NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

What about getting from plannet to plannet. Well you jump in a star and shake the wiimote then you reach the next plannet. Thats how it works

There are more ways than that. That system would mean there's a fixed order in which you go to the planets and that's not the case.

There are more ways than that. That system would mean there's a fixed order in which you go to the planets and that's not the case.

How do you know that at e3 you go to the plannets in a fixed order.

I think I read that the levels were free-roaming? That would be logical... In fact, I'm not sure.

Of course, there may be different stars shooters for different routes through the levels.

Are there different sections of galaxies/different galaxies to go to, or do you move from one area to another?

off topic but king boo is your avator supposed to be like that with the white edges?

Anyway can't wait for this game..

No, at E3 there were 3 completely different paths that all took you to entirely different bosses (spider, octopus and giant robot)

No, at E3 there were 3 completely different paths that all took you to entirely different bosses (spider, octopus and giant robot)

Actually..does that mean it's more like Banjo Kazooie than Super Mario 64 in the Collecting Stars respect (as in, you don't select a "mission", but just have one version of the level to explore)?

I hope so.

I kind of doubt you guys haven't seen it, but since no one mentioned it (at least, I didn't notice anyone mentioning it), there are the classic pirate ships floating around in SMG. Back from SMB 3 and Rainbow Ride level from SM64.

smgships.jpg

This game has all the classic elements that make Mario plus an entirely new way of playing. If only they could add a full 3D version of a Bowser Castle!

^ The game is full of classic content. Even those colored blocks in the background of SMB3's 1st level are present.

I kind of doubt you guys haven't seen it, but since no one mentioned it (at least, I didn't notice anyone mentioning it), there are the classic pirate ships floating around in SMG. Back from SMB 3 and Rainbow Ride level from SM64.

smgships.jpg

This game has all the classic elements that make Mario plus an entirely new way of playing. If only they could add a full 3D version of a Bowser Castle!

awesome shot I love that bottle for some reason! whose to say there isn't going to be a bowsers castle floating around in there?! we just don't know, whilst I know a lot of environments are more compact and smaller than we've seen in previous Mario's I don't think it should be ruled out completely.

^ The game is full of classic content. Even those colored blocks in the background of SMB3's 1st level are present.

Yeah, those are a welcome comeback too. It just hits the nostalgia chord with older gamers.

whose to say there isn't going to be a bowsers castle floating around in there?! we just don't know, whilst I know a lot of environments are more compact and smaller than we've seen in previous Mario's I don't think it should be ruled out completely.

I know, it's just that we still haven't seen one in the 3D Marios. Although I love the Bowser levels in SM64, those 3 levels are my favourite parts of the game.

In Mario Kart Double Dash the Bowser Castle track was very classic, with the fireballs and all, and I'd love to see something like that in a Mario 3D platformer.

What about getting from plannet to plannet. Well you jump in a star and shake the wiimote then you reach the next plannet. Thats how it works

As for this, for short distances at least, you can see Mario do it in the trailer at the end when he is using a flower to go to another planetoid, kind of like Shrub-Link in Majora's Mask. You apparently shake the remote to make Mario spin and gain height.

Also, another classic touch that makes a return is the music when you collect a star. It's not the music from SM64, it's the same music from the very first SMB whenever you complete a Bowser Castle. "Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle."

I know, it's just that we still haven't seen one in the 3D Marios. Although I love the Bowser levels in SM64, those 3 levels are my favourite parts of the game.

Well, they went "back to the clasics" for the final stage of Twilight Princess, so we may see Mario doing the same.

well theres been stories doing the rounds today and yesterday about the possibility of a two player mode after the wii.com site has updated and now cleary says it is two players! whether this turns out to be just multiplayer mini games, or full blown co-op mode, or just a mistake who knows but thats the story folks!

here's a link from 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158047

also it's on the kotaku homepage at the moment. and it was cubed3.com that originally reported it!

I'm still finding it weird how this stuff has come about. I mean, we saw two players holding a remote each in the E3 trailer last year.

just multiplayer mini games

With only two players, I doubt it's that one.

Didnt Miyamoto already discuss this a while ago? He said something about one person controlling Mario, while the other used a second Wiimote to point at the screen for clues or help or something.

With only two players, I doubt it's that one.

true but it is still a possibility I guess...I'm just going by what I've read.

One person plays as Mario and the others players (I think it's planned for 3 others) do everything they can to get in the way; using their pointers to do things, I think.

One person plays as Mario and the others players (I think it's planned for 3 others) do everything thewy can to get in the way I think uses their pointers to do things.

yes i think that's what it is sadly but what i would most want is a split screen game where somebody else controls luigi...I mean why not? But it will never happen

Oops, I opened a new thread. Whup me!

Anywho, I hope that multiplayer is firstly a Mario and Luigi cop-op, and maybe even online..?

Christ I really hope there isn't a multiplayer. I want Nintendo to concentrate on an excellent, well designed single player. Not editing levels so they can accomidate 2 players.

Please? :(

Christ I really hope there isn't a multiplayer. I want Nintendo to concentrate on an excellent, well designed single player. Not editing levels so they can accomidate 2 players.

Please? :(

Can see what you mean actually especially after some people slated Mario Sunshine, would be preferable for them to spend their time and resources on creating the solid single player we all crave, because at the end of the day that is what Mario is about. But who knows maybe they have nailed that already? It has been in development for awhile and very little has been shown, for all we know the single player could be completed and they are now applying a two player mode in there.

Still don't understand this slating of Gamecube versions of Zelda and Mario. I really loved Sunshine and The Wind Waker and both get slated all the time.

I'd quite enjoy a take turns multiplayer mode like the one in Super Mario Bros 3. That was frigging awesome, me and my bro always used to play that.

Oh good a confirmation of a confirmation :heh:

It was said at an E3 that,as previously mentioned that someone else could control the Wii-mote to either help Mario or make things hard for him.