NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

If I read correctly:

- Collectable trophies are back

- He hints towards saving screenshots from in-hame pause menu, too.

I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers.

Notice the letter "a", it doesn't say THE which would mean it was the sole collection element in the game.

I like it, but I am already seeing a large number of people moan about this new sticker element including a few already in this forum, saying that as long as trophies are still in everything will be fine. It would be such a disgrace not being able to zoom in on upskirt like you could with a certain female character trophy, zoom in on tight ass, crotch or full on breasts (sarcasm). Isn't the world wide web enough for you people?

Not really interested in today's update - it's just a way of re-using a load of artwork that we've already seen countless times on the Net and in magazines. I doubt very much that people are going to want to spend ages making collages out of these, especially as the white borders around each sticker means they don't sit well on top of each other. As long as they haven't got rid of trophies, though, I'll be happy.

QFT.

I'll collect as many of these things as possible sinc I'm a collectible addict but I really don't see the interest of making collages. Maybe japanese people will find it more interesting.

I love artworks but those ones seems to be just generic ones, not the magnificent and interesting kind you unlock in Metroid Prime series.

But anyway, trophies! I hope they made special trophies such as animated ones or talking trophies (like in RE4).

I'd like to see an online trading system for collectables in Brawl. In Melee, I literally got 100+ Mario trophies, yet I could do nothing with him. With online trade, you could trade with other players around the world for collectibles you don't have while getting rid of your doubles...

- He hints towards saving screenshots from in-hame pause menu, too.

It's not really a hint, more of him telling us :)

This game seems to e absolutely chocker - they're ramming everything in this game arent they? Great though, I just dont see where they can go from here for the next one, or should I not worry about that?

Trophies are definately in the game, surely?...they can't get rid of the trophies.....can they? :confused:

(This is a fun extra mode where you can enjoy decorating things by putting stickers on them. You can even make single frame comics with them. )

Does that mean you can add text to make a kind of Comic book? that would be cool

and i like to collect things in games

would be cool to trade them online or maybe when you battle online you can place a bet with your collection and the winners gets it

It's not really a hint, more of him telling us :)

I think he's saying you can save your 'single-frame comic book'. Might be wrong though.

I like it, but I am already seeing a large number of people moan about this new sticker element including a few already in this forum, saying that as long as trophies are still in everything will be fine. It would be such a disgrace not being able to zoom in on upskirt like you could with a certain female character trophy, zoom in on tight ass, crotch or full on breasts (sarcasm). Isn't the world wide web enough for you people?

Maybe that's what you do with trophies, but I happen to think that 3D models that have been designed especially for the game are better than 2D, recycled art from old games. :p

This update was a bit meh. Maybe it's more fun than it looks. Maybe I'll mess around with them after collecting a handful of them.

I still prefer trophies and they BETTER be back. That's one of the things from melee that needs to return. No game does it better than Smash Bros when it comes to collectable trophies (Wind Waker's system was great, but still).

I think the update was good, I think we should get a bit of soft news once in a while (After all we have been getting very good updates lately) So yeah I am fine with it.

Nice update. I love the fact, that some of the stickers are based upon promotional art. We might get to see some rare pieces too. I for one, have not seen that Donkey Kong image before.

I just hope the stickers don't look out of place when they appear on-screen, during battles.

Think you'll find the vast majority enjoy colecting the trophies to see the 3D models and read about the characters!

Stickers just seem a pointless addition to me and, dare I say it, a bit of a 'kiddie' tack-on!

Trophies are the way to go in Brawl, LOTS of them, some really challenging to obtain and a few secret one hidden away!

I just hope the stickers don't look out of place when they appear on-screen, during battles.

Isn't there a picture of an on-screen sticker in the update?

Ok, crunch time.

Trophies or Online Mode?

(Assuming theres the situation where only one feature could be incorporated into the final game)...

I'd like to see an online trading system for collectables in Brawl. In Melee, I literally got 100+ Mario trophies, yet I could do nothing with him. With online trade, you could trade with other players around the world for collectibles you don't have while getting rid of your doubles...

Flash back to collecting stickers at school.

"Got, got, got, got, got, need, got, got, need, got, need I'll take this one"

"No it's two for a shiny one"

Umm... cool?

It's nice that you can save screenshots from pausing this time, rather than having to go to that retarded camera mode. Hopefully you'll also be able to save replays of fights.

Flash back to collecting stickers at school.

"Got, got, got, got, got, need, got, got, need, got, need I'll take this one"

"No it's two for a shiny one"

Ahhhhh the memories:

And you always got 2 Scotish players per sticker!!!

!Got, Need, Got, Need, Need, Got... ooh Swapsies!!!"

Ok, crunch time.

Trophies or Online Mode?

(Assuming theres the situation where only one feature could be incorporated into the final game)...

Definitely online mode for me! Trophies were cool, and the stickers seem ... less cool - but it honestly isn't important for me. It would be cool - but not a necessity.

i wonder will the camera return? That was hilarious in the other game. the amount of pervy scenes with peach you can do is great.

The wii mote would be used to great use with the controls cause they were slightly awkward ith the other one.

i wonder will the camera return? That was hilarious in the other game. the amount of pervy scenes with peach you can do is great.

The wii mote would be used to great use with the controls cause they were slightly awkward ith the other one.

Yeah, and hopefully we can take pictures directly in battle mode like Zell mentioned - i.e. not having to go into that stupid camera mode. All the cool stills you get are often results of incidental pausing of the game - but you can't snap them as you aren't in camera mode.