N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

That's nothing like the same thing! Everyone knows Mario and Luigi worldwide and can distinguish between them as two different characters.

Fire Emblem is a far less known franchise and has far less recognisable characters worldwide. Marth and Roy were similar enough for people introduced to the series through SSBM [which I'm sure was a considerable percentage]. So to put in Ike and Marth, would be like playing as almost the same character for many people.

how would it be like paying the same character? in looks maybe, but the feel would be completely different! like the diference between falco and fox, I know some people who rock with falco, but can't do crap with fox and they look kinda similiar too. or what about link and young link? they look like, but they feel different, and marth and Ike are also wearing different costumes, so you could tell them apart, the biggest simularity is the color

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire Emblem is a far less known franchise and has far less recognisable characters worldwide. Marth and Roy were similar enough for people introduced to the series through SSBM [which I'm sure was a considerable percentage]. So to put in Ike and Marth, would be like playing as almost the same character for many people.

I really don't think Marth and Ike are that similar. The only similarities I see are the hair color and anime face. The rest is very different.

In fact, I think Zelda and Peach are more similar than Marth and Ike.

About today's update, nice to see Electrode come back with a new facial expression.:heh:

Smart Bomb

item12_071120a.jpg

This familiar item is from the Star Fox series. Those who have played those games can imagine how this bomb explodes.

item12_071120b-l.jpg

Throw the Smart Bomb, Fox!

item12_071120c-l.jpg

Don’t get caught in the explosion, Fox!

item12_071120d-l.jpg

Hurry, Fox! Run!

This fearsome item practically covers entire stages in a massive, engulfing explosion. It’s best to try to use it in a spot that leaves few places for enemies to flee. Or something like that.

It does seem that they occasionally fail to explode. You might throw it, only to watch it not detonate. In those cases, you’ll want to be careful, because you never know when it might go off.

Speaking of duds, certain Pokémon that explode also sometimes fail to detonate.

item12_071120e-l.jpg

Pssssssst.

[/Quote]

If you brawl for a long time, there is one thing you will definitely start to think: "What can I do to polish up my skills?"

For that, I’ve brought back the training mode to help you get to know the characters.

various13_071120a-l.jpg

At first glance, nothing about this screen seems unusual.

Bothersome displays are hidden at first. The settings screen appears when you pause the game.

various13_071120b-l.jpg

Oh! There it is!

various13_071120c-l.jpg

You can produce lots of items.

various13_071120d-l.jpg

You can put in three computer opponents, and jack their damage meters way up.

various13_071120e-l.jpg

And you can see how much damage different combos do.

various13_071120f-l.jpg

You can even put it in slow motion.

(But... you can’t tell that from a screenshot!)

You need to know the moves, whether you’re trying to hit with them or avoid them – this is especially true of Final Smashes.

This mode is particularly helpful with that.

[/Quote]

Nice update, although there's nothing new except for the football, I think it's the one from Animal Crossing.

How the hell is Metaknight unbalanced? Sure he can combo, but considering he has NO finishing moves apart from his up+B and final smash (which must be comboed into because it has next to no reach), i think it's pretty fair to say he's balanced enough. Also, with good DI, people will get out of his combos.

I was just of the impression from hands-ons that Meta Knight was very unbalanced.

I read on the smashboards (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329) that Meta-Knight isn't as overpowered as seems, I think he's just one of the more easy to use characters. His Final Smash is also more difficult to connect so that balances stuff out a bit as well.

I hope that is the case. It also explains why I got that impression.