NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I like the sound of Petey's roster, minus the Animal Crossing villager. I'd rather have someone with a bit more personality in that place.

I see what you mean, especially physical appearance wise they are quite boring, but I do think that the Animal Crossing Villager has an extremely good chance of making it to the roster simply for the fact it can use the Fishing Rod, Bug Net, among other actions in the game in the moveset.

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp

Volume 2 of Iwata asks.

Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different

Sounds like no playable Miis (They're still likely to be Assist Trophies).

stage23_080123a-l.jpg

Could Paper Mario have looked this good? This screen just makes me long for a hardcore 2D Mario side scroller...hardcore meaning long and hard as nails, yet beautiful as above. And with the choice of adding your ow music.

Could Paper Mario have looked this good?

Don't you mean "Why can't this level look as good as Paper Mario?"

I like Petey's roster extremely much. Here's to hoping it comes true!

The only thing is I think I would've preferred is for Lyn to have been the 2nd Fire Emblem character (if there is one) as the series --> (Smash Bros) could've done with more female representation...

It'd be funny if that Zombie like creature from OOT appeared in todays announced stage in the Subspace Adventure mode. Would fit perfectly in the ancient apocolyptic theme of the stage...

It'd be funny if that Zombie like creature from OOT appeared in todays announced stage in the Subspace Adventure mode. Would fit perfectly in the ancient apocolyptic theme of the stage...
Todays announcement is a New Multiplayer Stage, it's not one of the adventure mode stages/levels.

This isn't a normal stage, its very much a stage from the Subspace Emassary.

EDIT: Actually, a second look? I have no idea... O_o

This isn't a normal stage, its very much a stage from the Subspace Emassary.

It's a normal stage.

But... how does it end? Does it just keep scrolling forever and ever?

But... how does it end? Does it just keep scrolling forever and ever?
It could start scrolling back the other way I guess,

or maybe there's a pipe you need to jump down at the very end which takes you all back to the start?

It could start scrolling back the other way I guess,

or maybe there's a pipe you need to jump down at the very end which takes you all back to the start?

Maybe you continue the fight under the fireworks?

Great stage, let's hope it doesn't scroll too fast. Like Icycle Mountain.

Has it been confirmed that "regular" stages will NOT at all feature in the Subspace Emissary?

I don't think so, they could show up in SSE.

http://brawlcentral.com/guide_scans.php

Final Destination + Starting Characters are confirmed.

Looks like ChaosZero's predictions are all coming true. Final Destination looks really good in that picture.

Could Paper Mario have looked this good? This screen just makes me long for a hardcore 2D Mario side scroller...hardcore meaning long and hard as nails, yet beautiful as above. And with the choice of adding your ow music.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Love the new stage, and I for one like the battlefield style.

It would be awesome if you could hold a 5 minute battle say, and that the stage would take you through world's 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4, so that the battle end's on Bowser's bridge!

Great stage, let's hope it doesn't scroll too fast. Like Icycle Mountain.

I remember the best way of winning that in single player would be to simply double jump till the ice climbers died...:indeed:

Don't you mean "Why can't this level look as good as Paper Mario?"

Nope...Though that level is obviously lacking in colour there is still a lot of graphical depth to it, unlike Super Paper mario.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Yes, they are both fruit. :P

This stage is like that 2nd Zero X one right, with the racers and what not.

This stage is like that 2nd Zero X one right, with the racers and what not.
Not really, it's more like Rainbow Ride, a slow side-scrolling level.

I think today's update is really great - I like both the music and the desert style. It's new and refreshing.

Oh, and I really like what Sakurai and Iwata have to say about casual/hardcore gaming. It shows that they care - which is more than what can be said about lousy 3rd party developers looking for easy cash.

They also hint at the future of Smash. They say that they're making the game like it was the last in the series, but they also say they did the same with the original and Melee. Though they're doubtful about the future of Smash, they have not at all ruled out a fourth instalment.