NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

It was confirmed for Europe in 2007 a while ago, and why wouldn't it be released this year?

Makes little sense to not release it in Europe this year if it makes it out in Japan and the US by November, I can't see this game being very text heavy.

I can see Metroid in September, Battlion Wars in October and Galaxy in November, and if we're very lucky Smash Bros in December or if not probably February/March.

If the cannibalisation really was happening Nintendo America wouldn't release Mario Strikers Charged and then Super Mario Galaxy two months later, both being Mario games. If cannibalisation was that bad Nintendo would probably only release one game each Christmas season, because otherwise it'd maybe sell less than it could because of self-competition. Sure, games do compete with each other, but the effect isn't dramatic on the sales. Especially when you release them two months apart.

Total sales of Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy will be much higher if both are released within the high selling Christmas and Thanksgiving season. Releasing Super Paper Mario in 2008 would cause low sales because of Mario Galaxy's competition, people's lack of money in the first quarter and probably Smash Brawl's competition as well. The entire idea I find really ridiculous.

Super Mario Galaxy is a system seller. They're not going to delay it because Super Paper Mario might cost a few thousand sales - the game is intended to sell millions. If they were worried about Super Paper Mario getting in the way they would have released it before Summer anyway.

I have a feeling that they might even make a new Wii bundle (if stock allows it) with Galaxy and Wii Sports - that'd be one hell of a Christmas gift.

I have a feeling that they might even make a new Wii bundle (if stock allows it) with Galaxy and Wii Sports - that'd be one hell of a Christmas gift.

I think a bundle like that is a dead cert, I would go as far to say that Nintendo may even launch a Black Version of the Wii with that bundle.

If the cannibalisation really was happening Nintendo America wouldn't release Mario Strikers Charged and then Super Mario Galaxy two months later, both being Mario games. If cannibalisation was that bad Nintendo would probably only release one game each Christmas season, because otherwise it'd maybe sell less than it could because of self-competition. Sure, games do compete with each other, but the effect isn't dramatic on the sales. Especially when you release them two months apart.

Total sales of Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy will be much higher if both are released within the high selling Christmas and Thanksgiving season. Releasing Super Paper Mario in 2008 would cause low sales because of Mario Galaxy's competition, people's lack of money in the first quarter and probably Smash Brawl's competition as well. The entire idea I find really ridiculous.

Super Mario Galaxy is a system seller. They're not going to delay it because Super Paper Mario might cost a few thousand sales - the game is intended to sell millions. If they were worried about Super Paper Mario getting in the way they would have released it before Summer anyway.

I'm not saying that Nintendo won't release multiple games, but for NoA Soccer isn't the greatest sport out of their so they have the potential to shift loads of Galaxy without it really hurting the potential sales for Mario Strikers. However we are talking about NoE they wouldn't release two games that could get be the most popular title for wii over december, with sales reaching in the millions. While it would be best from a business perspective to release the big games, from september to december, super paper mario/metroid prime 3/bwii/fire emblem. And then in Q1 releash Brawl and in Q2 Galaxy.

Just makes more sense. Plus NoE will probably want to to concentrate on their big ds titles as well.

It was confirmed for Europe in 2007 a while ago, and why wouldn't it be released this year?

Link please?

Also I think the genre of games is worth taking into account, Mario Strikers is a sports game after all. Whilst I know one is 2D and the other is 3D they are still from a very similar genre...

Well i for one will be bloody annoyed if USA/JAPAN get Mario Galaxy this year and we get Super Paper Mario in it's place.

I thought Paper Mario was out July 2007 in Europe, and then we get Mario Galaxy November 2007. That better be the case and judging by what McMad has posted it should be...

Still some official confirmation on release dates for Europe would be nice now.

I'm not saying that Nintendo won't releash multiple games, but for NoA Soccer isn't the greatest sport out of their so they have the potential to shift loads of Galaxy without it really hurting the potential sales for Mario Strikers. However we are talking about NoE they wouldn't releash two games that could get be the most popular title for wii over december, with sales reaching in the millions. While it would be best from a business perspective to releash the big games, from september to december, super paper mario/metroid prime 3/bwii/fire emblem. And then in Q1 releash Brawl and in Q2 Galaxy.

Just makes more sense. Plus NoE will probably want to to concentrate on their big ds titles as well.

Link please?

Releash? You mean release?

Releash? You mean release?

sorry I knew it was wrong, but didn't occur to me until later sorry again.

I just hope this is actually good...I'm worried that it will do a Sunshine on us.

Apologies just won't cut it this time Zelda, mis-spelling release here is a felony.

Here you go:

NoE 2007 Line-up

Miyamoto Says Mario in 2007

Knowing you you'll probably refuse to believe this means anything though.

The first source not refusing it but if you look at it more depth they say TC for wii will be out in Q1 thats passed and also state that Wing Island will be out in Febuary. I'm not refusing it again, just saying circumstances may of changed.

Regarding the second source. Shigeru miyamoto was addressing a predominately american delvelopment community so could be talking just for the US rather than all regions apart from japan. Also Shigeru Miyamoto at the keynote said you would be able to play it this year, could i be in demo form or retail form?

Thats all I'm going to say, not totally refusing them - hell I would love it to come to europe in 2007, but chances are slim

I think a bundle like that is a dead cert, I would go as far to say that Nintendo may even launch a Black Version of the Wii with that bundle.

Nah, it's going to be red! Take your bets!

Apologies just won't cut it this time Zelda, mis-spelling release here is a felony.

Went back to change it just for you and ThatGuy

Nah, it's going to be red! Take your bets!

Red would be awesome and fit in better with mario,although the whole black/space would work to.

Red would be awesome and fit in better with mario,although the whole black/space would work to.

I think:

Black = Metroid (Summer/Autumn)

Red = Mario (Autumn/Winter)

Blue? = Smash Bros (Winter)

Pink = (Spring/Summer, no game in particular)

Would be a good idea.

I think:

Would be a good idea.

I like that, may I suggest Nintendogs for pink?!

I think:

Would be a good idea.

This is not aimed at you cube, but this is for games industry in general - if a platform holder can't sell or is selling madly. Shouldn't just paint their unit a different colour and sell it as a limited edition. This goes to microsoft/nintendo/sony.

Went back to change it just for you and ThatGuy

Lol, I wasn't really bothered, I was just taking the piss cus I thought it was funny reading releash every sentence.

The way i see, it's going to be like this:

-Metroid in September.

-Super Mario Galaxy in December.

-Smash Bros. Brawl next Summer.

I wouldn't complain with that at all tbh, seeing as we're getting No More Heroes and Umbrella Chronicles around that time too.

The way i see, it's going to be like this:

-Metroid in September.

-Super Mario Galaxy in December.

-Smash Bros. Brawl next Summer.

I wouldn't complain with that at all tbh, seeing as we're getting No More Heroes and Umbrella Chronicles around that time too.

Brawl should come out before Galaxy. Seen as we were being told at the first e3 where they showed off the size of the wii that it would come out close to launch as possible.

I just hope this is actually good...I'm worried that it will do a Sunshine on us.

I feel I should just point out that Sunshine is a very good game, and easily one of the best platformers ever made. Mario 64 might be better, but the same can be said of pretty much every 3D platform game.

Err, yeah, that's it.

Brawl should come out before Galaxy. Seen as we were being told at the first e3 where they showed off the size of the wii that it would come out close to launch as possible.

yeah but the head director for the game didn't sign up until quite a few months after (it says on the website or something). Not only that, but they said they are changing the air game completely, which will take a LONG time to balance out, and aswell as that more charcters need to be added and they also need to be balanced out. Then they need to add DI which wasn't in the last trailer which will take a while.

FINALLY, they need to sort out online.

In conclusion, Mario will be coming out before this, unless Miyamato decides he needs more time with it.

yeah but the head director for the game didn't sign up until quite a few months after (it says on the website or something). Not only that, but they said they are changing the air game completely, which will take a LONG time to balance out, and aswell as that more charcters need to be added and they also need to be balanced out. Then they need to add DI which wasn't in the last trailer which will take a while.

FINALLY, they need to sort out online.

In conclusion, Mario will be coming out before this, unless Miyamato decides he needs more time with it.

DI?

Well anyway I know he didn't sign up for a few months after e3 2005. And they were in pre-production until the first trailer came out so who knows, but I know one thing its a far more popular game than mario platformers are. Even more so now with solid snake as well as other popular 3rd party characters likely.