NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

no true widescreen support? explain please.

I think it's that the resolution is not quite 480 but something like 476, so you either get a very tiny black bar on the top and bottom or your tv stretches it a little. RE4 Wii is also like this. It's still widescreen, it's just not 16:9 in the mathematical proportion way.

Just looked at my email from Amazon, and it reckons it'll arrive on Saturday. Hmph.. If it's not here tomorrow, I'm going to go into town and buy a copy, and send my Amazon one back when it arrives.

Graphically MP3 as never going to be amazing and push the Wii much and the console isn't exactly a power house, it's once you go HDTV it's hard to go back and sucks to be compared to 360 games since that's one of the 360's main focuses, to look good.

And i've had no jaggies or problems with my controls, the only problem is I keep losing health fast cause I always charge into the middle of groups off enemies :heh:

Something I have been thinking for MONTHS! Jordan, why do yu moderate on a Wii forum? You are one of the most negative Wii people here and constantly bumming the 360, now everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are intelligent and rational in your response but its doing my head in a little, you put such a downer on things sometimes when I want to get excited about games - NOTHING in anything thats not in HD pleases you. I dont go in the 360 forums and declare how much the games bore me to tears, which they do yet I'm still a sucker and keep buying them, because whats the point!? You're a great poster, but stop being so down and anti Wii!

I'm not a downer.

I'm genuienly excited about some future games on the Wii. Just right now, even with Metroid out i still don't feel much for the console.

When it comes to graphics, as long as i think it does the console justice then i'm happy. I didn't complain about TP's graphics, I mean, i'd rather have Wind Waker's graphic style but... thats not the point.

Either way, i'm not a troll, i'm just putting my opinions across and i'm sorry if i seem negative. Like i said, i'm going to give the game a second chance but after playing other consoles for so long, i do wonder if the Wii has gone in the right direction.

The DS took a year to get going propperly, this year the Wii has slowly picked up speed but its no way as good as it could have been.

He is sort of right with the graphics though, it could of been done on the Cube, now Galaxy and Brawl, that's something to ogle at.

When I played Prime 3 earlier I thought to myself "If there's more games like this then the Wii is getting started" , next 6 months are gonna be so hectice for me.

Right I'm just about to head off to Asda's to buy Metroid Prime 3. I phoned earlier and they did have it in stock. I'll be back later to let you know if I got it and how much it cost.

Wish me luck! :bowdown:

To be honest I don't expect to be amazed by the graphics having just completed Prime 2...I think it is more the artistic direction Retro Studios has implemented throughout the series...

gonna go and grab me a copy after uni 2moro, anyone know where it'll be the cheapest or are looking at standard £40 shop price?

gonna go and grab me a copy after uni 2moro, anyone know where it'll be the cheapest or are looking at standard £40 shop price?

ASDA expect at most £30 maybe cheaper...

Graphically MP3 as never going to be amazing and push the Wii much and the console isn't exactly a power house, it's once you go HDTV it's hard to go back and sucks to be compared to 360 games since that's one of the 360's main focuses, to look good.

Good point.

I'm interested in how MP3 controls, controls being the Wii's main focus.

Ok well just got back from ASDA's with the game eventually! £29.71 - a good price. Heres the thing though there were massive queues and I thought shit it's gonna be sold out but it turned out they were all there for pro-evo 08. So when it comes to my turn to get served I ask for Metroid and they don't have any at hand. I explain I phoned earlier and had been told they had received a delivery of it so the guy goes away to check and eventually comes back with 4 copies!!!!

So all that queuing and I was the 1st one to ask for it lol

Anyway I'm off to play it now. :heh:

gameplay before graphics

If the game is awesome and the graphics are still cube like... i will be happy.. sure some extra flare will be nice but if the game rules gameplay wise i will be smiling :smile:

Hehe, you were the only "hardcore" in the midst of a queue of "casuals". :heh:

Have you activated Connect 24 mode? You're not showing up as a MP3 owner on my roster. :hmm:

Nah as I have my 360 plugged in. I only have my Wii online when I visit the shopping channel. I will plug it into the net at some point as I wanna get me some Friend Vouchers :)

gonna set off soonish to Asda...my store doesn't have anyone in at nights that does game stuff oddly...so no midnight buying for me...

I wish I’d discovered the option to switch over the A and B buttons sooner, it's so much better using B to shoot and A to jump (don’t get why that wasn’t the default setting) but now I’m getting a bit confused at times as I got so used to the first layout! 25815406af2.gif

Definitely going to stick with the new way though, loads quicker to shoot with B.

For anyone yet to play the game, I recommend you mess with this option straight away, and find out which style you prefer, before getting too comfortable with the default controls.

I think it's that the resolution is not quite 480 but something like 476, so you either get a very tiny black bar on the top and bottom or your tv stretches it a little. RE4 Wii is also like this. It's still widescreen, it's just not 16:9 in the mathematical proportion way.
Yep that’s right, exactly the same set up as RE4. You really don’t notice it after a while though, even more so if you’re in a dark room. Which let’s face it, is the only way to play this game.

He is sort of right with the graphics though, it could of been done on the Cube.
Not in a million years my friend. Anyone that thinks this game could run on the GCN is delusional, or in good need of a visit to Specsavers. 42944569ec2.gif

Nah as I have my 360 plugged in. I only have my Wii online when I visit the shopping channel. I will plug it into the net at some point as I wanna get me some Friend Vouchers :)
Hook it up man! I’ve got some Friend Vouchers with your name on em’. 17hb1.gif

men i bought this game yesterday its Sweeet i compared it to Halo 3 and now i dont wanna go back oldskool style metroid just opened my eyes for first person shooters i hope more Developers learn from this game only too bad it doesnt have online play but thats oke. and the graphics are great too

i only play halo online sometimes but now i dont know i think ill just sell it and wait for better games like assassin creed naruto and Tomorrow ill buy Virtua fighter best fighting game.

I wish I’d discovered the option to switch over the A and B buttons sooner, it's so much better using B to shoot and A to jump (don’t get why that wasn’t the default setting)

Damn , theres an option for this ? *slaps head*

There was me thinking this would have made more sense but instead of checking the options I dived straight in on the default controls , I will definately try to adapt to the switch.

gameplay before graphics

If the game is awesome and the graphics are still cube like... i will be happy.. sure some extra flare will be nice but if the game rules gameplay wise i will be smiling :smile:

I wasn't trying to claim that this game sucks because it looks like a Gamecube title. I did point out all the aspects I like as well.

I was just bringing up the subject. Whether its more important than gameplay isn't the issue, but it is still something to discuss. Everyone likes good graphics to some extent, hence why when RE4 came out everyone said "wow this game looks amazing!"

It looks to me like they have used precisely the same model for Samus except her face, which now seems strangely plastered to the inside of her visor. Nothing about the rest of her, including her gun in 1st person mode and the blast effects, has changed from MP2. It doesn't look terrible, it's just nothing to get excited about. As someone mentioned, the Wii is capable of much more, look at Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy.

And earlier I compared Halo 3. Well it's not just the HD graphics that make Halo 3 awesome. One of its best features is lighting, and I definitely think MP3 could be much better in that department. Although admittedly the fuel gel areas look nice.

I'm still enjoying the game, I've just done another boss and it was good fun and rewarding as always. I hope the game will stop telling me what to do all the time though. I've turned off hints but it still keeps telling me which way to turn things etc..

Ok well just got back from ASDA's with the game eventually! £29.71 - a good price. Heres the thing though there were massive queues and I thought shit it's gonna be sold out but it turned out they were all there for pro-evo 08. So when it comes to my turn to get served I ask for Metroid and they don't have any at hand. I explain I phoned earlier and had been told they had received a delivery of it so the guy goes away to check and eventually comes back with 4 copies!!!!

Anyway I'm off to play it now. :heh:

A similar thing just happened to me...Went in it wasn't out...so went and asked at the counter. The woman said that I was wrong and Pro Evo was top of every chart, so I told her to go over and look at the wall. She said yeah I was right and that she had just assumed Pro Evo was top of that chart as and they hadn't got it in, thankfully she found one out back.

First impression from me is: AMAZING, i dont know how all of you can whine at the gfx, it looks beautiful. im sick of all these tacky looking games where they use screen glow to cover up the mess

neways less on the gfx part cause thats not what makes this game amazing :D

the controls are amazing, yea i was a little confused with A being shoot as well, will change asap so i can get used to the B shoot :D

as for the targeting, i dont really use it myself, apart from on the berserker thing so i can strafe ^_^

if you havent yet got this game, i suggest you go buy it