Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy if Metroid has been delayed will October to December 2007. We don't want it to be another Red Steel. Potential but final product being average THEY MUST NAIL THE CONTROL. This cannot continue, Wii is losing, The HD consoles are "WINNING"... But its early days yet. Its DS's start being lived out all over again for Wii... Meaning things shall hopefully improve for the better.

I am very happy if Metroid has been delayed will October to December 2007. We don't want it to be another Red Steel. Potential but final product being average THEY MUST NAIL THE CONTROL. This cannot continue, Wii is losing, The HD consoles are "WINNING"... But its early days yet. Its DS's start being lived out all over again for Wii... Meaning things shall hopefully improve for the better.
Funny... You've never played Red Steel.

If Metroid came out now it would be a benchmark on how it's done either way, it'll benefit from more time, of course, but I suspect the main reason for the delay is lack of online, too close to other nintendo launch games that could've killed, or competed for the same sales and even... the size and level design of the world being behind schedule, if this is the last metroid prime they'll surely go out with a bang.

Who actually said it was delayed to Q4 anyway? Kinda hard believing it since it was almost a launch title.If it was the whole NP thing saying it was Winter '07 it could easily mean Jan/Feb since it's still winter or they just said Winter '07 because they don't know the date.

Thanks in advance.

I just hope that if they do add online that there will be the chance to play 16 player deathmatches, maybe even 32 if we're lucky.

And if any games are going to be released in Q4 it's Galaxy, Brawl and Disaster.

I'm expecting this in the summer along with Battalion Wars 2 and Smash Football 2.

It's like you have a disease that disables you from posting anything decent.

Care to share?

The trailer and Wiimote make the game look much smoother and faster in gameplay, though the trailer is probably giving an action-packed image. Metroid Prime 1&2 weren't terribly high-paced, so that'd be a refreshing change.

Slow doesn't mean bad at all though.

• 1 month later...

Thats sounds promising, although I am rather surprised about the A - shoot, B - jump calibration!

I may pick this up, although that would mean I'd have to play the first too, which I'm not too keen about doing (I lost interest half way through the first one)!

Metroid Prime rocked : peace:

..I'm really looking forward to Corruption.. but like Twilight_Link said, the way A is Shoot and B is Jump sounds a little strange, I think I would feel more comfortable with it the other way round..

(if your're thinking 'how would you know, you haven't even played it yet', I'm just going from my experience of Wii Play where firing at the screen felt much better with B than A.. doesn't feel right firing with the A-button.. but that's not to say I wouldn't be ok with it)

I think it's a very deliberate move on the part of the developers' to keep the game from feeling too much like a first person shooter, as opposed to a "first person adventure" as the series is known as. I guess it's also partly because A is fire and B is jump in the first 2 prime games, so they want the title to feel familiar.

On the Gamecube, A is shoot and B is jump.

So it's not all that different. You'll have to learn to jump with your index finger instead of your thumb. In fact, this is much better because you can shoot while jumping - something quite difficult to do in the first two games.

How do you know the report is fake?

I'm expecting Brawl and Disaster in Q4,Mario and Metroid Q1/Q2 and BWii and Smash Football in Q2/Q3.

And so Nintendo would have played their entire deck of cards in one year after the console release. i really don't see it happen. Mario Galaxy will probablybe 2008 and Brawl won't make it in 2007, I'm pretty sure. Why? Because Nintendo doesn't want all of it's crowd-teasers at once. They are aware that most gamers don't have money to paay for five games at the same time and if they only bring Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to the public in 2007 (but late 2997, that is), they'll get enough people to the system for a while.

And Solitanze, what's the dzal with 'HD-consoles are winning'? You really only reply to evoke feelings of hatred (or pity) to you, no? Wii is clearly selling incredibly well - and yes, the X360 has sold more but it had longer market time. Nintendo is doing great right now.

And I'm looking forward to this games. The first two were my first Metroid Games ever and I loved them. Retro might be the new Rare this generation - let's not forget, during SNES Era Rare was only known because of it's Donkey kon franchise - a Nintend-owned one, it was the generation after that they got their own IP's up. So it would be great to see the same happening to Retro Studios... and Raven Blade? Please? it looked and sounded so good...

And so Nintendo would have played their entire deck of cards in one year after the console release. i really don't see it happen. Mario Galaxy will probablybe 2008 and Brawl won't make it in 2007, I'm pretty sure. Why? Because Nintendo doesn't want all of it's crowd-teasers at once. They are aware that most gamers don't have money to paay for five games at the same time and if they only bring Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to the public in 2007 (but late 2997, that is), they'll get enough people to the system for a while.

And Solitanze, what's the dzal with 'HD-consoles are winning'? You really only reply to evoke feelings of hatred (or pity) to you, no? Wii is clearly selling incredibly well - and yes, the X360 has sold more but it had longer market time. Nintendo is doing great right now.

And I'm looking forward to this games. The first two were my first Metroid Games ever and I loved them. Retro might be the new Rare this generation - let's not forget, during SNES Era Rare was only known because of it's Donkey kon franchise - a Nintend-owned one, it was the generation after that they got their own IP's up. So it would be great to see the same happening to Retro Studios... and Raven Blade? Please? it looked and sounded so good...

I posted that statement back in November, but as of this moment, I still stand by what I said. Nintendo Wii games have not yet fully utilised the controller to its fullest extent without making significant sacrificies to core gameplay fundamentals. Up till now, we have seen games that have had to make some sort of sacrifice to some element of the particular game in favour of often second rate motion sensing controls [graphics in particular], thus the Wii is currently failing in enhancing gameplay and is evidenced by the mediocre review scores most games are getting where they are initially "claimed" to have superior controls when they in fact don't. We don't know it, but in the overall scheme of things (Wii sports in particular IS EXCLUDED as its a rather effective tech demo) Wii games currently are actually detracting from gameplay at this present state not enhancing it. Before I get flamed by multiple users for this comment, 2007 will hopefully mark a year whereby we actually get "good" Wii games that truly utilise the Wii remotes capabilities to compliment existing gameplay fundamentals to REALLY enhance the experience of gaming.

I posted that statement back in November, but as of this moment, I still stand by what I said. Nintendo Wii games have not yet fully utilised the controller to its fullest extent without making significant sacrificies to core gameplay fundamentals. Up till now, we have seen games that have had to make some sort of sacrifice to some element of the particular game in favour of often second rate motion sensing controls [graphics in particular], thus the Wii is currently failing in enhancing gameplay and is evidenced by the mediocre review scores most games are getting where they are initially "claimed" to have superior controls when they in fact don't. We don't know it, but in the overall scheme of things (Wii sports in particular excluded) Wii games currently are actually detracting from gameplay at this present state not enhancing it. Before I get flamed by multiple users for this comment, 2007 will hopefully mark a year whereby we actually get "good" Wii games that truly utilise the Wii remotes capabilities to compliment existing gameplay fundamentals to REALLY enhance the experience of gaming.

You're not wrong on that. You were wrong on stating that Wii is losing from the HD-competitors. I'm talking sales figures, you're talking scores. I agree with you that right now it's not quite good to buy a Wii-game yet, and I hope it will change for the better, too. But the Wii is clearly a succes, no matter what. I was replying to your comment, wich didn't really make sense. Not to this, because this one is fairly good.

Okay, I am replying to your last comment too, but hey, I'm agreeing, and that's what it's all about.

You're not wrong on that. You were wrong on stating that Wii is losing from the HD-competitors. I'm talking sales figures, you're talking scores. I agree with you that right now it's not quite good to buy a Wii-game yet, and I hope it will change for the better, too. But the Wii is clearly a succes, no matter what. I was replying to your comment, wich didn't really make sense. Not to this, because this one is fairly good.

Okay, I am replying to your last comment too, but hey, I'm agreeing, and that's what it's all about.

My original comment relates to what I said in my previous post but understandably was rather ambiguous. Wiis done well with sales early on in its life, theres no denying that. But truly in the context of making gaming better, Wii is currently losing to HD systems due to what I mentioned in the previous post. Thats what I meant by the Wii is losing, the HD consoles are winning.

Wii games currently are actually detracting from gameplay at this present state not enhancing it.

As I stated in another thread, after playing Twilight Princess with the Wii remote and nunchuk the thought of going back to playing Wind Waker with conventional controls is very off putting. Monkey Ball plays better with the Wii remote than it does with a thumbstick too.

So there's your evidence that it does in fact enhance the gameplay, not detract from it. Where you have got that idea from I don't know. I can only assume that you've been unfortunate enough to have pre-ordered very late and have not yet received your Wii console yet.

New stock is expected to arrive in the country soon though, right? It won't be long before you can experience the enhanced gameplay that many of us on this forum have already. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!