Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Noodleman - how old is your Xbox? I had a launch Xbox 360 that RROD'd last October. Got it fixed and sold it to my brother and it's still going strong. I recently got a new 360 for my birthday at the beginning of June (Arcade HDMI model) that was manufactured in March this year and was told that new models don't RROD (yeah right) so I'm just wondering whether you have a newer model 'cos I'm scared it will happen to me again.

Ah OK that's made me feel a bit better! Sorry that its happened to you again though:shakehead

Its going to happen to the 360 that I got repaired. My brother has it sitting in the corner of his bedroom on the carpet absolutely covered in dust. Mind you, its been like that for 6 months and it hasn't broken yet.

Ok i've got a wireless connection set up but I want to play my 360 (which i get on the 28th) using a cabled connection. Do I get the relevant stuff with it to do this (apart from LIVE subscription obviously) to set it up online?

Yeah it should come with an ethernet cable. You also get a free month as well. If you do end up wanting a wireless connection then you have a buy the overpriced wireless adapter.

Tip: get a play and charge kit, will save you a lot of money.

Or get rechargeable batteries like me : peace:

I don't understand why more people don't do this...so much better than getting a play and charge kit IMO.

I've got around 10 pairs of rechargeable batteries, using them for my controller, remote for the TV etc. So much better!: peace:

That's because rechargeable AA batteries suffer from rapid degeneration through reuse; they're recharged through a reversible reaction just like the ones in the play and charge kit, but the difference is that the active material degenerates, resulting in a loss of energy storing potential. Soooo, it's better to get the play and charge kit cause it'll last you a lot longer. [/mumbo jumbo]

But as Cube and Babooo pointed out, rechargable batteries are a better investment because they have the advantage of being interchangable with GHIII guitar/Wii controller/Wireless Mouse/TV remote etc. etc.

And really, if you have enough pairs of batteries, you can always cycle them, and always have some spares (which would take 2 play and charge kits per controller for the same effect)

Resident Evil 5 may be a timed exclusive.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/06/18/rumor-industry-rumblings-regarding-resident-evil-5/

By now, you may have heard about the “Major RE5 Reveal at E3″ that Videogaming247 is reporting.

Some more information has made its way to PlayStationLifeStyle.net…

Whether or not this information is true is unknown. However we felt it is our duty to give fans a heads up on a HUGE announcement that MAY be coming @ E3.

Please take this as a rumor as that’s all it is at this point. No solid information on the subject yet.

From what I have been told, Microsoft is looking to pay Capcom an undisclosed amount, for timed exclusivity of Resident Evil 5. It is still not known if Capcom has accepted the offer… The information we got, was only that Microsoft has made the offer.

If this is going to be announced it will be @ E3. Similar to the GTAIV “showing of the tattoo†a couple of years ago.

If this is true, all of you petition fanatics out there better get to work.

Remember this is just a rumor, and nothing is known for sure at this time.

A very good move by Microsoft if its true.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!