Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Teaser for a nex-gen project from Bethesda titled "Brink".

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24836

I'll admit, after playing Oblivion, what I'd class as my first 360 title (I came in a little late to this gen after a period of little interest from traditional gaming) and being blown away by it; and then enjoying Fallout 3 loads; I'm a bit of Bethesda fanboy. Love these guys so I'm super excited for their projects. I hope they show something of this at E3, I don't see how they can't. I also hope they show their Wii project, too.

Also, the job listing for the 300 thousand game-networking thing: surely a sign that come E3 we'll see the first console MMO announced. Probably an already established title on the PC that needs to strengthen itself (Lord of the Rings?).

- And no, Home is not an MMO anything.

Edited by Wesley

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the job listing for the 300 thousand game-networking thing: surely a sign that come E3 we'll see the first console MMO announced. Probably an already established title on the PC that needs to strengthen itself (Lord of the Rings?).

- And no, Home is not an MMO anything.

Final Fantasy XI came out ages ago, as did Phantasy Star Universe, and Champions Online is due on the 360 near the end of the year. If those don't count there's about 8 announced MMOs for the PS3, too.

Anyway, I would imagine the job posting is Primetime related.

Good news everyone! Zavvi finally realised I wanted to give them money and R6V2 has been despatched and is en route. Any luck for you Wezzers?

Agh! No! I cancelled mine a while back after getting in touch with them and being told that they couldn't give me any date to when it may come. I will pick it up though (probably when I move (1st July) and get myself a HDTV) because I really enjoyed the first and got hooked on that. It was definately my gaming highlight of this year. I need to go back to the missed gems this summer.

Also, when I move I should get round to getting Live for some online play.

Final Fantasy XI came out ages ago, as did Phantasy Star Universe, and Champions Online is due on the 360 near the end of the year. If those don't count there's about 8 announced MMOs for the PS3, too.

Anyway, I would imagine the job posting is Primetime related.

I really considered deleting my profile and committing e-suicide after what you said. I can't believe I didn't think of FF and Phantasy Star, especially because as a kid I yerned for the latter on the 'cube. I would normally try to save face and say, "Oh, I meant for X under the condition of X. And anyway Title X doesn't count because of X and X". But I was totally out on all of that.

Edited by Wesley

I'll expect a letter on my desk first thing. Signed in arterial blood.

If it's any consolation journalists on podcasts always seem to forget there are already console MMOs out there. They're something of an enclosed environment, only really of interest to those actually playing them.

What time GMT is Microsoft's conference tomorrow? Don't have a 360 but like to watch them all (will actually miss the other 2 because of work) and Microsoft often show 3rd party multiplatform titles with the idea that they are better on 360 cos of achievements and live etc...

Good news everyone! Zavvi finally realised I wanted to give them money and R6V2 has been despatched and is en route. Any luck for you Wezzers?

Don't get me started on that game! Overrated as hell and generally boring.

What time GMT is Microsoft's conference tomorrow? Don't have a 360 but like to watch them all (will actually miss the other 2 because of work) and Microsoft often show 3rd party multiplatform titles with the idea that they are better on 360 cos of achievements and live etc...

It's on Monday.

Teaser for a nex-gen project from Bethesda titled "Brink".

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24836

I'll admit, after playing Oblivion, what I'd class as my first 360 title (I came in a little late to this gen after a period of little interest from traditional gaming) and being blown away by it; and then enjoying Fallout 3 loads; I'm a bit of Bethesda fanboy. Love these guys so I'm super excited for their projects. I hope they show something of this at E3, I don't see how they can't. I also hope they show their Wii project, too.

You'll be less happy to hear that they've abandoned the Elder Scrolls series for the forseeable future then. New projects can't be bad, but i'm not too happy about that news :(

Well, looks like my 360 is on it's way out. Got the RROD today, though it's now gone after letting it cool down. But that's a warning shot, so I give it maybe 2 months max. Almost 2 years to the day when I got it, aswell.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!