Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the thing with virtual property. People really scrutinise it. Games on XBLA/PSN/Steam/etc that are £15 often get bashed for not being £10. When a lot of games of less quality still sell well on the DS for £30. It's crazy. The other day I bought Worms for the iPhone for £2.99 - and I was thinking, "Is it a bit too much?" And then I realised, wait, I pay 3 pounds on junk food without battering an eyelid. I bought Worms on the GameBoy, practically the same as this iPhone version (in terms of features) for like £20.

But then I hit my knee on my desk and cried out in anger, immediately forgetting all of this ever happened.

It's just the thing with virtual property. People really scrutinise it. Games on XBLA/PSN/Steam/etc that are £15 often get bashed for not being £10. When a lot of games of less quality still sell well on the DS for £30. It's crazy. The other day I bought Worms for the iPhone for £2.99 - and I was thinking, "Is it a bit too much?" And then I realised, wait, I pay 3 pounds on junk food without battering an eyelid. I bought Worms on the GameBoy, practically the same as this iPhone version (in terms of features) for like £20.

But then I hit my knee on my desk and cried out in anger, immediately forgetting all of this ever happened.

Those eyelids must be... sore. What did they do to you?

The next Perfect Dark.

You know it's coming.

I actually played Zero on Live again last night, people still play on it! I'm looking everywhere for a new game (Tales of Vesperia is out of stock everywhere, did it get a recall?) and decided to jump back into my existing catalogue instead, a whopping 5 games. I really wouldn't mind a Perfect Dark sequel if they could re-think it a bit.

Off the top of my head you're missing Forza 3, Left4Dead2 and Ballad of Gay Tony.

I forgot about Forza (mainly because I don't like it, but you're right) and LFD2. Gay Tony I personally think is gonna suck.

What I did forget about was Fable 3. But that's pretty much like Gears 3 (they probably won't come out next year), even if that's what's intended.

Technically Mass Effect 2, Conviction and Left4Dead 2 aren't exclusive — somewhat ironically it looks like Alan Wake actually is.

Crackdown 2 will probably be released next year, albeit not until the final few months of it. Presumably Microsoft's first-party talent is focussed on Natal at the moment.

Isn't Natal mainly second-party (i.e. Rare)?

Rare are first-party, as are Lionhead — both are owned by Microsoft. Second-party would refer to someone like Insomniac, an independent company that only makes games for Sony due to having strong ties and publishing agreements with the company; Bungie might fall into this category, although it's too early to say right now.

To be honest I don't think Microsoft need to be too fussed about exclusives, at least not for the next 6 months or so. There's so many promising third-party games coming out that I can't see many people sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

I always thought that 1st party was the company's direct teams and 2nd Party was other companies owned by the main company, but it seems I was wrong as it's just companies that have an exclusive contract (or may be part-owned).

Anyway, looking at the PS3's line up, then the 360 wins for what I want.

It's pretty much Splinter Cell vs GOW III and Mass Effect vs The Last Guardian when you boil it down to the bare essentials. Splinter vs GOW might be a ie in my book, but Last Guardian is Team Ico, which is pretty much my fav team around.

It's pretty much Splinter Cell vs GOW III and Mass Effect vs The Last Guardian when you boil it down to the bare essentials. Splinter vs GOW might be a ie in my book, but Last Guardian is Team Ico, which is pretty much my fav team around.

Yeah but fuck, Mass Effect.

Really, now that the PS3 has a nice back catalog to go with the promise of future games, I don't think I can manage with just one. Alot of things are multiplat and I'll probably still get most on 360 because most of my friends are 360'ers, but missing out on LBP, Uncharted etc already, and then with Last Guardian and Gran Turismo on the way soon, I gotta have both :geek:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!