N-Europe

Soul Calibur

Whenever i have friends coming around my house, i sometimes make sure that my Dreamcast is set up and ready. Why? Because we still love, to this day, to kick each other's arses at this awesome game.

NightMare and Astaroth are absolute beasts. My mate and I once had a "best out of 100" match at this game. He ended up winning 51-49, as it went to the very last game.

Top, top game - and I still prefer it to the sequel. Dunno why....maybe it just feels a bit meatier than the second game.

There's so many good reasons to keep your DC around, and Soul Calibur is but one of them!

Damn right. :)

My mate's best character was Kilik, and he kicked arse with him. I was always tempted to ban him from using that character with his big whacky stick.

It's still an excellent game but if you have played too much SC3 or even SC2, turning back to the previous game is always hard (except if you play for fun).

Dreamcast has many good fighting games... From Capcom VS SNK 2 and Street Fighter 3 to Jojo's Bizzare Adventure and Powerstone.

• 1 month later...

Naaah, In my opinion SC2 was better, SC1 was mindblowing at the time because it was so new and fresh...

So anyway, yeah SC1 and 2 are widely regarded by a lot of gamers (including me) as the best fighters ever...

My favourites are

Maxi with Fatibal

SC3MaxiProfile.jpg

Nightmare with Soul Calibur or Soul Edge (Growth):

1124838577.jpg

I absolutely pwn with those two

Other characters I love to use are Ivy and Cervantes.

I think the reason why SC1 was such a success was because it was so fluid, and fast in comparison to other fighters at the time (and still) and the fact that a newbie coul pick up the game and pose a serious threat to a veteran, that and the quest mode was the best single player in any fighter ever.

I love Soul Calibur aswell. Not sure which is better 1 or 2. I do like using the GC controller more than the dreamcast pad though. Might have to rebuy SCII one day.

Recently started playing it on one of the hardest mode, so finally trying to get good at the game. Still think Shenmue is the best Dreamcast game though :-p

I used Maxi when I first got the game as I enjoyed the speed of the character. Later as I started "master" the game I switched to Kilik as I enjoyed his reach and also his speed. They totally changed his character in number 2 which I wasnt happy with at all. He felt wrong when using him so I then switched to Nightmare.

I used Maxi when I first got the game as I enjoyed the speed of the character.

Hells yeah! The first time I saw someone play soul calibur in the arcades, one of the people playing was using Maxi, and I remember thinking "Woah, look at that guy move!!!" All of his moves just looked so flashy and amazing, and that's primarily the reason I went straight out and bought my Dreamcast. He is without a doubt the coolest character in the game. As to whose the best, that's debatable, I don't really think there's a "best" character, most of them seem to be pretty well balanced...

I picket this up last summer for less than a tenner, but Ive only put a few hours into it. I didnt understand the fighting system - or is it too much to assume (assume makes an ass outta u and me) that there is a system to how the game plays? Im not slating it cos I know it has a great following and is highly regarded. KI all the way to the bank though.

Whenever i have friends coming around my house, i sometimes make sure that my Dreamcast is set up and ready. Why? Because we still love, to this day, to kick each other's arses at this awesome game.

NightMare and Astaroth are absolute beasts. My mate and I once had a "best out of 100" match at this game. He ended up winning 51-49, as it went to the very last game.

I still prefer soul blade for ps1.

watch the intro and try not to be amazed.Its amazing.