NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I think it's a huge shame that not only do we not get to enjoy the classic on Live, but also I feel hugely sorry for the developers. The actual people who put time and effect into re-creating it... to see it go to waste.

never say never though. if enough people (especially the media) put pressure on nintendo and especially activision, they might be forced into making a deal.

that and bill gates throwing large sums of money at them = possible routes for it to still be released.

never say never though. if enough people (especially the media) put pressure on nintendo and especially activision, they might be forced into making a deal.

that and bill gates throwing large sums of money at them = possible routes for it to still be released.

I still reckon that we may see Goldeneye get a release on Live, only because MS will shove lots of money Activisions way and get it that way. And also, Ninty don't give two hoots about the great Rare back-catalogue then, MS could once again win and get all these released on Live as well. Ninty had a chance to get one over MS but decided against it in the end

I still reckon that we may see Goldeneye get a release on Live, only because MS will shove lots of money Activisions way and get it that way.

I thought Activision agreed to the game.

They did, until Nintendo told them they didn't want it to be released. Now Activision is saying no so they don't piss off Nintendo...

Do I need an RGB cabel to play imported games? I had to buy one for imported PS2 games.

They did, until Nintendo told them they didn't want it to be released. Now Activision is saying no so they don't piss off Nintendo...

Nintendo said yes, Iwata said no. :(

Do I need an RGB cabel to play imported games? I had to buy one for imported PS2 games.

You are aware most 360 games are region locked, right?

Yes, I know. I check VG+ before importing anything. They test most games on a PAL 360 and tell us the result on their blog. Now, my question.

You are aware most 360 games are region locked, right?

Region locking had better be gone by the next gen, or I'm going to be upset. Sniper rifle and clock tower upset.

Only if you want to use a wireless connection. You can use ethernet if you prefer.

What's ethernet? The opposite of wireless? My router and room are two walls apart...

Nintendo said yes, Iwata said no. :(

Apparently Reggie was the one who suggested the whole thing in the first place. He should have asked his boss first.

What's ethernet? The opposite of wireless? My router and room are two walls apart...

Ethernet is just wired. You can buy plenty of cable for cheap if need be.

Well, I doubt I will be allowed to drag a cable from my room through the kitchen and living room to get to the router. So that thing is the only option then? Why couldn't they just include wireless. This is getting ridicilously expensive. It isn't possible to connect the 360 to my laptop like the Wii and DS use the USB connector?

Well, I doubt I will be allowed to drag a cable from my room through the kitchen and living room to get to the router. So that thing is the only option then? Why couldn't they just include wireless. This is getting ridicilously expensive. It isn't possible to connect the 360 to my laptop like the Wii and DS use the USB connector?

I think if you

1. Connect the 360 to your PC (if they're close) via Ethernet.

2. Bridge your Wireless and Wired connections.

3. Allow sharing of wireless internet (in connection settings)

It may work.

Does the console include a cable to connect via ethernet? (I haven't recieved mine yet). Is bridging wired and wireless connection easier than it sounds?

A lot of questions, I know, but I don't know much about this. Thanks for all the help.

Dammit. I just can't do Halo 3. I completed both of the others on legendary and I'm really struggling with the third. Still on the first level, those damn guys with the big smashing sticks keep killing me. I want to cry.

Does the console include a cable to connect via ethernet? (I haven't recieved mine yet). Is bridging wired and wireless connection easier than it sounds?

A lot of questions, I know, but I don't know much about this. Thanks for all the help.

Bridging connections is easy, just go to My Network Places > View Netowrk Connections, highlight the connections you want to bridge, and right click > bridge connections. Thats how mine works, with the Wireless connection for my Xbox, Wii and DS bridged with the ethernet cable from the other PC to connect to the internet through my main PC's router. Complicated but it works.

Tales, if you don't even know what ethernet is, this could be painful for all of us.