Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I honestly cannot understand why anyone who has a choice would get PS3 version over 360 version.

I'm going to get it on the PS3 for two reasons: so my brother can play online without using my profile, and because the DLC doesn't really interest me.

I don't play GTA games for the missions, I just enjoy exploring the worlds and messing around. I will go through the story but that isn't the driving force behind the game for me; I'll more than likely progress the narrative simply to broaden my options. With this in mind, the DLC isn't really a big deal to me.

Of course this decision does hinge on one proviso: performance. If the 360 version turns out to run noticeably better than the PS3 version then I'll get it for the Xbox.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, but that's a lot of fantastic games you're not playing.

Like what? I've finished all the games that are out for the system I'm bothered about. The only games confirmed that i care about playing are Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars.

I only have the space and time for one machine and the PS3 serves my needs more.

Back on the GTA issue the DLC does not bother my at all, at the end of the day we all know it's gonna be a really long game. By the time you do all the missions, run round killing old people for no reason and the other bonus stuff there is to do most people will have had enough by then. Then when the DLC comes out in the fall i will have Gears, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2 etc to play.

Anyone got any advice on what to buy? :shakehead

A PS3 instead because the 360's rubbish!

The Mass Effect DLC is out today, and that's 400 points. I think I have 400 points left over the same as you, so I might download that... but on the other hand I actually dislike the game in a lot of ways, I just can't stop playing it. Hmm...

What do you not understand? I don't really like my 360 so i'm buying it for the console i actually like.

Understood ^.^, originally I wanted the ps3 but then changed my mind to the 360 because in my opinion I prefer the games, don't get so beat up, there's absolute nothing wrong with having a ps3 instead of an 360 and vice versa :)

A PS3 instead because the 360's rubbish!

The Mass Effect DLC is out today, and that's 400 points. I think I have 400 points left over the same as you, so I might download that... but on the other hand I actually dislike the game in a lot of ways, I just can't stop playing it. Hmm...

O rly? What did you not like about Mass Effect?

Guest Stefkov

Unless you want to take your own gamerpicture and/or have friends you'd video chat with then yes.

As far as I know only Totemball and R6V use it for anything remotely good.

Very tempted to get a 360 this weekend......EXTREMELY tempted...I've wanted one for so long but I've been holding back cos of my exams in June..

Looking at your Solid Snake avatar and sig wouldn't you be happier with a PS3?

After 2008 the 360's exclusives line-up is starting to look a little barren.

Looking at your Solid Snake avatar and sig wouldn't you be happier with a PS3?

After 2008 the 360's exclusives line-up is starting to look a little barren.

Lol. Yes, I'm a big fan of the MGS series but for me, the 360 really has the better games on it. Not gonna get a PS3 for just one game tbh. Only when it starts getting a bigger and better library of games will I think about getting the PS3.

And you say that the 360 exclusives are looking a little barren but just how good are the PS3 exclusives? I can't see much in the future for PS3??

And you say that the 360 exclusives are looking a little barren but just how good are the PS3 exclusives? I can't see much in the future for PS3??

Touche'. A lot of the big series have gone multiplatform this generation; Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Soul Calibur, Devil May Cry and GTA.

Guest Stefkov

There's a future for both consoles. Games will come out eventually, just because nothing is announced now doesn't mean there won't be anything. It's just choosing which one will suit your needs for the long run.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!