N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

http://kotaku.com/gaming/last-dlc-for-oblivion/new-free-oblivion-content-hits-pc-360-309369.php

I'm not sure how this effects my game though. Does it just add it to the map? Also, I've only out 25 hours into the game, it won't mess it up too much surely?

Finally! Been waiting for the Stronghold for ages!.

Shame its the last DLC for Oblivion though :'(

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH if you have a PC good enough to run it then it makes no sense to buy Orange Box on 360. It's £10 more expensive, doesn't run as well, is released later and has half the number of players in TF2. What do you gain against all that? Achievements.

I just don't get the appeal of these achievement things. Admittedly I'm still not a part of the Wii-60 fraternity (hopefully tomorrow, or whenever my student loan comes through - you know the story). I mean, as a fun little aside marking amusing in-game events and odd high scores, fine, but going through the whole process of actively hunting them down to up your score... I mean, why? You crazy kids and your music etc.

I just don't get the appeal of these achievement things. Admittedly I'm still not a part of the Wii-60 fraternity (hopefully tomorrow, or whenever my student loan comes through - you know the story). I mean, as a fun little aside marking amusing in-game events and odd high scores, fine, but going through the whole process of actively hunting them down to up your score... I mean, why? You crazy kids and your music etc.

Before i got my 360 i was like achievements wtf. now im like ftw. they extend the amount of time you can play a game for etc and change the way you play and its fun.

Before i got my 360 i was like achievements wtf. now im like ftw. they extend the amount of time you can play a game for etc and change the way you play and its fun.

Its true. THE 360 WILL CHANGE YOU.

Achievements can give ever depth/make something more rewarding or just be time consuming and repetive. I try to only do the ones that are enjoyable to play.

Some games have good achievement sets, some don't.

Guest Stefkov

Some achievements take time to get, they may seem tedious people saying you're wasting your time getting some of the more time consuming ones.

But when you get it, it's oh so satisfying. (read - Hidden Orbs on Crackdown.)

I kind of use achievements to gauge how much I've got out of a game. Another thing is that I will sometimes come back to a game I probably wouldn't have to get a couple more.

I love the "blip" the achievement makes! So satisfying!

I love the "blip" the achievement makes! So satisfying!

Yeah the blip is awesome but it can be decieving. Like yesterday when me and Caris were trying to get the Endo achievement on PGR4, people kept signing into Live and evrytime we heard the BLINK we thought we had got the achievement :)