MarioG017.jpg

MarioG018.jpg

MarioG019.jpg

Super Mario (Wii)

Publisher: Nintendo

Release Date: Sep 15, 2007

What was that?

Not a confirmed source yet, but I'd like to believe :P

Nintendo are abandoning their fanbase. This is a fucking casual game. Look at those graphics. Could be done on the Nintendo64.:shakehead

;)

This game is fucking beautiful (and I'm not reffering to the graphics, though those are amazing as well. Goes to shut the fuck up all the infidels that kept trashing the Wii just cause developers aren't squeezing it :D ). This is a true Mario game, all the classic enemies are back and then some!

But Nintendo keep saying Wii's point is to simplify games, well this game is anything but simple! If some non-gamer gets confused playing a sidescroller or even Mario 64, what to say of this extremelly hardcore game where up and down don't even apply anymore? This is as complicated as it gets. And I am most certainly NOT complaining! :P

That release date came from gamevideos so its not very reliable

The N64 couldn't cope properly with OOT. That game looks brilliant in both stills and motion and will be tons of fun. And what exactly is the "fanbase"? I would have thought anybody that buys a Wii is part of the fanbase.

The N64 couldn't cope properly with OOT. That game looks brilliant and will be tons of fun. And what exactly is the "hardcore"?

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, mon frere. Just echoing what every Nintendo-hater has been saying over the last few months. I bet they've shut up now.

GET A GRIP.

Says generic new member.

YES.

His avatar is a Death Star, we must obey!

First thing I see when I saw the trailer was this will be a clummsy game to control. Then I said the graphics look fine. And then I did my work.

Although everyone saying this looks amazing this is the type of good quality visulas I expected to come out day one on wii, quite frankly if you think of the untapped power then meh. Mind you I have never liked 3d mario games

Carry on. I can take it! :awesome:

I may be a new member but I go back far enough to remember writing programs on my ZX81 (before the overheating keyboard melted my fingers) so I'm no gaming newbie.

Anyway, I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

That's the thing though, Galaxy looks this good because of how it's designed, with very small areas being rendered at once. When the video zooms out you can see how empty the area is overall. When a game has to render far less, it can obviously render it in a far more detailed manner, which is why other games with traditionally large and full areas on Wii look awful in comparison.

In other words though, if there's any "normal" levels in Galaxy which are as big as traditional 3d Mario levels, they wont look anywhere near this good.

That's the thing though, Galaxy looks this good because of how it's designed, with very small areas being rendered at once. When the video zooms out you can see how empty the area is overall.

I think that draw distance was quite good in some places. You could easily see other planets and stuff on their surface even if they were very far away. And even though Wii isn't forced to draw all planets all the time, it must keep track of each planet's contents and physics (which differ from planet to planet).

Looks good and of course I will buy it but I want Mario Kart Wii online. That it is all.

this alongside metroid are the two games that will make me buy a wii. just a shame I gotta wait so long.. :(

Dang, Super Mario Galaxy looks brilliant. Really beautiful. Got uber-stoked about this title again!!! : peace: