NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I'm worried.

I love the original Prime, but i couldn't fucking stand Echoes. We shall see how this one pans out.

Yeah I feel that same. I think Metroid Prime is amazing, but Metroid prime 2 was just plain awful (in my opinion of course ). So bad that I'm not concidering buying MP3 until long after its out and I can read peoples opinions on here and others boards as to how good/bad it is.

I must say I also fail utterly to see how anyone could so much difference between Prime and Echoes. I'd certainly say Prime is slightly better then Echoes, but in the same sort of fashion in which I prefer milk chocolate to dark. It's all good.

I must say I also fail utterly to see how anyone could so much difference between Prime and Echoes. I'd certainly say Prime is slightly better then Echoes, but in the same sort of fashion in which I prefer milk chocolate to dark. It's all good.

You bring sense to this thread.

But Dark chocolate is the worst stuff ever man

Yeah I feel that same. I think Metroid Prime is amazing, but Metroid prime 2 was just plain awful (in my opinion of course ). So bad that I'm not concidering buying MP3 until long after its out and I can read peoples opinions on here and others boards as to how good/bad it is.

Why can't you make your own opinion?

Seriously, if you just base your opinion on someone elses, you'll miss out on some good games.

Whatever.

Why can't you make your own opinion?

Seriously, if you just base your opinion on someone elses, you'll miss out on some good games.

Whatever.

Well I don't base any of my opinions of what other people think. And yeah, if I like something about the game, I'll buy it reguardless since I only read reviews to find out what cool things a game has in it. I really could not care less about its score.

I'm just using common sense. I didnt like MP Echos, so I'll wait for the word on this (not just one persons opinion) from people that played the game. Not reviewers or Nintendo fanboys, just normal gamers that can write a decent explanation about what a game is like.

Doing the same for Mario galaxy too.

Well I don't base any of my opinions of what other people think. And yeah, if I like something about the game, I'll buy it reguardless since I only read reviews to find out what cool things a game has in it. I really could not care less about its score.

I'm just using common sense. I didnt like MP Echos, so I'll wait for the word on this (not just one persons opinion) from people that played the game. Not reviewers or Nintendo fanboys, just normal gamers that can write a decent explanation about whats good or bad about a game.

Ok, that's crossing the line. There's gotta be some kind of punishment we can give to you.

Metroid Prime Echoes is about not being able to run forward for more than 5 seconds without having to scan the nearby surroundings.

You people shouldn't be posting so late. It affects your reasoning. Scan Visor was the best damn thing to happen in the prime series, it's a different way to interact with the world, and improves the story. All the tecnho babble and details in it makes me hot.

I liked the scanning, its the backtracking. In Prime its well done, clever in places but never really a chore. In Echos its like eating dark chocoalate.

I'm just using common sense. I didnt like MP Echos, so I'll wait for the word on this (not just one persons opinion) from people that played the game. Not reviewers or Nintendo fanboys, just normal gamers that can write a decent explanation about what a game is like.

Ok cool, I was just concerned, you were one of those weirdos who only buy games if they are over a high percentage in reviews.

It's all good. :hehe:

They should bring back the orange square scanning system. It was dead tasty compared to the lots of colour system.

Those are from year old attact trailer. Can't understand Nintendo's logic in posting them.

The area that's shown is yeah, but I highly doubt Nintendo would be releasing new screens not of their current build of the game.

Introducing scanning was an inspired idea, especially for revealing the story. This applies to MP1 more than Echoes, since in the latter game, U-Mos helpfully tells you just about everything that has transpired.

I loved scanning the Pirate Logs - they did a great job of revealing the story a little at a time without feeling intrusive like a cutscene would. It gets even better later on when the logs start referring to your previous actions. 'The hunter has breached our defenses!'

Scanning also adds to the longevity of the game for those die-hard nuts (of which I am one) who must complete the game 100%.

The area that's shown is yeah, but I highly doubt Nintendo would be releasing new screens not of their current build of the game.

The screenshots are confusing, most of them are badly made (In terms of whats on screen). Perhaps they are meant more of "Oh, we forgot to give you these earlier. Have them now. And then be amazed in a few days when you can see the improvements"

Scanning also adds to the longevity of the game for those die-hard nuts (of which I am one) who must complete the game 100%.

Yeah, I loved getting 100% on Prime, just need to finish Echoes on hard and then I have done everything on that aswell. I will probably do that closer to the time of this games release.

The scanning was the soul of the Metroid Primes. They'd better not leave it out in this one.

Anyone who dislikes it does not understand the game. It's not a freaking FPS.

Anyone who dislikes it does not understand the game. It's not a freaking FPS.

Thats why I dont understand people arguing over Halo Vs Metroid as they are both completely different games.

Halo offers a nice run and gun action game ( which I love ) with big explosions and great multiplayer features. Metroid is all about taking it easy and exploring the world your in, it kind of absorbs you :)

Thats why I dont understand people arguing over Halo Vs Metroid as they are both completely different games.

So true. They are both first-person games where you carry a gun. Virtually everything else about the two games (genre setting, environments, enemies, objectives, game modes) is completely different.

It's like comparing Prince of Persia with Zelda - they are both 3rd person games where you carry a sword.

I find that odd, as they're very similar.

I found Echoes more annoying — the Keys were a chore, and I wasn't a big fan of Dark Aether — but I'm not sure why it would completely turn your opinion on its head. What didn't you like about it?

I'm not very excited for Corruption, mainly because from what little we've seen it looks like more of the same. Now that isn't a bad thing per se, I just hope they've mixed things up a bit for this sequel. Retro might well have done — we've seen basically nothing — but at the moment I'll definitely buy it, just not be particularly hyped for it.

• Ammo system was annoying.
  • Weapons were boring.
  • The Ing did nothing for me, even the dark units.
  • Dark Samus battles were stale.
  • Enviroments were completely uninspired.
  • Dark Aether as you mentioned was the worst idea ever in a Metroid game, lets restrict movement in what is essentially a game where you are supposed to explore! Thats real smart! ¬_¬

Metroid 3 will be better if they remove scanning altogether.

Get Out! No seriously just go now!

• Ammo system was annoying.
  • Weapons were boring.
  • The Ing did nothing for me, even the dark units.
  • Dark Samus battles were stale.
  • Enviroments were completely uninspired.
  • Dark Aether as you mentioned was the worst idea ever in a Metroid game, lets restrict movement in what is essentially a game where you are supposed to explore! Thats real smart! ¬_¬

I do agree with you on the Ammo system. I mean it meant that you were effectively restricted to just power beam.

Also the stacking system in MP3 I think is a bit crap, because it will mean you won't be able to change weapons:nono: on the fly which was the awesome thing about Metroid.

Environments uninspired. Nah mate thats Halo. MP2 may not have had such vibrant, rich, fantastical Environments as MP but still phenomenal none the less.

"Dark Aether as you mentioned was the worst idea ever in a Metroid game, lets restrict movement in what is essentially a game where you are supposed to explore! " This I whole heartedly agree with.

I think Retro really need to start proving to us that MP3 will be the best because right now its not looking that way. But I still have a very open mind.

I really liked Dark Aether. With a change of environment it changed the game plan, creating a monstrous and brutally hostile world, a step up from a simple change in scenery as seen in most other games that use the light/dark theme. It thus turned much of the game into a series of fiendish map and logic puzzles, as well as throwing increasingly hostile gribbilies that seem utterly alien even compared to what was already on Aether itself.

"Dark Aether as you mentioned was the worst idea ever in a Metroid game, lets restrict movement in what is essentially a game where you are supposed to explore! " This I whole heartedly agree with.
So basically you were too afraid to step out of the light bulbs? With the Dark Suit there was little stopping you.

Dark Aether's gameplay was a really cool addition in my opinion. The design of the world could have been better though.