NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I hope we'll get to see some more of this game soon. I'm really curious to see how much it has evolved since E3. I can't believe this game was supposed to come out at launch! But it's for the best, the game will be better now. And Zelda AND Metroid at launch would've been overkill.

You mean Overthrill? That sounds more appropriate.

I predict a Europe release date of 19th September 2007.

Nintendo need to release something to battle Halo 3 (well they don't 'need' too, but it will help!) and then GTA IV the following month!

I say release Metroid or Mario Galaxy! Thing is, i'm not sure if it's a good idea to release a game thats similar to Halo 3 (halo being similar to Metroid, i must add) What do you think?

It's obvious that between Metroid and Halo, Halo will sell more...so i say release both Mario Galaxy and Metroid within September-October and do battle Nintendo!

I think releasing Metroid Prime 3 at the same time as Halo 3 won't impact Halo 3 sales at all.

Sales of Metroid Prime 2 paled in comparison to those for Halo 2. They are actually quite different games now. Anyone who wants a massively rich online experience knows that Halo 3 is the one to go for. It won't matter if MP3 delivers an equally good online experience (which we all know it won't!).

If I had an XBOX360 and a Wii, I would get both. :D

Didn't MP2 come out when Halo 2 did? Which made Metroid sell really bad?

Didn't MP2 come out when Halo 2 did? Which made Metroid sell really bad?

Metroid Prime 2* sold badly because they were released on holiday season that was way too overcrowded already. You had Halo 2, San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, Mario Party 6, TTYD, Need for Speed: Underground 2, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Power Tennis etc. fighting for same money. Most titles didn't just sell and only true victor of the season was EA.

* And few other titles, such as Metal Gear Solid 3

Rumours are circulating that Metroid is coming out on 20th August! in US that is... Read it on NeoGAF...

Rumours are circulating that Metroid is coming out on 20th August! in US that is... Read it on NeoGAF...

Yeah I read about it on Gamefaqs. It has something to do with IGN having it down as that date. Hopefully they will give us a date at this little conference this week.

Prime 2 sold badly because most casual gamers don't care about the franchise and may have been turned off by the original. Also, by that point even a vast amount of Nintendo fans had already given up on the system. The PAL 60Hz only thing probably didn't help matters either.

I don't think gamers were turned off by the original, it was mainly because of bad timing and beacause it's a big franchise only among hardcore gamers. That's why Nintendo needs to publicize this game a lot.

Bah,I find out the date,post it on N-E and frantically come on the forums and see it's already been done :heh:

No Euro date,was an American Press Release.

I don't think gamers were turned off by the original

By that I mean some casual gamers might've bought it actually expecting a Halo style shooter experience and didn't want a "First person adventure" at all. The original Prime was a number 1 in the charts which is why it's so confusing why Prime 2 done so badly. I think a whole lot of reasons contributed.

Anyway finally having a date is awesome, a lot earlier than I expected now. Hopefully we'll get it within 2 months of the US release.

I hope the gap between the American and European release, is more like with Metroid Prime 2 than with Metroid Prime. Then we'll probably get it in September or October.

Both came out in September as I remember.

Edit: Ok I was wrong. But yeah September would be a good date.

That's a really good release date for the US. It's quite likely we'll get it around then to leave space for the other big guns.

Funny how just a release date can get send that shiver of hype through you again.

Tbh metroid alone isn't enough to battle the big guns like GTA IV and Halo3 (like others have said). I think releasing Mario Galaxy in November would be wise, and then Smash Bros. Brawl in Summer.

I also hope No More Heroes comes out this xmas; hopefully with some advertising it'll get people tempted.

I like the way some people seem to have the idea that games aren't the result of many months of teams of dedicate professionals working closely together in 14+ hour shifts, but instead that somewhere there is a giant robot crapping them out, 100% complete at twenty a minute, and the only reason we don't have them now is because Nintendo doesn't like us.

I like the way some people seem to have the idea that games aren't the result of many months of teams of dedicate professionals working closely together in 14+ hour shifts, but instead that somewhere there is a giant robot crapping them out, 100% complete at twenty a minute, and the only reason we don't have them now is because Nintendo doesn't like us.

No robots? your kidding me?

Can we replace NoE with Robots?

Can we replace NoE with Robots?

No.

They've already been replaced with King Edward Potatoes.

Tbh metroid alone isn't enough to battle the big guns like GTA IV and Halo3 (like others have said). I think releasing Mario Galaxy in November would be wise, and then Smash Bros. Brawl in Summer.

I also hope No More Heroes comes out this xmas; hopefully with some advertising it'll get people tempted.

The only game that will come close to denting Halo 3 this year will be Smash Bros. Halo 3 is a yanks game but they also adore Smash Bros, just got to look at gamefaqs to see that.

The only game that will come close to denting Halo 3 this year will be Smash Bros. Halo 3 is a yanks game but they also adore Smash Bros, just got to look at gamefaqs to see that.

They have good reason to. Smash PWNS!!!!:yay: