N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the fact that he's shoving us in the face that Gray Fox is not playable.

I hope you can still use Z to grab. I always preferred Z.

Yeah Z was awesome :D

Though shield grabbing is very useful if your opponent is predictable; being able to grab them during their lag is always good.

haha i almost thought he was playable , but i think he is also in the Adventure mode in snakes story ,

and this update makes me wonder if knuckles or tails will be playable they will act as a assist trophy i think

We already know tails in it. He can help sonic recover by picking him up and flying him back up.

Um... Gray Fox is Ninja, you didn't always know he was Gray Fox, you just called him Ninja.

I thought it was 'Deepthroat'...Anyway, I feel it was a missed opportunity he wasn't playable. He had the unique weapon and stealth fighting abilities, he could have been a Sheik with a sword. Someone like Raiden should have been the assist. Now I'm going to spend the 10 or so years playing Brawl wishing he was playble.

Ness not in Brawl just about confirmed:

There's a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.

Do some removal of letters, what do you have?

Ness who has appeared... up until now

Look at his moveset, its far too similar to Ness's, I don't like the chances at all of Ness being in the game, I think this time round, hes gone... :blank:

Hmmm.

Lucas's moves are definatly different enough. Especially as he has his own PK Freeze and PK Fire seems very different to the one Ness had.

Lucas: Special Moves

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.

But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean he doesn’t have the same standard moves.

lucas_071108a-l.jpg

His strong up attack is a mentally-powered flip kick.

lucas_071108b-l.jpg

He unleashes a PK barrage on the ground with his down smash!

lucas_071108c-l.jpg

The finish of his back air attack is a meteor smash.

lucas_071108d-l.jpg

Oh! Is he grabbing the edge with his rope snake?!

Side Special Move: PK Fire

This is also quite different from Ness’s.

lucas_071108e-l.jpg

It flies perfectly sideways, even in the air.

lucas_071108f-l.jpg

The flame pillar explodes!

Standard Special Move: PK Freeze

lucas_071108g-l.jpg

If you charge it up and control it...

lucas_071108h-l.jpg

...you can freeze your opponents!

And even more threatening is his PK Thunder. For those of you unfamiliar with the last game, or the one before that, remember this well.

Up Special Move: PK Thunder

lucas_071108i-l.jpg

You guide the PK Thunder with the Control Stick...

lucas_071108j-l.jpg

...and hit yourself with it to launch!

Doing this helps you recover.

The angle you launch at depends upon the position at which the PK Thunder hits you. This launch also makes for a rather powerful attack, so I think it’s fine to even try it unexpectedly.

Down Special Move: PSI Magnet

This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage. It has a wide range of effectiveness, so give it a try when you get the chance.

lucas_071108k-l.jpg

If an enemy uses a projectile, that’s your chance.

[/Quote]

So he has three of the same special moves as Ness, Up-B,Side-B and Down-B. But they still are a bit different except for his Up-B and Down-B. His normal attacks are a lot different as well. I'm not counting Ness out yet.

Lucas actually seems fine, however, I probably won't use him much as he seems to have the same recovering ability as Ness had, and I didn't like that. Too complicated.

Also, this means Ness won't return, I guess:

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."