NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Actually, his Up air looked a lot like Sheik's, not Falcon or GanonDorf

He flips all the way around though doesn't he?

He flips all the way around though doesn't he?

In his air moves? Yeah, he does. A lot.

uporg1214234.png

Would 44 characters be enough for you? If this was the final roster I can still see people moaning! lol

A little insight someone pointed out for me:

First look at this sticker power-up image:

modea12_080118a-l.jpg

The blank space means that anyone can use it. Other stickers has specific characters on (usually from the same franchise).

There's one picture with an Animal Crossing sticker on, conveniently zoomed in...

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

Look where the icons should be....there's a letter "U". Possibly for "Unknown". Would point towards an Animal Crossing Character.

modea12_080118a-l.jpg

The blank space means that anyone can use it. Other stickers has specific characters on (usually from the same franchise).

There's one picture with an Animal Crossing sticker on, conveniently zoomed in...

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

Look where the icons should be....there's a letter "U". Possibly for "Unknown". Would point towards an Animal Crossing Character.

...And then there is the shield WW Link used.

Five. Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Intense. Intense, however, was made mostly for the curious, and Very Hard can be considered the highest level of play for standard playing purposes. By the way, the level of difficulty can also be adjusted for other modes of play and not just for The Subspace Emissary.

Haha. That section made me laugh. I bet there is still something for beating it though, sticker or music CD.

Not sure if interview stuff should be spoilerised.....

Todays update is great

and another thing i went to the Media Markt store and i Asked when will we get Smashbros they looked into their computer and they said 9 march :bowdown: i hope that is true then it means we get it the same time as Usa

Werent most of these games free when you unlocked them in Animal Crossing on the GameCube?

Werent most of these games free when you unlocked them in Animal Crossing on the GameCube?

Yep, those were the days before Nintendo realised how much money they could make by actually selling retro games.

Masterpieces

Well, what do we have here...?

various23_080125a-l.jpg

Yes, that’s Super Mario Bros.

Several memorable characters compete for brawl supremacy – that’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a nutshell.

But what about the past fights for each of those characters? What were they like?

It may sound impossible, but you can experience those battles in Brawl as well!

That’s right, for the first time ever, you can play trial versions of these games by the miracle of Virtual Console!

That’s what Masterpieces is! Here you can relive the greatest battles of the biggest star characters through demo versions of their games.

Here are some of the titles you can expect to see available in Brawl. Crazy, isn’t it?!

various23_080125b-l.jpg

world_w_14.gifIce Climber

(1986, NES)

various23_080125c-l.jpg

world_w_10.gifSuper Mario Bros.

(1987, NES)

various23_080125d-l.jpg

world_w_09.gifThe Legend of Zelda

(1987, NES)

various23_080125e-l.jpg

world_w_18.gifKid Icarus

(1987, NES)

various23_080125f-l.jpg

world_w_04.gifKirby’s Adventure

(1993, NES)

various23_080125h-l.jpg

world_w_06.gifSuper Metroid

(1994,Super NES)

various23_080125j-l.jpg

world_w_03.gifLylat Wars

(1997, Nintendo 64)

Whoaaa. Makes my head spin just seeing all those. You won’t need to be connected to Nintendo WFC to play these games.

Just remember, there are some NES classics in there as demos, so expect some of the time limits on those games to be so short that all you can do is laugh at how hard they are.

various23_080125k-l.jpg

I’m almost...at the top!

various23_080125l-l.jpg

Ahaha! Oh man, out of time already?!

That’s what a good demo is all about. It gives you just enough to let you appreciate the game. Plus it’s a lot of fun to see just how far you can go before the little time that you have runs out.

If you take a liking to one of the trial versions, you can always buy the full game through the Shop Channel! You might even find a couple of titles that divert your attention from Brawl for a while.

various23_080125m-l.jpg

Some titles come with save data.

But hmm, it seems there are still titles hiding in the Masterpieces section.

Titles?! What games don’t I know about?! That discovery is part of the fun, isn’t it?

Masterpieces are called masterpieces for a good reason, and each of the well-loved characters here come from a past that is worthy of that title.

To end, I’d like to take this opportunity to send my thanks to all the game creators and affiliated parties who helped in making this possible.

[/Quote]

Pretty cool update, too bad these are just trials.

Europe could get to play Earthbound, finally. :p Edit: After looking around it seems that Earthbound is only on the Japanese page together with Fire Emblem.

Could also be usable by. But I agree they could be hiding an Animal Crossing character there. A lot of people have been countering this by saying an Animal Crossing character couldn't use magic, but who knows what they've thought up.

I'm loving the Iwata Asks interview, they really give you much insight about the development of this game.

The bit about Shogo Sakai is pretty funny as well. :laughing:

modea12_080118a-l.jpg

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

various23_080125l-l.jpg

Absolutely perfect what Sakurais done here. Exactly what Nintendo should've been doing with Wii Shop in the first place, instead of being in a full retail software, having time limited playable demos in the Wii Shop to give a more accurate idea of a game instead of just tiny screenshots and a slab of text...

Perhaps one of the most unexpected features of Brawl and amazing too!

Though is he hinting at a new VC game we have never played before?

I can't watch the videos yet, what do they confirm/do?

They show the announced newcomers from the Dojo, and what games they're from, including videos from those games, and their moves.

Oh godddd! That video is great. Slick online play. And those demos are genious...But why don't Nintendo just incorporate this into their VC area? So Brawl is the key to playing demos of VC games?

jhow long do you rekon a good demo is 5 mins or 30 mins...?? i think the speed run idea is awesome

i sure hope this game turns out good cause right now my faith in nintendo is steadily falling...

Don't worry, even if it's the best thing ever, once the initial buzz pass, your faith will keep falling.