NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

True DCK but the world when you look at it is kinda sparse. And it looks effectivly that you'll be jumping on different platforms and pressing buttons and shaking the wiimote to attack.

I'll wait until the yanks and japanese get it this year and europe gets it in 2008.

And before you start saying but shiggsy said this year. He was in america at their GDC, so primarily he was talking to the american audience

But why wouldn't it make it to Europe this year?

You just seem to say all this crap ZeldaFreak just to cause friction not because it's your point of view.

Galaxy isn't a text heavy game, and since it's one of the big guns it's essential for the game to make it out this year and it would make no sense to why it couldn't make it to Europe this year.

If anything's gonna be pushed back it'll be Brawl.

True DCK but the world when you look at it is kinda sparse. And it looks effectivly that you'll be jumping on different platforms and pressing buttons and shaking the wiimote to attack.

I'll wait until the yanks and japanese get it this year and europe gets it in 2008.

And before you start saying but shiggsy said this year. He was in america at their GDC, so primarily he was talking to the american audience

Yeah, good points. The Wiimote hasn't messed with the core element of walking and jumping, but if it would have they wouldn't have made this game a Mario game. Hopefully the Wiimote elements that are there with that little star thingy will make it Wii-worthy.

Europe hasn't been treated that badly lately by Nintendo; the market has reached big proportions. My hopes are pretty good we'll see it this year for the same points McMad mentioned. They shouldn't really want to miss out on Europe's Christmas.

Well the the final game to be published that I know of his Wing Island. And they don't seem to want to release any new release dates.

Oh man, it's hard for me to contain my enthusiasm for this game! It just looks so amazing!! :D :D.

Oh man, it's hard for me to contain my enthusiasm for this game! It just looks so amazing!! :D :D.

It is intense.

HD trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17653&type=wmv.

Does anyone else feel that Mario Galaxy is the game that is going to suddenly make the Wii be born. At the moment, I don't feel like the console has been born if you know what I mean.

I get you:heh: . The console needs a game to really show what Nintendo are about, not crappy graphics, gimicky controls and rushed presentation.

If friends are comming around to see what the Wii is like THIS is the game you show them. (after maybe Wii sports:heh: )

After seeing this I wonder what they have done with Metroid, since I have high expectations with that series and of Retro Studios. Only time will tell.: peace:

But why wouldn't it make it to Europe this year?

You just seem to say all this crap ZeldaFreak just to cause friction not because it's your point of view.

Galaxy isn't a text heavy game, and since it's one of the big guns it's essential for the game to make it out this year and it would make no sense to why it couldn't make it to Europe this year.

If anything's gonna be pushed back it'll be Brawl.

Exactly, I also think ZeldaFreak kinda follows the people that don't like the Wii too. He also said that he'd totally changed his tune on Wii a few weeks ago, and now seems to have changed back.

Who cares anyway, I'm just gonna start ignoring him.

Exactly, I also think ZeldaFreak kinda follows the people that don't like the Wii too. He also said that he'd totally changed his tune on Wii a few weeks ago, and now seems to have changed back.

I know what you mean about ZeldaFreak. Originally he was very annoying, then for a little while he started making some very valid points, but he seems to be back to his old self again :( Come on ZF, we now know you can be civil! Dont let yourself down :(

On topic though - I can't wait for this game. It looks really interesting and I really want more details about how it all works. I hope the way to collect stars is more 64 than Sunshine - i.e. you can get them in whatever order you want.

No the potential behind the wii is fantastic, but look at nintendo mario releases like the gap betwwen the us sunshine and the europe was a 2 month wait. So worst case scenario is Oct(jap), Nov(US), Jan(EUR). But the toolset that Wii SDK have at hull uni don't have all that many tools for making games like this from a graphics perspective. So they need to release those tools to the development community.

But like I'll state I'll wait for the final product before making up my final mind.

And the reason why I'm supercritical of Nintendo these days is simply the bs they spread all over the place. Like the photos shown yesterday - one was taken in a black room with the lights off, and the other was in a room painted white with all the spotlights with the light in the room.

Galaxy is shaping up rather lovely though I must say. It looks like a very interesting take on the traditional platformer, Mario flying and floating around and running around upside down and stuff. looking positively glorious.
Yeah, I've watched the new trailer quite a few times now and to me it's almost as if they've re-invented the platform genre once again! Obviously not as much of a leap as what they did with Mario 64 at the time, but it just seems amazing to be able to move so freely around all of these spherical environments and explore. I love the idea that you can approach the edge of an area and just keep going and discover loads of new stuff on the opposite side, (no more invisible walls :heh: ) I can't wait to see just how complex the environments become, the level design is going to be crazy!

I get the impression that this game must've been a right pain in the arse to program though, the fact that Mario moves so seamlessly around all of the different structures is pretty impressive I reckon, especially when you consider some developers still have difficulty making characters move properly on flat surfaces or up stairs and stuff. But this just looks so damn slick.

I really hope we don't have to wait until December for this game! But I'm guessing that'll probably be the case. :shakehead

Totally agree about re-inventing the 3D platformer. This is looking more and more like an extension to the bonus levels from SMS, and I coudn't be happier. Just as long as there are lots of varied environments, and it's not too short or linear, this could be amazing. Loving the graphics, too.

This game's feel looks as if it's going to be very different. It's not only huge levels now, in a sense it's huge levels filled with small mini-levels that all seem to have something exciting on them. That, and the Wiimote elements seem so darn fun to do...

Oh damn, I'm thinking I'm more excited about this than about a Zelda.

During the video you see an underwater moment, however almost all of what we have seen so far Mario seems to be on the outside of planets.

I was wondering how Nintendo were going to handle the transportation from planet to planet when you want to get to a specific place. I the star system previously in place works only if exploring but if you needed to get to a specific planetoid you would have to know what star transports you to the corresponding planet.

I think nintendo's way of combating this is to be able to control the direction in which Mario moves while flying through the air, until he is pulled in by the gravity of the planet in closest proximity.

I also hope Nintendo take advantage of the overwhelming speed at which Mario soars through the air to provide some really intense, entertaining races. Speeding across the galaxy dodging and weaving through a cluster of asteroids first to the designated planet wins.

Im still going to stay catiously optimistic. As far as Im concerned hype can be the biggest killer for a AAA title.

I was wondering how Nintendo were going to handle the transportation from planet to planet, when you want to get to a specific place. I mean the star system previously works only if exploring but if you needed to get to a specific planetiod you would have to know what star transports you to the corresponding planet.
The E3 trailer shows a Wiimote controlled catapult system. I think those stars are only there if there's a fixed next planet/asteroid to go to.

This game looks awesome, truly great, however part of me is more excited about the classic looking Super Paper Mario.

I was wondering how Nintendo were going to handle the transportation from planet to planet, when you want to get to a specific place. I mean the star system previously works only if exploring but if you needed to get to a specific planetiod you would have to know what star transports you to the corresponding planet.

From the look of the video, It seems that when you have used a starthing once, theres a bluestreamthing leading the way to where the destination is.

MarioStreks.JPG

MarioStreaks.JPG

Should help with getting around.

The E3 trailer shows a Wiimote controlled catapult system. I think those stars are only there if there's a fixed next planet/asteroid to go to.

I haven't seen this, but I would love to know how this functions.

From the look of the video, It seems that when you have used a starthing once, theres a bluestreamthing leading the way to where the destination is.

MarioStreks.JPG

MarioStreaks.JPG

Should help with getting around.

I didn't notice that either:heh: . However I think it could be quite jarring if you have to meticulously trace the blue lines to find out where you have to go to get to where you want to.

I haven't seen this, but I would love to know how this functions.
If you take a look at some of the gameplay videos made by Gamespot and IGN at the E3 you'll see how it works. You let Mario jump into some plant thingy, and then you take the Wiimote pull back the plant in some direction, and when you release the button Mario is blasted off in the direction you want. Of course there will be guidance making sure you always hit a planet/asteroid.

During the video you see an underwater moment, however almost all of what we have seen so far Mario seems to be on the outside of planets.

Well considering we've seen fruit as planets I'll go as far to say he may be in a fishbowl planet type thing there or maybe it's a big planet like the big lava one.

If you take a look at some of the gameplay videos made by Gamespot and IGN at the E3 you'll see how it works. You let Mario jump into some plant thingy, and then you take the Wiimote pull back the plant in some direction, and when you release the button Mario is blasted off in the direction you want. Of course there will be guidance making sure you always hit a planet/asteroid.

What about getting from plannet to plannet. Well you jump in a star and shake the wiimote then you reach the next plannet. Thats how it works

Well considering we've seen fruit as planets I'll go as far to say he may be in a fishbowl planet type thing there or maybe it's a big planet like the big lava one.

Lol, yeah i forgot this is Mario. :P