NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Get 1000 MS points if you pre-order Lost Odessy from HMV.

Tempting, I could get n+ with that.

Or 32.99 from Amazon?

I just read it on kotaku. I didn't see any price.

I gave in and got N+

It's superb.

The HMV deal is better, you can go and get it in-store on Friday and some people will get 10% off it too (student discount).

Im gonna go for Sainsburys as usual. Hopefully they get the game in, because they usually have new releases at £34.99 - 10% staff discount :D

I just read it on kotaku. I didn't see any price.

I gave in and got N+

It's superb.

We'll play co-op later then.

damn best buy in the states is selling the 360 HD-DVD drive for $50 with 5 movies.

when is the shops over here gonna start the fire-sale?

damn best buy in the states is selling the 360 HD-DVD drive for $50 with 5 movies.

when is the shops over here gonna start the fire-sale?

Why would you bother? It's going to be debunked in a few months and you won't be able to buy anything for it at all.

What's this N+ you guys talking about?

Got to chapter... 4 (I think) of GoW last night and I'm pleasently surprised, I thought the game would be repetitive, but it's not, it's pretty cool. Co-Op seems great too, despite the rest of the multiplayer being weak (imo). The difficulty settings are a little cheap though, it seems they just slided the damage bar. I mean, 3 shots at point blank in the head (after getting machine gunned(lol)) to a Guard and he's still alive? oO

I also hate UE3.0, but whatever. I love the voice acting despite being just the generic bad-ass marine. The Cole Train baby!

This

Sure you can get it free on the internet. Who cares, it's fun.

Download it there. I cba finding the flash one.

PS: Co-op is awesome online.

Got to chapter... 4 (I think) of GoW last night and I'm pleasently surprised, I thought the game would be repetitive, but it's not, it's pretty cool. Co-Op seems great too, despite the rest of the multiplayer being weak (imo). The difficulty settings are a little cheap though, it seems they just slided the damage bar. I mean, 3 shots at point blank in the head (after getting machine gunned(lol)) to a Guard and he's still alive? oO

I also hate UE3.0, but whatever. I love the voice acting despite being just the generic bad-ass marine. The Cole Train baby!

Yeah headshots in GoW count for something... but not a lot. I like to pretend that the locusts have super dense heads.

I also love it when you down them after loads of lancer fire and they pick themselves up...

So they previewed the game, only to confirm that it's deffinitely cancelled? What's the bloody point?! ¬¬

Is it just me, or does anyone else think goldeneye will be wank? Look at it, it was good when i was young, but now... it looks shite

I disagree ^^^ I think you can really tell that the graphics have been updated and it stands up with most shooters of the last generation (PS2 etc.) graphically. The gameplay on Goldeneye is still ace, I played it recently and the single player especially (the multiplayer is still good, but not as good as back in the day) has something attached to it that is timeless.

Nintendo are idiots blocking this release. Tbh it makes it seem like they are sour they are unable to compete with the 360 version, cos they released a console with Gamecube graphics and no online capabilities - so are blocking the release.

The gameplay on Goldeneye is still ace, I played it recently and the single player especially (the multiplayer is still good, but not as good as back in the day) has something attached to it that is timeless.

No its not, its proper basic run and shoot, and drop mines/grenades, its poo!

No its not, its proper basic run and shoot, and drop mines/grenades, its poo!

Not really. Plenty of stealth involved and the strong enemy AI makes up for the basic aspects of the gameplay. Goldeneye is still on par with most current generation games.

The 1 player still stands up to this day, I went into playing it recently expecting it to be outdated and it just wasnt.

The multiplayer, maybe. Now we have seen games such as Timesplitters, Call Of Duty, Halo and Gears Of War since Goldeneye's release it is hard to go back to it and get the same thrill. But even with that said, its still pretty fuckin solid and with Xbox Live support would be very playable.

An updated Perfect Dark would be much more playable.

Yerp, and not zero hour :P

An updated Perfect Dark would be much more playable.

That would be nice too :heh:

But I dunno, something cannot replace the thrill of being James Bond on facility.

Perfect Dark had slightly superior gameplay to Goldeneye, but not superior character or style. Even so, I would take it - I just want Goldeneye more!

The article is quite interesting. They say that Rare was going to port the Goldeneye Remake over to the Wii and release the other Rare/Nintendo titles on VC as part of the deal.

Very odd that Nintendo turned it down given that Rare made some of they're best games. Looks like they don't care about Banjo, Perfect Dark, Conker, Jetforce Gemini, Blast Corps etc. etc.