NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Metroid series music > Prime games music

Mmm it's different, Prime is more moody more suited to high quality synths.

They are completely different games and anyway metroid prime kicks.STOP COMPARING THEM!. It's such an annoying thing people do the only thing they have in common is the view.

Apart from the fact that they're both First Person Shooters, both have the same main character, same franchise and same game objectives.

They're similar enough. Even developers of epic series' make bad games in comparison to the older games in their franchise, and to some people, this is one. But they're not completely different, and shouldn't be regarded as such.

Apart from the fact that they're both First Person Shooters, both have the same main character, same franchise and same game objectives.

They're similar enough. Even developers of epic series' make bad games in comparison to the older games in their franchise, and to some people, this is one. But they're not completely different, and shouldn't be regarded as such.

FPS no. If you have played a real prime game you'd know they are far from FPS's. Go play MP and MP2 and you'll know what I'm on about.

In fact, they're so similar that people that complaing about Echoes after loving Prime, have no reason to (complain).

FPS no. If you have played a real prime game you'd know they are far from FPS's. Go play MP and MP2 and you'll know what I'm on about.

I've played all 3 thank you very much, I know what I'm talking about.

if you want to be anal about it, they're First Person Adventures. Ooh, how different. :indeed:

The Metroid Prime games are as much first person shooters as Oblivion. They just are games played from a first perspective, the gameplay has nothing of FPS in it. Only pure Metroid gaming.

Yeh music is really underated for this series even though its an integral part of the poignant atmosphere, definitely deserves more praise.

I don't think the music is underrated, I think pretty much everyone agrees that these games have absolutely spectacular musical compositions. I've never seen anyone bash the Metroid soundtracks.

Prime's music is some of the best i've heard since i play videogames.

They effectively set the right atmosphere. That space pirate tune that kicked up slowly right before you got assaulted by pirates was was/is unforgettable.

I occasionally listen to some mp3s of the game.

This seemed like another good time to mention how you can buy an excellent soundtrack for virtually all Metroid games at

http://www.samus.co.uk

But the site has . . . undergone some . . . changes since last time I looked.

Anyone know what happened to it?

But the site has . . . undergone some . . . changes since last time I looked.

Anyone know what happened to it?

Looks like a hacking.

The site I made for Young Enterprise last year (2-year URL purchese) has been hacked into a page advertising erotic books. Luckily this happened after Young Enterprise (so, the site hasn't been used for nearly a year). Initially, it was just an image (and luckitly just a nuke and "Hacked by S432Dk" or some odd name like that)

:

Really, whats the control scheme in MP3 like?

I don't think the music is underrated, I think pretty much everyone agrees that these games have absolutely spectacular musical compositions. I've never seen anyone bash the Metroid soundtracks.

True, but it doesn't get as much recognition as a number of RPG's and nowhere near the acclamation that franchises like Zelda get.

Same main character? Prime is NOT a first person shooter. They are completely different tough. Metroid is about exploring and solving puzzles with shooting coming second,halo is just a shooter and nothing more.

if you want to be anal about it, they're First Person Adventures. Ooh, how different. :indeed:

hm.......adventure and shooter i wonder what the difference is.

The Metroid Prime games are as much first person shooters as Oblivion. They just are games played from a first perspective, the gameplay has nothing of FPS in it. Only pure Metroid gaming.

You speak the truth and the music is awesome who was bashing it?

This is all Balls. MP2 was fricken decent as!. Just a little to hardcore for some it would seem. I loved the dark world and the bubbles etc. And the art was top notch to whomever dis-regarded it on the previous page.

Also agree. Gameplay wise it wasn't hard at all.

Are you high?

Are you high?

lol same game objectives i missed that one. Yes i really think he is or he played the game blindfolded.

Same main character? Prime is NOT a first person shooter. They are completely different tough. Metroid is about exploring and solving puzzles with shooting coming second,halo is just a shooter and nothing more.

He's comparing Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2. Not Metroid Prime and Halo.

He's comparing Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2. Not Metroid Prime and Halo.

no he isn't he qouted me when i complained about people comparing halo to metroid prime.

lol same game objectives i missed that one. Yes i really think he is or he played the game blindfolded.

No, it's more the fact that he's an idiot.

No, it's more the fact that he's an idiot.

yes that of course is another very likely option

thumb_met3.JPG

From the Chargers manual

What is samus doing in that pic? I must too tired, i can't make it out ::shrug:

Anyone got a better pic?

Cheers! can't wait to find out if the controls have been tweaked more from the last showing. Think they will show a new trailer soon?

Random thing but going by Matt in the recent IGN podcast the recent screenshots of Prime 3 are current build for one reaason, they're apparently the first shots in proper widescreen. The previous stuff was apparently stretched, which would explain why I always thought Samus' arm cannon looked wierd in the older videos.

Yeah, the earlier screens seem stretched. It's as if Retro rebuilt the first demo in widescreen.

The screenshots are horrible though, I seriously doubt that's the latest build... They're bad screenshots from a bad devkit, and it seems they were made into a thumbnail and then sized up to 720x480 again.