Nes, he is just a little taller than Samus (and every character is resize in Smash bros)

2-Little Mac: another retro character and a way to hype a future punch-out game which would perfectly fit to Wii controls

3-Kaptain K.Rool: I love this guy and I think the Kaptain avatar is the best in terms of potential moveset and personality. Diddy is also deserving but I'm less keen on.

4-Geno: Bring him back from the past!!

5-Captain Olimar: could be a very original character.

6-Sonic/Megaman: To know if it's Megaman or Mario the best. A question that many were arguing at school. The same for Megaman and Samus.

I'd also like to see Stafy, Krystal (we don't have a staff wielder), Bowser Jr (which can paint a huge piranha plant in the middle of the stage as a final smash), Tom Nook, Deathborn (obviously), Takamaru, Ray (from Custom Robo), Chibi Robo,... and, for third parties, Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mog.

only sonic really, i feel megaman would be a clone of samus

But Mega Man doesn't drop bombs. Or screw people.

I don't think they can change pokemons due to the huge differences in anatomy which completely change the way to move. With a simple example, none has wings like Charizard. If they want to do that, they'll hav to take pokemon with very close shapes to the original ones.

And since everybody is making his list:

1-Ridley: Metroid franchise need another representative and Ridley is the best one since he is in most games. Furthermore, a heavy flying character would be pretty unique. Some people advance size issues but in Melee intro and Metroid one on Nes, he is just a little taller than Samus (and every character is resize in Smash bros)

2-Little Mac: another retro character and a way to hype a future punch-out game which would perfectly fit to Wii controls

3-Kaptain K.Rool: I love this guy and I think the Kaptain avatar is the best in terms of potential moveset and personality. Diddy is also deserving but I'm less keen on.

4-Geno: Bring him back from the past!!

5-Captain Olimar: could be a very original character.

6-Sonic/Megaman: To know if it's Megaman or Mario the best. A question that many were arguing at school. The same for Megaman and Samus.

I'd also like to see Stafy, Krystal (we don't have a staff wielder), Bowser Jr (which can paint a huge piranha plant in the middle of the stage as a final smash), Tom Nook, Deathborn (obviously), Takamaru, Ray (from Custom Robo), Chibi Robo,... and, for third parties, Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mog.

yeah i totally forgot about them Goemon and Simon belmont cool

Hmmm it would be nice to see some of these faces pop up in the game as playable characters or just in the background

1. Toad

2. Captain Olimar

3. Doshin the Giant

4. Andy from Advance Wars

5. R.O.B

6. Kamek

Didja hear about the conspiracy theory that Toad was playable in Melee? Some smart-ass computer nerd (probably Caris), pasted piccies of Toad onto Melee screens, and it actually looked believable. The biggest conspiracy since the triforce in OOT.

Didja hear about the conspiracy theory that Toad was playable in Melee? Some smart-ass computer nerd (probably Caris), pasted piccies of Toad onto Melee screens, and it actually looked believable. The biggest conspiracy since the triforce in OOT.

you right about caris lol

Toad wasn't in melee; opening up the debug menu proves it.

Toad wasn't in melee; opening up the debug menu proves it.

Yes he was. Not playable, though

Wait caris is smart now?

I'm scared now after saying that

Wasn't Toad Peach's protective character or something? And he definately ran around in the background in the adventure mode on the 1st level.

Wasn't Toad Peach's protective character or something? And he definately ran around in the background in the adventure mode on the 1st level.

he was inside peach literally. i think a down+b got him out so that he could be blasted with whatever it was..