NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I think you worded it just fine the first time. 'Straightforward gameplay' meaning that it's easy to play, never mind how much depth there is to it.

Yeah, but some of the others didn't seem to catch my point and it seemed to be because I used the word "straightforward". Therefore, I tried to re-explain it. :)

Well, he was the one he used the word, I'm pretty sure he should be the one to define it

My definiton was pretty much the same as Patch's. ;)

Also, for future reference, no one uses items in anything that resembles high level play.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that elite players don't use items, or ...?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that elite players don't use items, or ...?

In pro tournaments, items are turned off completely. This is because of the random factor associated with items.

In pro tournaments, items are turned off completely. This is because of the random factor associated with items.

So pros aren't good enough to adapt their style on the fly?

by appearing?

it would like kinda lame dont you think?

as for the update, was mildly interesting, but assist trophies arnt what i wanna know about!

I'm pretty sure they're more than capable, it's just that it would be pretty unfair if a heart container appeared directly in front of someone or if someone who was losing badly gets a baseball bat and turns the tide of a match. Imagine if that happenned in a final of a tournament, would be a pretty empty victory. woot 2000 posts

This game looks so much more original than Melee... 2008 is so far away :sad:

the sales for this game will be HUGE

and i think for all these characters bowser need to watch out couse only his final smash will save him from these characters haha

I'm pretty sure they're more than capable, it's just that it would be pretty unfair if a heart container appeared directly in front of someone or if someone who was losing badly gets a baseball bat and turns the tide of a match. Imagine if that happenned in a final of a tournament, would be a pretty empty victory.

Or if you smash someone and an explosive crate appears right before you do the attack, costing you a stock. That happens to me a lot.

How come the cool new characters are only announced when I'm on vacations?

-Franklin Badge: Meh. Cool, I guess. The best part was the comments from Sakurai.

-Demon: I like this one. How will stages like Rumble Falls, Eldin Bridge, Onett and Big Blue react to this fellow?

-Pokémon Trainer: Hell Yeah! I'm psyched with this guy!:yay:

Squirtle was always my favourite starter and Charizard is cool as well. Plus, I always thought that Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur would make interesting characters.

Goes to prove that Sakurai and his team are miles ahead of us when it comes to creative ideas.

I'm calling this guy "Red", though. It was his name back in Gold/Silver. I wonder if there are more trainers out there. Playing as Blue, Lance or Steven would kick many kinds of ass.

Man, the last time I was this excited to play as a fighting game character was when I heard Sheik was playable in Melee.

EDIT: About the crates, I recall one time in a 5-Stock with 4-Players. Two humans and two CPUs. Me and my friend practiced against the CPUs and then we would battle it out between us. I played Donkey Kong.

When it was just the two of us, 1 stock each, I started to charge my giant punch. He didn't move out of caution. A crate appeared out of nowhere and fell on top of DK's arm, KO'ing him and costing me the match.

Needless to say, I hate crates ever since and wish you could turn them off.

Have you seen pro's playing with items? Their bloody amazing with them anyway; it's just the matches are far less interesting to watch.

This trophy is awesome! It's just so random! I know I'll do my part to keep the mayhem.

I've just noticed thai items from games without playable characters in Brawl have the Smash icon, wheras others have a franchise-related icon.

Based on the icons, there will be:

- Captain Falcon (F-Zero Icon)

- Ness (Earthbound Icon)

- Animal Crossing character.

Plus we also know about Meta Knight, Peach and Solid Snake, and wasn't Shiek mentioned in an interview?

I've just noticed thai items from games without playable characters in Brawl have the Smash icon, wheras others have a franchise-related icon.

Based on the icons, there will be:

- Captain Falcon (F-Zero Icon)

- Ness (Earthbound Icon)

- Animal Crossing character.

Plus we also know about Meta Knight, Peach and Solid Snake, and wasn't Shiek mentioned in an interview?

Sheik was mentioned, together with Ganondorf.

Hm, interesting discussion, actually: Items vs. No Items. Items can easily give an unfair victory, but some might say it's a part of the game and therefore should be included. I don't really know. It could be more interesting without items, but if the players aren't almost completely even matched, it will get boring, as one player will quickly gain the upper hand and keep it for the rest of the match.

Hm, interesting discussion, actually: Items vs. No Items. Items can easily give an unfair victory, but some might say it's a part of the game and therefore should be included. I don't really know. It could be more interesting without items, but if the players aren't almost completely even matched, it will get boring, as one player will quickly gain the upper hand and keep it for the rest of the match.

There's nothing wrong with playing with items for a laugh and if you play competitively.

If you play competitively however you won't even touch items; the gameplay is far too fast to even consider catching/grabbing them.

Anyway, this argument has been going on for a while; everyone has their own view. When Brawl comes out i'll be completely fine using items during the single player; it comes in handy when you're not used to playing as characters. There's also the fact that you can't react fast enough when you first get the game because you're not used to pulling off some moves/combos.

I like the fact that Smash has items in; it makes it easier to have fun with those who never really play the game so they can get into it better. That said, i like to play the game without items because I can appreciate how much depth there is. I would never have learnt how to wall-tech, L-cancel etc if items were on.

In my opinion, if there aren't items, it's no Smash game. Friends+Pichu+a tons of Pokeballs= Pure fun! At least me and my friends had a lot of fun^^'

Nice update today, i never thought there would be an unhelpfull assist trophy.

How come the cool new characters are only announced when I'm on vacations?

Please, go on vacations as often as you can.

Nice trophy! It will be madness when this guy will appear.

This game is making more eager to get a Wii.

I actually had the idea for a Pokemon trainer character yonks ago, but it was different. the trainer actually was controlable, and his attack were all Pokemon.

Ninty's way is much better though! :)

yeah i still want to know his final smash it is or a legendary pokemon comes out or all three will do a powerfull attack at once .

i also onder if charizard can fly in the game at least for a couple of seconds

i hope online will be in it becouse i cant wait to challenge people al over the world , at home no one can beat me with fighting games also the melee version no one could beat me so thats why i want online :P

I've just had an insane thought on the trainer's final smash. What about the 3 elemental hyper beams? You know, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon. To the best of my knowledge, the three Red & Blue starters are capable of learning them, and they are pretty devastating. Just a thought.

There's nothing wrong with playing with items for a laugh and if you play competitively.

If you play competitively however you won't even touch items; the gameplay is far too fast to even consider catching/grabbing them.

Anyway, this argument has been going on for a while; everyone has their own view. When Brawl comes out i'll be completely fine using items during the single player; it comes in handy when you're not used to playing as characters. There's also the fact that you can't react fast enough when you first get the game because you're not used to pulling off some moves/combos.

I don't think that items are removed because the gameplay is too fast, it's because they're random and skew the results of the match.

I've heard people say that having items on makes the game more fun, but how can anyone argue to include them in tournament play?

Stickers:

I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers.

Yes, the ones you slap on your notebook or skateboard or whatever. Stickers.

various03_070815a.jpg

This...is a sticker.

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

various03_070815b.jpg

Stickers get filed away in your album.

There are big ones and small ones, all with different kinds of artwork. There’s a ton of variety.

various03_070815c.jpg

Now stick one on! Sticky, sticky...

This is a fun extra mode where you can enjoy decorating things by putting stickers on them. You can even make single frame comics with them.

various03_070815d.jpg

And rumor is, you can even save screenshots?!

various03_070815e.jpg

various03_070815f.jpg

Another collection thing... but this time I don't care.

The interesting thing for me is that they pratically say trophies are back.

Great update today! LOVE the idea of collecting the stickers, adds even more replay value!

Not really interested in today's update - it's just a way of re-using a load of artwork that we've already seen countless times on the Net and in magazines. I doubt very much that people are going to want to spend ages making collages out of these, especially as the white borders around each sticker means they don't sit well on top of each other. As long as they haven't got rid of trophies, though, I'll be happy.

EDIT: The menu design reminds me so much of Kirby Air Ride... Not the sort of look I'd think Smash Bros needs!