NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I love Nintendo to bits, but theres no denying the fact that 360's release schedule for Q3/Q4 is outstanding. Nintendo really do have a fight on their hands here...but i doubt they will participate.

Nintendo's lineup is possibly the best they ever had, and so is Microsoft's. It's really awesome stuff.

Nintendo's lineup is possibly the best they ever had, and so is Microsoft's. It's really awesome stuff.

USA's line-up will be fantastic and the best they've ever had. Your right.

Interesting... new screenshots that are actually taken from last years E3 demo's attract mode. It is fucking shame that you can't get good screencaps from Wii's devkit. I mean, here is screenshot that Servo @ Mobygames took from Baten Kaitos Origins with his own videocard (game is in progressive mode).

117012279000xm3.png

As far as I heard there won't be online/coop mode in Prime 3. If they don't change that the game is a no go for me. Singleplayer is too boring for my taste and to be honest even the decent graphics don't help me over that issue.

As far as I heard there won't be online/coop mode in Prime 3. If they don't change that the game is a no go for me. Singleplayer is too boring for my taste and to be honest even the decent graphics don't help me over that issue.

Your problem.

I'm glad they're focusing all their attention in single player, now I need videos!

Your problem.

I'm glad they're focusing all their attention in single player, now I need videos!

couldn't agree more, metroid is not about online multiplayer...

Although Metroid is about single player,I would of liked an online mode for it even better with VOIP.

But don't care still getting it.

Maybe the next Metroid will involve Zero suit Samus having to save her kitten, "Scrinkles" from the Space Pirate, "Noel".

Might be a good change of direction.

Nah rather than bother adding multiplayer to this, give us a stella single player and then leave the like of online and VOIP to the likes of Batallion Wars 2

Maybe the next Metroid will involve Zero suit Samus having to save her kitten, "Scrinkles" from the Space Pirate, "Noel".

Might be a good change of direction.

She, of course, would be revelaed as a lesbian.

Leak Leak...

There's a slight difference between a "leak" and an "official release". These screenshots aren't leaked.

I take it that the 70%+ completion when finished will show us the Smash Bros Brawl model of Zero Suit Samus.

Fact Sheet:

Metroid Prime® 3 Corruption

Format: Wii™

Launch Date: 08/20/07

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: First-Person Adventure

Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers

Players: 1

Developer: Retro Studios

Game Information

KEY INFORMATION

If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. Take aim at evil with Nintendo’s revolutionary controller.

* Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the pointer, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. Through the eyes of Samus, players experience a quantum leap in first-person control as they wield the Wii Remote controller, the ultimate device for the first-person shooter genre.

* Samus will employ well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as a bunch of new surprises, to help her survive her coming trials.

Game storyline: Six months have passed since the events on the planet Aether. The Galactic Federation’s network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and, beginning with Samus, starts to contact bounty hunters. As they explain the situation to the assembled hunters, the Federation is attacked by the pirates. Samus and the other hunters leap to the defense of the Federation capital, only to find that the enemy the hunters face is the presumed-dead Dark Samus. Dark Samus is armed with immense power that no one can withstand. It soon becomes obvious that the forces controlling Dark Samus and the terror of the contaminated Phazon are a dire threat that could corrupt the entire universe.

Characters: Samus, Dark Samus, the Galactic Federation and new bounty hunters.

How to progress through the game: The war initiated by Dark Samus and the Space Pirates rages across many planets as they attempt to corrupt each with Phazon seeds. Players use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers to explore alien landscapes, hunt for weapons and information, and destroy the seeds. Saving the planets from corruption isn’t enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus’ mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run. The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus’ Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats; on the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she’ll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus’ ship will be used in active game play.

edit: Just read it. A war? Sounds ace. I hope the attack on the Galactic Federation isn't a cutscene, and you play as Samus in that section.

Your problem.

Why not though? Hunters still stands as the best multiplayer for the ds if they can combine the single player goodness of metroid prime 1 with the multiplayer in hunters then we would end up with a killer game.

Also why was it delayed? People suspected it was to add an on-line option. if that's not true then what!?

I think the screens look awesome.

I very much disagree but they looked Good enough for me at e3 that time so i'm happy.

The game was looking mighty tasty in motion back at E3, so I don't think you could legitimately complain on that front.

It's kinda funny that people were expecting the visuals to be "drastically improved" over E3's build though.

Your problem.

Well coop is a form of single player in my eyes which would be quite cool - wether it is 2 player splitscreen or online coop. But if this is yet again a go from A to B, scan something, collect something, travel back kind of "story" I really wonder why Retro needed more time for the game...

I don't want Nintendos flagship action adventure become a minor polished game with Wiimote capabilities. That might be enough for Ubisoft or EA but Retro should and could do better than that.

Why not though? Hunters still stands as the best multiplayer for the ds if they can combine the single player goodness of metroid prime 1 with the multiplayer in hunters then we would end up with a killer game.

Also why was it delayed? People suspected it was to add an on-line option. if that's not true then what!?

Maybe it was never intended to come out at that original date at all but Nintendo said late 2006 anyway just to keep fans interested.

Like they do with a lot of games...

It's kinda funny that people were expecting the visuals to be "drastically improved" over E3's build though.

Those are from year old attact trailer. Can't understand Nintendo's logic in posting them.

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to this? I played about an hour of Prime 1 on GC and never got into it. Just not bothered. With Halo around the same time I'll probably end up not even buying this...

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to this? I played about an hour of Prime 1 on GC and never got into it. Just not bothered. With Halo around the same time I'll probably end up not even buying this...

Never played the Cube games, Metroid Prime Hunters was my first experience of Metroid and gave me a bad impression of the series, so I'm not sure.