NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I'm not actually that impressed that the clawshot now "homes in", all it really does is take away some of the skill. Hopefully though, this will allow for cooler stuff that wasn't possible before.

I'm not actually that impressed that the clawshot now "homes in", all it really does is take away some of the skill. Hopefully though, this will allow for cooler stuff that wasn't possible before.

I don't suppose it'll work 10 km away from the ledge and it makes sense, cause that way Link can point up with the clawshot without needing to complicate the controls. But yeah, I get your point, it does take some skill out.

I don't suppose it'll work 10 km away from the ledge and it makes sense, cause that way Link can point up with the clawshot without needing to complicate the controls. But yeah, I get your point, it does take some skill out.

Seeing the spin attack can be charged, I think it will not be as efficient as before to recover. An aiming clawshot is just a way to compensate that.

Your forgotten that the spin attack has to be charge up now.

Also IGN Boards are moaning about Link new moves. :indeed:

Your forgotten that the spin attack has to be charge up now.

Also IGN Boards are moaning about Link new moves. :indeed:

no it doesnt say you have to charge it every time to do a spin attack they only added a feature to charge it to give more Damage to the foe but at a cost

you can still do the spin attack at once

This update is pretty cool.

Contrary to the average opinion in here, I think the homing Clawshot is a good idea. The Hookshot was simply too useless in Melee, as you had to time it perfectly to get it right (failure resulted in a guarateed death), and considering the Spin Attack was more efficient, the Hookshot was completely unnecessary.

I don't think the Spin Attack will be any less useful for recovering. Looking from a pure technical view, the only difference will be that we have to let go of the stick and button for Link to starting spinning.

the Hookshot was completely unnecessary.
Both the hookshot and grapple beam were great for unexpectedly grabbing an opponent at times!

Both the hookshot and grapple beam were great for unexpectedly grabbing an opponent at times!

Fair enough, I was only referring to the ledge-grabbing technique.

Oh, how I hated fighting Samus and getting beam-grappled all the time. ;)

Oh, how I hated fighting Samus and getting beam-grappled all the time. ;)

I hated Samus missle spam even more. My friend had an annoying habit of that.

it was the charging beam out of no where that i hated, your about to smash them when boom you fly off the screen, damn charge!

The Hookshot was simply too useless in Melee,

You're crazy. CRAZY!

it was the charging beam out of no where that i hated, your about to smash them when boom you fly off the screen, damn charge!

You gave them time to charge? Fool.

You gave them time to charge? Fool.

you don't have time to deal with the other 2 and stop the player from jumping away to charge

looks fake, he seems a little more in the foreground then any one else, and his hand is flat out, not grabbing the playform as the shot surgests.

I really would have loved Link to be the transforming character of Brawl - in that he turns into ole Blue-eyed Beast (aka wolf Link). As a wolf, he would be much more agile.

The Subspace Army

modea03_070821a.jpg

"The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister.

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

The Ancient Minister.

modea03_070821c-l.jpg

The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations.

Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace Bombs to do so.

modea03_070821d-l.jpg

The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace Bomb are needed to detonate the device.

When a Subspace Bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

modea03_070821e-l.jpg

Kaboom! The stadium is engulfed!

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.

The subspace army? so that was what those little guys in the trailer are.

lol, R.O.Bs are used to detonate subspace bombs.

New screens ftw ^_^

Petley Pirana!! Looks like he's the first boss of the game.

edit: Oh, and it's obvious that The Ancient Minister is Meta Knight.

Oh, and it's obvious that The Ancient Minister is Meta Knight.

I don't think so. He's not really the psychopathic, universe destroying type.

i really loved this update and no i dont think its metaknight meta knight was only a rival of kirby and nothing more and metaknight wasn't a Ancient creature wo wanted to destroy a univers or a world he was more a Respectable warior who's the only rival to kirby not really a bad bad Guy ,

i like the part in the video where you see mario running with incredible speed to the bomb and then got blown away

i want to see more videos thats way better then pics by watching the vids it almost feels like watching a tv episode haha,

wait a minute i just found out something i think it can be Meta knight after all maybe he is posessed by the Subspace army higher leader becouse he is only a minister it says right so maybe there is a President or emperor / king

becouse look at these two images and compare their eyes they are the same and metaknight easily fits in there becouse he is standing on something

Meta knight

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060518045431849-000.jpg

The ancient minister

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

so i have to get back on wat i said earlier haha;)

I don't think that the Ancient Minister is Meta Knight, but the similar eyes and the fact that Meta Knight's ship is involved certainly suggests some kind of link.