Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

hmmm... super mario galaxy has I think, honey bee galaxy in autumn or something like that, has clouds and I believe it rains under them. (played it a while ago now)

I don't remember any level with full blown rain though.

Yeah, funny enough, yesterday, after I posted this, I went to continue my second playthrough of the game and I played the Gold Leaf Galaxy and as soon as I got to those rain clouds I thought "oh shit, someone is gonna have my ass back at NE forum!" :heh:

But no, what I mean is really a full blown rain, like you said, not just a small spot of rain that's there just to annoy Bee Mario. They could have a big field, perhaps with a mountain, with a full cloudy sky, heavy rain and a thunderstorm. Then you could have puddles of mud, where Mario would get his overalls dirty with mud if he splashed in them. That would be awesome.

That said, let me just get back to Gold Leaf Galaxy. I've read in the past, and I've said it myself, that Gold Leaf Galaxy was a disapointment, because it's "just a mirrored version of Honeybee Galaxy". Well, now that my memory is refreshened, I have to say that it is not. It's a much superior Galaxy than the Honeybee one was, because if you go back there and play it, you'll see that Gold Leaf Galaxy actually has a lot of planetoids with gravity effects, that rivals the other "100% planetoid" galaxies. In fact, I believe Star No 2 from Gold Leaf Galaxy might be one of the very best ones of the whole game. Just go back and play Star no 2 and see for yourselves. Amazing gravity and that's what this game's all about.

I hope they release a Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Wii. And not Wii 2, but this Wii. Since Mario went 3D he has only had one game per console, and that sucks. Nintendo should forget about Mario Parties, Mario Olympics, Mario Tennis and fuck all that, they should make platformers a plenty for each console, like in the old days. I want Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 3. :awesome:

It rains in some of the WarioLand games.

^ They should keep some of the spin-offs, but it does make them a lot of money. They overkill it.

I don't think they'll make an actual sequel. It'll probably be something like warping environments or a virtual reality world. Something a bit more expansive, with epic 10 min levels where you have to climb a big-ass volcano.

Something where you interact a bit more with the environment, maybe something like the exclamation mark in Excite Truck etc.

Just finished another session from SMG. I got a question...

You know those weird things that walk under the sand and follow you and they pop up from the sand when you stand still, but they just stand still also? They don't attack you, they just stare. They look like they have something inside them, cause there's a light that comes off at the top. But when you try to go near them they go under the sand again and only pop up when you stand still... I've tried kicking cocconuts at them, I've tried hitting them with starbits and nothing. I don't know what the hell they are, what they contain (a 1-up shroom perhaps?) or how to get to them.

Do you know what I'm talking about? If you don't, there's one of them on the beach of Deep Dark Galaxy. And I think there's another one on sand of the central pear shaped planetoid on Sea Slide Galaxy.

Those things give you loads of star-bits. Just keep following their trail til you're above them, can be difficult but they stop briefly every so often, then spin. They'll pop out and you can thwart them and reap the goodies.

I just beat Bowser for the first time with Luigi (with 105 stars, I collected all the stars that were possible before the purple coin stars before beating him :D ) and one thing Bowser says caught my attention as what could have been a great cue for a sequel.

Bowser welcomes you when you arrive and he says you're just in time for the creation of his own galaxy at the centre of the Universe. Now, of course this is Nintendo and a Mario game, so you gotta have a happy ending, so Mario (or Luigi) stops Bowser's plan.

But what if Nintendo had chosen a downer ending? Something like an Empire Strikes Back cliffhanger! Here's the deal, Mario would still defeat Bowser, cause you know, it's a Mario game :heh: , but not before Bowser actually managed to create his new galaxy! Then, that newly created Bowser Galaxy could be the theme for a sequel, it could be a more evil Galaxy for a more spooky game. Or at least half a game, they could balance cute galaxies in the Gusty Garden style (cause, you know, it's Nintendo :heh: ) with Evil galaxies. But real evil galaxies, not the "cute evil" we're accustomed to. They could even include a modern remix of the classic Bowser theme from the original Super Mario Bros. (from levels 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, etc) in these Evil Bowser Galaxies.

That would be sweet. But will never happen... :(

Not literally, but like Bowser creates a virtual reality world that sucks Mario in or something, and time changes, scenes warp and he sees illusions etc.

I think more interactivity with objects would be cool.

Kinda like a Matrix, where you can programme anything you like, and Bowser chooses what the world Mario gets, but you somehow stop his machine or something like that.

Ah. gold leaf galaxy! My favorite galaxy in the whole game :D its so visually lovely!

Gold Leaf reminds me of Maple Treeway in Mario Kart!

This past week I put some time into Galaxy to get the last 15 odd stars I needed. I got them all, none were as difficult as I expected- the fabled Luigi's purples, the dreadnought purples, etc. I didn't do them first time, but they didn't piss me off as they may have done to others.

I got Luigi... but knew I would. ¬_¬

I did the first observatory with him and thought he was ok. The slipperiness is weird, but in those early stages it didn't cost me- twill be interesting to see if it cause me problems later on.

Yeah, funny enough, yesterday, after I posted this, I went to continue my second playthrough of the game and I played the Gold Leaf Galaxy and as soon as I got to those rain clouds I thought "oh shit, someone is gonna have my ass back at NE forum!" :heh:

But no, what I mean is really a full blown rain, like you said, not just a small spot of rain that's there just to annoy Bee Mario. They could have a big field, perhaps with a mountain, with a full cloudy sky, heavy rain and a thunderstorm. Then you could have puddles of mud, where Mario would get his overalls dirty with mud if he splashed in them. That would be awesome.

That said, let me just get back to Gold Leaf Galaxy. I've read in the past, and I've said it myself, that Gold Leaf Galaxy was a disapointment, because it's "just a mirrored version of Honeybee Galaxy". Well, now that my memory is refreshened, I have to say that it is not. It's a much superior Galaxy than the Honeybee one was, because if you go back there and play it, you'll see that Gold Leaf Galaxy actually has a lot of planetoids with gravity effects, that rivals the other "100% planetoid" galaxies. In fact, I believe Star No 2 from Gold Leaf Galaxy might be one of the very best ones of the whole game. Just go back and play Star no 2 and see for yourselves. Amazing gravity and that's what this game's all about.

I hope they release a Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Wii. And not Wii 2, but this Wii. Since Mario went 3D he has only had one game per console, and that sucks. Nintendo should forget about Mario Parties, Mario Olympics, Mario Tennis and fuck all that, they should make platformers a plenty for each console, like in the old days. I want Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 3. :awesome:

I know what you mean dude. It rains heavily with thunder storms when you face Argorok in the City in the Sky in Twilight Princess. Whats cool about that scene is that the first round of the fight was when the clouds started to billow, then the 2nd round had the storms and rain.

Notable seconds are Bulmecia (?)...That rabbit city in Final fantasy 9 where rain is always pouring down.

• 3 months later...
I didn't, lol. It was moved here. Is the game any different with Luigi or is it the same as with Mario? (same levels, same enemies, same abilities. etc)
Luigi has a higher jump and is more 'slippery' to control. That's about it!

I don't know why they didn't replace Peach with Daisy in Luigi's playthrough!

I have all 242 stars, but I prefer playing with Mario than Luigi. I don't think I will ever pick up the Luigi stars again, I will always only play the Mario adventure in the future.

Whoa whoa whoa! There are 242 stars? I've only got 241:

Mario: 120

Luigi: 120 + 1 Mushroom Kingdom Festival thingy star

How do you get a 242nd star?

Guest Maase

I have every star with Mario.

My sister is trying to accomplish everything with Luigi.

I will do it later, when i forgot about almost everything of the game.

Then it will be more fun :)

Say I have 20 lives by the end of a game and save and turn it off, when I come back to play I'm back to 4 lives. Also there's a letter from peach giving 5 1 ups but its the same word for word every time. Everything else saves except the 1 ups. Is this meant to happen?

Its abit suspicious especially with the recurring letter with 5 1ups.